halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 13 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 pm

I suppose you don't have a mac, imovie comes free.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Nope. If my computer were a car it would look like this:

All New Who - Page 13 220px-Rod_n_Kustom_1apr2006_040

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 am

{{{PM me your email David, I will give you full privileges on my online drive- that will let you upload them to it, then I can get them, put them together for you and upload them back there for you. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 am

If Petty falls through for some reason I can serve as backup: either by you first uploading them to youtube or by me giving you some ftp location. I'd have to remind myself how to use imovie, but that won't take so long.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

My thoughts on 'Thin Ice':

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:45 am

{{ Similar thoughts myself Malick.
Spoiler:

edit extra- watched Dollard being interviewed on the Who youtube channel, found it interesting she mentioned that she pitched this idea at Moffat- gives an interesting insight into the process of who comes up with ideas, her first episode Face the Raven Moffat deliberately tailored to appeal to her, as he really wanted her onboard as a writer, and that idea drew her in- to write Clara's ending episode. It seems Moffat is quite flexible with regard to pitching his writers ideas and to them pitching him ideas- Flatline was another episode where the writer, Maithesson, pitched it to Moffat. Many people assume that Moffat comes up with the episode ideas then pitches them out to the writers to write up as episodes, but seems the flow of ideas is fortunately much more two way- I wonder if, with a writers room Chibnal will retain this. }}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:05 am

{{ Here you go Figg- save you asking Very Happy - }}

http://watchseries.cr/series/doctor-who/season/10/episode/3

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm

{{ Mmmm I noticed, and therefore am now tempted to splice together, the first three episodes of this series are one story. Three adventures, but one story.
If you were to take The Pilot, cut off the end credits and cutout the credits of the next episode, do the same for the third you'd have one continuous tale with no breaks in time, as each episode begins precisely where the last left off. It even has the capping tool of Nardole making the tea, with the Doctor telling Bill in the first episode they can be back before the kettle boils, and in the third they are indeed back in time for the tea.
If you did splice them together minus the credits inbetween you'd have a roughly 2hr 10 mins Who film focused on introducing the character of the Doctor through the eyes of Bill.
Like the first teaser trailer for this series the first three episodes follow the tag line- first he is amazing, then he is heroic, then you learn he is also very dangerous. Those are basically what Bill experiences, in that order, in the first three episodes.
I am rather curious now to watch them in this fashion as one continuous piece, it might actually resolve some of the pacing issues I have felt there has been in the last two episodes. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 am

Thin ice:

Petty, maybe it's meant to be binge watch friendly for netflix and such? With no annoying trailers and automatic skipping of intro music/theme.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 02, 2017 2:22 pm

{{It used to happen in classic a lot, particularly very early classic where it was normal for any given episode to end with the first few minutes of the next one, in fact I am struggling to think where in the first series, if anywhere, there is a gap in time between episodes.
But what I found interesting here is that we get three individual stories, but one three block tale introducing Bill to the three aspects highlighted in the teaser trailer. Makes me wonder if the remainder of the series will be individual stories, or if like the first three they will be in story blocks grouping episodes together. It would be typical of Moffat to still be finding new ways to play with the formula. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-05-02/yet-another-secret-doctor-who-series-10-appearance-has-been-confirmed

Any guesses? The Rani? 13th Doctor? Older Susan? or just a unspecified guest role?

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm

{{ I saw that too Malick- odd they kept her underwraps till now- that would be understandable i it was the original Carol Anne Ford or someone similar- but even if she is playing Susan as its not the same actress no-one would have thought anything other than 'guest star' if they had announced it at the start with everyone else like Suchet. So odd really.
I hope its not Susan- not that I dont want to see the character again- just that if it is dont see why they couldn't get Carol in to do it, far as I know she is alive and well. But maybe there are reasons we dont know about why she cant do it.

Still thats another Olivier award winning actor to add to the list of Grade A British acting talent this series has garnered to itself. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 04, 2017 1:46 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 pm

{{Got high hopes for this weeks debut Who writer }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 05, 2017 7:07 pm

erm I watched ep 2, Smile, it was ok, it had a strange inert quality to it like wading through mud. found it a bit boring to be honest. Bill was great though.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 07, 2017 12:31 pm

{{{{ Thoughts on 'Knock, Knock'

Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed May 10, 2017 12:39 pm

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/torchwood/49320/torchwood-is-getting-a-fifth-series-in-audio-form

IIRC Barrowman said he had a couple of meetings with the BBC last year inquiring about the possibility of Torchwood returning to TV...evidently those talks were unsuccessful (and both RTD and Chris Chibnall are now busy on other projects) I think its fare to assume it's completely dead on TV now. RTD seems happy enough to let BF explore/expand the series in their own way (interesting he's contributing ideas and stories to the audios now, if not actually writing script...I wonder if BF could entice him back to write a full script, maybe for one of the Classic Doctors?) and although I'm not very interested in Torchwood myself, I've heard very good things about the other BF Torchwood stories.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 10, 2017 7:40 pm

{{You really cant top real life!

'An angry dwarf has been jailed after impersonating a Dalek which led to him being Tasered twice by the police.
Ian Salter-Bromley, 55, stuck a sucker dart on his forehead and filled his mouth with dominoes before shouting: "Exterminate! Exterminate!" at two carers in his sheltered housing complex in Hull.
Crown barrister Dale Brook said on July 5 last year Salter-Bromley threatened members of staff at Thornton Court in the activity room saying "Exterminate! Exterminate! I am going to kill you Joe" after pretending to be a Dalek.
Hull Crown Court heard when police arrived, Salter-Bromley barricaded himself in his flat. Officers forced their way in and found him holding a 20cm knife.
"One officer described him angry with veins sticking out of his neck. They eventually Tasered him with two stuns guns. because they 'feared for his welfare,'" the court heard.- Telegraph

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 14, 2017 8:52 pm

{{ Thoughts on Oxygen- well Maithison returns to Who and I think this is my favourite episode so far in series ten.

Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 pm

{{Mathieson, Capaldi and Moffat discuss
Spoiler:
and how that came about- interesting little glimpse again into the writing process for episodes and who does what }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 17, 2017 12:32 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 17, 2017 3:08 pm

{{Pilot the TARDIS through the Time Vortex in a free new game app from the BBC- you can play it in your browser or for you phone}}

https://doctor-who-time-vortex-360.pilots.bbcconnectedstudio.co.uk/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Thoughts on Oxygen- well Maithison returns to Who and I think this is my favourite episode so far in series ten.

Spoiler:
}}}

I thought it was very well made, but it just left me a bit cold not bad per se, just not something I really invested in, loved Mathiesen's previous eps so maybe I will have to rewatch it Shrugging

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum