Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 36 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Twice Upon a Time- xmas review

Spoiler:

"I've got the horrible feeling I'm going to have to kill you. I thought you might appreciate a drink first. I know I would."

"I prefer it down there. Everything is huge. Everything is so important. Every detail, every moment, every life clung to...Those people down there. They're never small to me. Don't make assumptions about how far I will go to protect them, because I've already come a very long way. And unlike you, I don't expect to reach the promised land."

"I'm the Doctor. I've lived for over two thousand years, and not all of them were good. I've made many mistakes, and it's about time that I did something about that."

"Let me tell you about scared. Your heart is beating so hard, I can feel it through your hands. There's so much blood and oxygen pumping through your brain, it's like rocket fuel. Right now, you could run faster and you could fight harder, you could jump higher than ever in your life. And you are so alert, it's like you can slow down time. What's wrong with scared? Scared is a superpower. It's your superpower."

"Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?..This is it, Clara, one of those moments...The darkest day. The blackest hour. Chin up, shoulders back. Let's see what we're made of, you and I."

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones. But you still have to choose."

"I am not a good man! I am not a bad man. I am not a hero. And I'm definitely not a president. And no, I'm not an officer. Do you know what I am? I am an idiot, with a box and a screwdriver. Just passing through, helping out, learning."

"Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise."

"There's no such thing as the Doctor. I'm just a bloke in a box, telling stories. And I didn't come here because I'm ashamed. A bit of shame never hurt anyone. I came because you're sick and you asked. And because sometimes, on a good day, if I try very hard, I'm not some old Time Lord who ran away. I'm the Doctor."

"I'm not sure that any of that matters, friends, enemies. So long as there's mercy. Always mercy."

"I'll lose any war you like. I'm sick of losing people. Look at you, with your eyes, and your never giving up, and your anger, and your kindness. One day, the memory of that will hurt so much that I won't be able to breathe, and I'll do what I always do. I'll get in my box and I'll run and I'll run, in case all the pain ever catches up. And every place I go, it will be there."

" I know where I got this face, and I know what it's for. To remind me. To hold me to the mark. I'm the Doctor, and I save people. And if anyone happens to be listening, and you've got any kind of a problem with that, to hell with you!"

"Immortality isn't living forever. That's not what it feels like. Immortality is everybody else dying. She might meet someone she can't bear to lose. That happens, I believe."

"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive."

"This is a scale model of war. Every war ever fought right there in front of you. Because it's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning -- sit down and talk!"

"This is not a war. I fought in a bigger war than you will ever know. I did worse things than you could ever imagine, and when I close my eyes... I hear more screams than anyone could ever be able to count! And do you know what you do with all that pain? Shall I tell you where you put it? You hold it tight... Til it burns your hand. And you say this -- no one else will ever have to live like this. No one else will ever have to feel this pain. Not on my watch."

"I can do whatever the hell I like. You've read the stories. You know who I am. And in all of that time, did you ever hear anything about anyone who stopped me?"

"The Doctor is no longer here! You are stuck with me. And I will end you, and everything you love."

"What's the point of being a Doctor if I can't cure you?"

"I'll do my best, but I strongly advise you to keep out of my way. You'll find that it's a very small universe when I'm angry with you."

" If you think because she's dead, I am weak, then you understand very little. If you were any part of killing her and you're not afraid, then you understand nothing at all. So, for your own sake, understand this. I'm the Doctor. I'm coming to find you, and I will never, ever stop."

" You've got the rest of your life. The faster you think, the slower it will pass. Concentrate. Assume you're going to survive. Always assume that. Imagine you've already survived. There's a storm room in your mind. Lock the door and think. This is my storm room. I always imagine that I'm back in my Tardis, showing off, telling you how I escaped, making you laugh. That's what I'm doing right now. I am falling, Clara. I'm dying. And I am going to explain to you how I survived. I can't wait to hear what I say. I'm nothing without an audience."

" It's funny, the day you lose someone isn't the worst. At least you've got something to do. It's all the days they stay dead."

"Or maybe I'm in Hell? That's okay. I'm not scared of Hell. It's just Heaven for bad people."

"Clara! I can't! Why is it always me? Why is it never anybody else's turn?"

"How long can I keep doing this, Clara? Burning the old me, to make a new one?"

"Stories are where memories go when they are forgotten."

"Get off my planet."

"I had a duty of care"

"After all this time, after everything I've done, don't you think the universe owes me this?"

"The universe is over! It doesn't have a say any more! We're standing on the last ember, the last fragment of everything that ever was. As of this moment, I'm answerable to no-one!"

"Run like hell, because you always need to. Laugh at everything, because it's always funny. Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends. Never eat pears. They're too squishy and they always make your chin wet. That one's quite important. Write it down."

"Imagine if time all happened at once. Every moment of your life laid out around you like a city. Streets full of buildings made of days. The day you were born, the day you die. The day you fall in love, the day that love ends. A whole city built from triumph and heartbreak and boredom and laughter and cutting your toenails. It's the best place you will ever be."

"Time is the space made by our lives where we stand together, forever."

"Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because, because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun and God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do, because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind. It's just that. Just kind.. Why not, just at the end, just be kind?"

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Haven't watched it yet, but I saw the regen on youtube, will miss Capaldi more than I can say Crying or Very sad but I already have a good feeling about Jodie, fantastic actress and I'm glad she's keeping the Yorksire accent Nod study

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:32 pm

{{{ I thought she was good in her brief appearance- she certainly is something to look forward to going ahead- I'm more worried about the writing at this point and the tone they go for than her performance.
Just getting a little tired of
Spoiler:
}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 pm

Hm.. It's become a trend now, officially. I suppose it's the exciting way to do it?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Derivative of what exactly Figg?  scratch
Spoiler:
}}}

well Moffat DID write the last minute of this episode, so if it is sexist, its down to him, Chibnall didn't write it. Laughing

liking her Northern accent, maybe there will be some Eccleston references.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am

{{No everything from the regen on is Chibnal, same as everything from when 11 appeared in place of 10 was written by Moffat- thats the tradition. Everything Jodie was Chibnal- those last few minutes are our first examples of Chibnal written Who }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:32 am

I saw it, I enjoyed it, felt sad to see Capaldi go, marvelled at David Bradley being so "William Hartnell", & felt intrigued at how I'm gonna take to a Woman Dr Who ? My pink has been tickled. I don't think Ive ever thought of a woman as the Doctor before, ever. Dr Who was a MAN & that's it. Found this today........

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-12-26/doctor-who-christmas-special-easter-eggs/

All New Who - Page 36 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 36 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{No  everything from the regen on is Chibnal, same as everything from when 11 appeared in place of 10 was written by Moffat- thats the tradition. Everything Jodie was Chibnal- those last few minutes are our first examples of Chibnal written Who }}

Chibnall wrote the words "oh brilliant" that's it. if you want to extrapolate from those two words that the Chibnall era is going to be as sexist as the Moffat era by making the female a 'bad driver', that says more about you than it does Chibnall. Laughing

anyway this is probably the last chance to have a moffat moan before 2018. Shrugging Trollface
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:28 pm

{{{ No, Chibnal wrote the scene from the moment she appears- blowing up the TARDIS again, chucking her out thats all Chibnal- thats his set up for how he wants to open his run, nothing to do with Moffat. His time was over the moment 12 regened you'll be glad to know. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:32 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:54 am

{{Apparently, for those who use the twittery thingybob-}}}

'Doctor Who has topped the worldwide trends on Twitter on xmas day, reaching the number one spot within minutes after Peter Capaldi's finale aired on BBC Television.
At 7:00pm, the hashtag #DoctorWho proved most popular topic, with "Jodie" and "Capaldi" in third and fourth places respectively - only the topic "Happy Christmas" split the subjects in second place.'

{{Cant be bad when on xmas day Doctor Who is more popular globally than saying Happy Xmas!

Came 6th overall for viewing figures in the day (4th minus the Queens speech which is on every channel at once which is cheating, and the soaps (Who beat Coronation Street- for Whovians of a certain age that is a sweet feeling! It got 5.6 million (almost same as last year) so will prob time shift to between 8-9 million same as last year, roughly) which will probably push it into either 1st or 2nd place once all the figures are in (again same as last year) and it got a healthy AI of 83.
It also topped the Radio Times poll of over 1000 viewers who rated it the best program on TV on Xmas Day- reports of the demise of Who is not just exaggerated its laughable!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: {{{ No, Chibnal wrote the scene from the moment she appears- blowing up the TARDIS again, chucking her out thats all Chibnal- thats his set up for how he wants to open his run, nothing to do with Moffat. His time was over the moment 12 regened you'll be glad to know. }}

you seem to have conveniently forgotten that the first thing Smith did was crash the TARDIS, does Moffat think he was a bad driver too? or is it only females who drive badly? Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:36 pm

{{ Not in the slightest. If you note my comment my serious concern was for the writing and that it did indeed seem like a bit of a rehash of the 10/11 regen scene. I said in my review as well that I was disappointed they didn't give her a more original introduction. (Though the Doctor often is a bad driver- she is afterall single-handedly flying a ship designed for six pilots- and as 11 tells us he doesn't have the manual anymore as he threw it into a black hole because he disagreed with it Very Happy ).}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:55 pm

{{That excellent intro-}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:09 pm

I really wish that the female thing is not going to be a 'thing' I hope its not mentioned much otherwise its going to be a drag. I hope its going to be refreshing and not hammered every 5 minutes with 'jokes'. Mind you its Chibnall so maybe its going to be ok.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:27 pm

{{I was reading a nice piece recently about Doctor Who and identity- and it pointed out something I thought was very true of the Doctor in every incarnation- it seems to be a sort of mental coping mechanism for having your entire body and personality altered. Every incarnation, within their own regeneration considers themselves the definitve and best version. This explains a lot about how they interact when different versions meet, as well as just explaining a lot about regen- a good example they gave was the 3rd Doctors reaction- initially its still the remnants of the 2nd Doctor looking at the new face and not liking what it sees but quickly the new personality asserts itself, and by the end of the sentence he is praising his own looks and and countenance.
So I was quite happy 13's first reaction to seeing she was female was to grin and say brilliant- if they treat her regen same as everyone elses- she simply assumes she is the best version there could be of the Doctor- she will be doing what all the male Doctors before her have done and will be fine. If they make her sense of being brilliant all about the fact she is a woman not a man that wont be so good, at all. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 am

{{Some more of my favourite quotes from the 12h Doctor, these are all from 12's debut series, series 8 (though Ive left out any I already put in the above review post to save on reptition) }}

"So you've got a whole room for not being awake in. But what's the point? You're just missing the room. And don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious."

"Well, generally whenever anyone else starts talking. I like to skip ahead to my bits. It saves time."

"You know, I never know where the faces come from. They just pop up. Zap. Faces like this one. Look, it's covered in lines. But I didn't do the frowning. Who frowned me this face?"

"What do you all have for brains, pudding? Look at you. Why can't I meet a decent species? Planet of the pudding brains."

"It's good I'm Scottish. I'm Scottish. I am Scottish. I can complain about things, I can really complain about things."

"There is something extremely wrong with everybody else in this room."

"I can use it to blow this whole room if I see one thing that I don't like. And that includes karaoke and mime, so take no chances."

"I hate being wrong in public. Everybody forget that happened."

"I don't think that I'm a hugging person now."

"It miniaturises living matter. What's the medical application, though? Do you use it to shrink the surgeons so they can climb inside the patients? Fantastic idea for a movie. Terrible idea for a proctologist."

"I think he's probably her uncle, but I may have made that up to pass the time while they were talking. This is Clara, not my assistant. She's, er, some other word...my carer. She cares so I don't have to."

"He was dead already. I was saving us."

"An anti-climax once in a while is good for my hearts."

"You looked inside me and you saw hatred. That's not victory."

"It's assembly. You'd better get going. Go and worship something."

"Never lose your temper in the middle of a door sign."

"Human beings have incredibly short life spans. Frankly, you should all be in a permanent state of panic."

"How can you think that I'm her dad when we both look exactly the same age?"

"It's a mistake. You've made a boyfriend error."

"No. No, no, no. We can't do that. We can't mourn. People with guns to their heads, they cannot mourn. We do not have time to mourn."

"Could you not just let me enjoy this moment of not knowing something? I mean, it happens so rarely."

"I tried to talk. I want you to remember that. I tried to reach out, I tried to understand you, but I think that you understand us perfectly. And I think you just don't care. And I don't know whether you are here to invade, infiltrate or just replace us. I don't suppose it really matters now. You are monsters. That is the role you seem determined to play. So it seems I must play mine. The man that stops the monsters. I'm sending you back to your own dimension. Who knows? Some of you may even survive the trip. And, if you do, remember this. You are not welcome here. This plane is protected. I am the Doctor."

"You were an exceptional Doctor, Clara. Goodness had nothing to do with it."

"Yes, well, there are some things I've never seen, but that's usually because I've chosen not to see them. Even my incredibly long life is too short for Les Miserables."

"This is my world, too. I walk your earth, I breathe your air."

"I hope I'm right. It would be slightly awkward if the world was destroyed at this point."

"You forgot the last time. You remembered the fear and you put it into fairy stories. It's a human superpower, forgetting. If you remembered how things felt, you'd have stopped having wars. And stopped having babies."

"Well, either you do as you're told or stop threatening me. There really isn't a third option here."

"Almost every culture in the universe has some concept of an afterlife. I always meant to have a look around, see if I could find one."

"Clara, I'm terribly sorry, but I'm exactly what you deserve."

"Can you just hurry up, please, or I'll hit you with my shoe."

"We don't want Americans bobbing around the place. They'll only start praying."

"That's your answer for everything, isn't it? Vote for an idiot."

"Pain is a gift. Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict."

"All I'm doing is not letting you kill her. I never said I was letting her live."

"Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:42 am

He did have a lot of clever one-liners. Some are pretty dork-fest though.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:36 am

{{Nothing wrong with a bit of dorkiness in Who, or silliness- no point in being a grown up if you cant act childishly sometimes- as 4 said.

But yeah these are one liners, in that I have limited myself to selecting single lines or speeches by the Doctor- but looking back through episodes to get them I have realised many of my favourite 12 moments and dialogue are actually not like that but are in conversation with other characters or the situations.
Given I personally think the standard of writing here for 12 is very high its even more remarkable that its from a pool of about probably less than a 1/3 of what is available if I dont limit it to just one line quotes and speeches. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:49 am

I think my favourite Capaldi moment was the scene where he threatened Ashildr, he does menacing so well.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

{{Good choice Malick}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 pm

{{ The beautiful Christmas Truce scene }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 am

{{Favourite series 9 Doctor quotes-}}}

"Look after the universe for me. I've put a lot of work into it."

"I try never to understand. It's called an open mind."

"I spent all day yesterday in a bow tie, the day before in a long scarf. It's my party, and all of me is invited."

"You want to know how dangerous I am? Davros sent you. You know how stupid you are? Huh! You came!"

"Davros is the child of war, a war that wouldn't end. A thousand years of fighting, till nobody could remember why. So Davros, he created a new kind of warrior, one that wouldn't bother with that question. A mutant in a tank that would never, ever stop. And they never did. How scared must you be to seal every one of your own kind inside a tank?"

"Of course, the real question is, where did I get the cup of tea? Answer? I'm the Doctor. Just accept it."

"Because if Clara Oswald is really dead, then you'd better be very, very careful how you tell me."

"I haven't a clue. Isn't that exciting?"

"It's okay. I understand. You're an idiot."

"So, we are fighting an unknown homicidal force that has taken the form of your commanding officer and a cowardly alien, underwater, in a nuclear reactor. Anything else I should know? Someone got a peanut allergy, or something?"

"But don't you see what this means? Death! It was the one thing that unified every single living creature in the universe, and now it's gone. How can you just sit there? Don't you want to go out there right now, wrestle them to the ground and ask them questions until your throat falls out? What's death like? Does it hurt? Do you still get hungry? Do you miss being alive? Why can you only handle metal objects? Oh, I didn't know I'd noticed that. Okay, so they'll try to kill you, blah, blah, blah. What does that matter? You come back. A bit murder-y, sure, but even so! Calm, Doctor, calm. You were like this when you met Shirley Bassey."

"I like adventures as much as the next man. If the next man is a man who likes adventures."

"Come on, you lot, you're bananas about relationships. You're always writing songs about them, or going to war, or getting tattooed "

"Two weeks of Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre. I was begging for the brush of Death's merciful hand."

"So there's this man. He has a time machine. Up and down history he goes, zip zip zip zip zip, getting into scrapes. Another thing he has is a passion for the works of Ludwig van Beethoven. And one day he thinks, what's the point of having a time machine if you don't get to meet your heroes? So off he goes to eighteenth century Germany. But he can't find Beethoven anywhere. No one's heard of him, not even his family have any idea who the time traveller is talking about. Beethoven literally doesn't exist. This didn't happen, by the way. I've met Beethoven. Nice chap. Very intense. Loved an arm-wrestle. No, this is called the Bootstrap Paradox. Google it. The time traveller panics. He can't bear the thought of a world without the music of Beethoven. Luckily he'd brought all of his Beethoven sheet music for Ludwig to sign. So he copies out all the concertos, and the symphonies and he gets them published. He becomes Beethoven. And history continues with barely a feather ruffled. But my question is this. Who put those notes and phrases together? Who really composed Beethoven's Fifth?"

"I can't change what's already happened. There are rules."

"You robbed those people of their deaths, made them nothing more than a message in a bottle. You violated something more important than Time. You bent the rules of life and death. So I am putting things straight. Here, now, this is where your story ends."

"That's the thing about knowing you're going to die. You've got nothing left to lose."

"I'm not actually the police, that's just what it says on the box."

"No, no, not Vikings. I'm not in the mood for Vikings."

"People talk about premonition as if it's something strange. It's not. It's just remembering in the wrong direction."

"Do babies die with honour?"

"I applaud your courage, but I deplore your stupidity. And I will mourn your deaths, which will be terrifying, painful, and without honour."

"I told you to run. That's all the help you need. And that's all the help you're getting."

"I've got too much to think about without everybody having their own names."

"What happened? The Big Bang, dinosaurs, bipeds, and a mounting sense of futility."

"You're the blacksmith and you've got a baby too? He's been at it hammer and tongs."

"Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great."

"Sorry, were you talking to me there? Try again. I promise I'll listen this time.....Sorry. Sorry, I really was planning to listen that time but, basically, I didn't."

"It's awful, isn't it? It's infuriating. You think you don't care, then you fall off the wagon."

"People like us, we go on too long. We forget what matters. The last thing we need is each other. We need the mayflies. See, the mayflies, they know more than we do. They know how beautiful and precious life is because it's fleeting."

"I like poncing about in a big plane."

"I've got question mark underpants."

"Well, you can't have the United Kingdom. There's already people living there. They'll think you're going to pinch their benefits."

"What's wrong with pointless? I once invented an invisible watch. Spot the design flaw."

"You know I'm over two thousand years old? I'm old enough to be your Messiah."

"I spend an awful lot of time being kidnapped, tortured, shot at and exterminated. Doesn't mean I like it."

"I made it up from the initials. It stands for Totally And Radically Driving In Space."

"I'll be the judge of time."

"Shakespeare. He really knew his stuff. They all did. The Ancients. The poets. All those sad songs. All those lullabies. Sleep is essential to every sentient being in the universe. But to humans. Greedy, filthy, stupid humans. It's an inconvenience to be bartered away. Well, now we know the truth. Sleep isn't just a function. It's blessed. Every night we dive deep into that inky pool, deep into the arms of Morpheus. Every morning, we wake up and wipe the sleep from our eyes, and that keeps us safe. Safe from the monsters inside."

"No, you don't get to name things. I'm the Doctor. I do the naming. It's like the Silurians all over again."

"If you want your extremities to stay attached, stand absolutely still. If not, we can provide a small bag, you can take them home at the end."

"As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow. Never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run. It will walk. You will rest. It will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long. You will sit too still or sleep too deep, and when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over."

"Are you gardeners? I hate gardening! What sort of a person has a power complex about flowers? It's dictatorship for inadequates. Or to put it another way, it's dictatorship."

"I can't actually see a way out of this I've finally run out of corridor. There's a life summed up."

"I told you I was scared of dying. And I wasn't lying either. Advantage, me!"

"The first rule of being interrogated is that you are the only irreplaceable person in the torture chamber. The room is yours, so work it. If they're going to threaten you with death, show them who's boss. Die faster."

"There are two events in everybody's life that nobody remembers. Two moments experienced by every living thing, yet no one remembers anything about them. Nobody remembers being born and nobody remembers dying. Is that why we always stare into the eye sockets of a skull? Because we're asking, what was it like? Does it hurt? Are you still scared?"

"Nothing's sad till it's over. Then everything is."

"No, you'd cramp my style. Look at your hats."

"The Time Lords have got a big computer made of ghosts, in a crypt, guarded by more ghosts."

"I was a completely different person in those days. Eccentric, a bit mad, rude to people."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 pm

I think I prefer this version Laughing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum