halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 37 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:04 am

{{ They've dumped Capaldi from the end of the official BBC Who vids telling you to subscribe (in a manner which rather encourages you to do so!)- seems a bit quick- they left 11 up doing it right until 12 began his first series- and not like they have replaced 12 with 13, just nothing Mad They somehow dont feel 'official' any more. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 pm

Nick Briggs has confirmed Big Finish now have the rights to the 12th Doctor era (that was quick!) cheers

There's hope for a Nardole spinoff yet...

(I wonder if that also includes the rights to 'Class'? It was cancelled because of the low viewing figures so I'm not sure there would be an audience for an audioplay follow up, perhaps BF could reboot it...)

He also confirmed Matt Smith, Capaldi and Christopher Eccleston and their agents have all been approached to see if they are interested in reprising the role for audio.

Smith seems pretty keen to do BF eventually, but has declined for the time being as he is very very busy.

Capaldi has previously expressed interest in doing BF further down the line but understandably wants a break from Who for a while and wants to to pursue other projects (maybe BF could get him in for something else, he has such a great voice for radio) for the foreseeable future.

Eccleston is also very busy and has continued to politely decline the offer to return to the role, but again I wonder if they could coax him back with a Shakespeare adaptation or something first?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:48 pm

{{That all sounds very hopeful for the future- would love more 12 stories.
The second of the 1st Doctor BF with Bradley and co recreating the original roles is also out. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Another bit of audio news, The 8th Doctor is apparently going to reunite with his first audio companion Charlotte 'Charley' Pollard in her next spinoff series box set, the scripts for which are currently being written (and presumably will be recorded later this year), India Fisher voiced Charley for more than 30 audio stories opposite McGann between 2001-2007 (as well as the Big Finish 50th Anniversary 50th Anniversary special 'The Light At The End' in 2013 which was set early in their travels together) later having a small run of stories opposite Colin Baker's 6th Doctor (whose memories of their travels together get wiped to preserve 'the web of time') and getting her own spin-off series. Charley and the 8th Doctor were a great pairing and it will be very exciting to hear the two characters encounter each other again after all these years (in universe centuries have passed for both characters since their last meeting-the events of which lead Charley to believe the 8th Doctor had been killed), especially Charley's reaction to the older, more bitter 8th Doctor of late compared to the bouncy romantic he was in the early stories.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:27 am

Hey cool! There's so much quality audio work out there, I feel as though I should get into it.

I agree Petty, rather rude to dump Capaldi off the vids like that!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Hey cool! There's so much quality audio work out there, I feel as though I should get into it.

If you are interested there's a bunch of stories on Spotify available for free streaming:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/4xfct5/doctor_whorelated_big_finish_audio_dramas/

(i think more stories have been added since)

These guides might be useful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/3yuo6y/how_to_big_finish_a_guide_to_navigating_through/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/4kz05k/how_to_big_finish_2_a_guide_to_recommended_stories/

This is a useful website-a guide to the chronological placement of the audios/comics/televsion stories/novels etc in relation to each other:

http://eyespider.org.uk/drwho/compleat.html

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:57 pm

{{{Ooh I, Davros is there- highly recommended for anyone interested in an origins story for Davros, one of my personal favourites- and free! cheers }}}

https://open.spotify.com/album/2XyiC3SWKjL0krc3mFNE6S

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 pm

{{First of a three part interview from the Official Fan Show with Moffat }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Another Big Finish update, the next series of 8th Doctor audios, following on from the cliffhanger ending of Doom Coalition 4 (which was an amazing run of stories overall) will again be a series of 4 4x1 hour boxsets, the first called 'Ravenous' out in April 2018 will apparently feature Ian McNeice reprising the role of Winston Churchill as well as the return of...The Kandy Man last seen in the Sylvester Mcoy story The Happiness Patrol!

I haven't seen The Happiness Patrol myself, but I'm aware of its poor reputation, but BF have worked wonders with maligned characters before, and any 8th Doctor audio is an instant pre-order for me anyway.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

{{ I like the Happiness Patrol! Its a sly and often humorously dark dig at the Thatcher government of the 80's - though no idea how Bassets didn't sue over the Kandy Man!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:59 pm

The face of the average Doctor:

All New Who - Page 37 NrJ4n7A

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 pm

that's freaky
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ I like the Happiness Patrol! Its a sly and often humorously dark dig at the Thatcher government of the 80's - though no idea how Bassets didn't sue over the Kandy Man!}}}

BF's official news story and teaser for this boxset:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/eighth-doctor-ravenous

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:04 pm

{{Interesting thing about the Kandy Man and me- its the reason I never watched the 7th Doctor at the time.
I stopped watching somewhere during the 5th Doctors time- was growing up and discovering girls and alcohol.
I came back for the first story of 6- sadly that was The Twin Dilemma so as I couldn't believe the standard had fallen so low (in everything- writing, production, set design, costuming you name it it looked terrible, especially in comparison to other scifi of the time) and I stopped watching again (think I did catch an episode or two of Trial of A Time Lord- but as it was a series long story I was lacking the context to make it work for me though by luck I did catch the episode with Sil in it and loved him from the off as a character and performance.
I was going to go back for 7, I watched the opener, Time and the Rani, which if anything was even worse than 6's debut in terms of looking like a bad pantomime satire version of the Who I once loved, then saw Kandy Man in a photo in the Radio Times, and just thought 'Jesus what have they done to Doctor Who? They've got the Bertie Basset guy as a monster!?!" Never watched the story of course and didn't watch the rest of 7 until I happened to catch Curse of Fenric, at which point I started watching again and then the buggers cancelled the show just as it had started to find its feet again Mad Had to wait til some bright spark had invented the internet before I finally got to see the episodes I had missed, including Happiness Patrol and the dreaded Kandy Man!}}}

All New Who - Page 37 Images

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Apparently Jodie Whitaker has been spotted in the new outfit filming in Cape Town, South Africa, rumours say that one of the upcoming episodes will be a historical set in the British Empire days exploring the ancestral history of one of the new companions

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 pm

{{Yeah and there is rumoured to be another historical set in India, discovering the ethnic roots of the other companion- all sounds rather forced pc glad as I am the show is getting more global location shooting. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm

{{Part 2 of the Moffat interview covering 11's run and the 50th- some fascinating insights in a very candid interview }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 pm

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 pm

malickfan wrote:Apparently Jodie Whitaker has been spotted in the new outfit filming in Cape Town, South Africa, rumours say that one of the upcoming episodes will be a historical set in the British Empire days exploring the ancestral history of one of the new companions

oh good grief  Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:39 pm

Hmm, rumours say that historical episode might be about Rosa Parks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

Interesting and bold direction for Jokey and Chinballs to go in if true

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 am

{{Not sure about bold- worryingly pc sounding so far! I dont want an agenda I want adventures! (and where this an agenda it should be subtext not front and centre!) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Chinballs? Hm.. yeah I like it! We used to have Mof-FAT and now we have Chinballs. Works for me!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I do enjoy H Bomber Guy's stuff quite a lot, even if I disagree with some of his views. This is a commentary on the end of Moffat, and the Christmas special in brief.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Chinballs?

All New Who - Page 37 5UJ6k76
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 pm

That's one creation I am sure we all agree should be banned and deleted... From movies, memory, everywhere...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum