halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 12 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Petty will that link you gave me for the 1st episode work for the second one? it worked very well. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm

{{Yup- here you go - http://watchseries.cr/series/doctor-who/season/10/episode/2

I think you might like this one more than I did. Not that I disliked it, just thought it never rose above ok entertaining episode of Who (which obviously means it still had about twenty better ideas in it and more imagination than an entire series of a normal tv show) }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 am

I have a feeling RTD fans like this more than Moffat purists. for us its like re-living the glory days of Tennant, but for you lot you miss the timeywimey buggeryfuqery of the Moffat era. Lipmannette loves it too, and she is an RTD girl like me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 am

{{Might be something in that Figg-
Spoiler:
}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Rose having 'bitterness, jealousy or neediness' is your interpretation only. Nobody else thinks she is bitter because she never demonstrated bitterness, like ever, she demonstrated light heartedness, joy, bravery and humour, all the time. She is one of the least needy companions in Who history, when you confront her to the clingy cougar River with her dodgy cringeworthy sex banter forever running after the doctor with her tongue out. Rose had far more dignity.

..and there goes the neighbourhood. Twisted Evil
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Ah, hell! Here I've been trying to not mention such obvious explosive material, and you go and do THAT! Mad Mad

{{{Fuck yeah! cheers I'm FREAKING OUT over this agreeing shit. Shocked It's not natural, it's a trap, I may be paranoid, but that Moffat is Moffat after all!! BATTLE STATIONS!!!}}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 pm

{[{[{Pst, Petty, I did twice start a reply to your fairy tale summary of the Amy area, but both times the reply was lost and eaten by internet gnomes or something. I wonder if my browser is starting to realize that "Amy" is a trigger word and shouldn't be used, I have been thinking that I should be getting a pop up or something when venturing onto that path, and Google is obviously Skynet, as we all know. I was just trying to say that it was a good read and nice analysis by you and a good underlying idea/plot from Moff (even if, as you know, the end result is not my cup of tea). Really, that's all! ... Hold on. Perhaps that's what didn't compute. }]}]}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:41 pm

nobody else thinks she is bitter because she never demonstrated bitterness- Figg

{{She is bitter about being left in a parallel universe- she shows that clearly in the episode when she comes back, and she also in that same episode displays her chip on her shoulder and her jealousy of anyone else getting near the Doctor, with her "I was here first" about Martha, or the very fact that a good companion would have crossed dimensions and done all they could for, you know, the good of it, to save everyone- for Rose its all just a means to get back to her Doctor, she says so "But I crossed dimension for him."
She displays a nasty edge when dealing with Mickey, she is unnecessarily cruel to him, she shows no remorse for any length of time that he was hounded in his community and investigated by police for her abduction, she takes on another boyfriend behind Mickeys back then unceremoniously dumps that one when he can't immediately adapt to the time travel. She doesn't seem to care that her mother worries without word from her for long periods of time.

She is needy about the Doctor- in the end she  can only be complete and happy when she gets her own Doctor- how needy is that! And look how quickly she takes him on and abandons the real one too! It doesn't even natter its not the same person she knew, she has her need fulfilled.

So far we haven't seen any sign in Bill of such issues with her personality, she hasn't been cruel to anyone for no adequate reason, she hasn't displayed jealousy towards anyone else getting close to the Doctor, she shows no signs of any attraction to the Doctor (thank goodness) or if in fact needing him, so much as just wanting to be in his company. Long may that last hopefully.
She fulfills the same character type as Rose- everyday person pulled into the Doctors world whose potential is fulfilled by her travels him. But so far without the Rose 'baggage'. Making her for me much more enjoyable and engaging to watch and far less dislikable.

Amarie- thanks- I appreciate you taking the time to read that. I think what Moffat set out to do was hugely ambitious, which led to some problems further down the line when actors decided to leave ect or production changed- but still a great idea to attempt and for me it succeeded more often than it failed across those three series (5-7).
What I will find interesting when the dust settles is retrospectively looking across series 8-10, as on the surface they seem far more individual thematic than what preceded. }}}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

{{She is bitter about being left in a parallel universe- }}

Well to be fair, I'd be a little miffed as well. It's not the sort of thing that happens to you every day and you just shrug off. Suspect

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

{{Didn't say she didn't have a reason to be bitter about it, just that she was  Nod although now I think about she didn't actually have a good reason at all- she was better off there- she had a super cool version of Mickey there, her mum, and her previously dead Dad back, plus rather than being poor and living on a council estate they were rich and had a mansion- the one thing she didn't have and gave up all the above to try to get back was the Doctor- see needy Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm

{{very nicely done this Sad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:nobody else thinks she is bitter because she never demonstrated bitterness- Figg

{{She is bitter about being left in a parallel universe- she shows that clearly in the episode when she comes back, and she also in that same episode displays her chip on her shoulder and her jealousy of anyone else getting near the Doctor, with her "I was here first" about Martha, or the very fact that a good companion would have crossed dimensions and done all they could for, you know, the good of it, to save everyone- for Rose its all just a means to get back to her Doctor, she says so "But I crossed dimension for him."

do you mean bitter like Amy being left to become an older version of herself for 30 years, alone, with just bitter memories of being left? then when the Doctor finally returns being not only incredibly bitter but left once again alone until she dies alone because she was no longer young therefore worthless. yeah that's bitterness for you. and as for your saying Rose was bitter, you still have not proved it, because it doesn't exist.

She displays a nasty edge when dealing with Mickey, she is unnecessarily cruel to him, she shows no remorse for any length of time that he was hounded in his community and investigated by police for her abduction, she takes on another boyfriend behind Mickeys back then unceremoniously dumps that one when he can't immediately adapt to the time travel. She doesn't seem to care that her mother worries without word from her for long periods of time.

no she is not nasty to Mickey, she tolerates him but she knows he is a loser, but she is never cruel, just a young person doing young person things quite normal behaviour

She is needy about the Doctor- in the end she  can only be complete and happy when she gets her own Doctor- how needy is that! And look how quickly she takes him on and abandons the real one too! It doesn't even natter its not the same person she knew, she has her need fulfilled.

Rose is the equal of the Doctor so she has no need to be needy, she loves him, that's not being needy, that's love.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: that's not being needy, that's love.

Oh, if only the lines were that clear in real life....I love you pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 pm

do you mean bitter like Amy being left to become an older version of herself for 30 years, alone, with just bitter memories of being left? then when the Doctor finally returns being not only incredibly bitter but left once again alone until she dies alone because she was no longer young therefore worthless.- Figg

{{First, and very importantly, that's sort of the plot of a single episode, not a character arc, whereas Rose's issues and unpleasantness are an ongoing personality issue.
Secondly she is left but not deliberately, it is caused by an accident, one Amy herself initiates. So no one does anything to her or leaves her. She goes into a room with a faster time stream.
Nor is she left alone- as soon as the Doctor and Rory realise what has happened they immediately begin rescue plans.
Nor is she left for being either old or worthless. In fact both Amy's having equal worth is what gives the final scene its drama and power. She has to be left behind because the TARDIS cannot contain the paradox of two Amy's onboard at once and in being left behind and rescuing Amy as she was when she entered the older Amy's time line no longer exists. Given the choice is save an Amy who has experienced a mild inconvenience, or save an Amy who has undergone years of isolation and trauma the choice seems rather clear and has nothing to do with age but with the experiences. Saving younger Amy means what older version had to suffer never now occurs. But importantly, as Rory points out, it does not take away the value of that life, or of those experiences. Plus it would not work as a mirror version of why they cannot rescue their baby without killing the River they know any other way- and that is the overall point of the episode.

'she is not nasty to Mickey.....she is never cruel'

Then what do you call telling him thanks for nothing- in an episode which opens with him showing clear devotion to her and with her laughing and hugging with him and seeming happy? Or leaving him to take the heat for her abduction, or when she returns the third time after leaving him and then throws a hissy fit when she finds out he is seeing someone else, despite her having picked up one boyfriend behind his back and not told him and informed Captain Jack via psychic paper in the following exchange-
JACK: Oh, you sort of have a boyfriend called Mickey Smith but you consider yourself to be footloose and fancy free.
ROSE: What?
JACK: Actually, the word you use is available.
ROSE: No way.
JACK: And another one, very.  
So for having a go at Mickey for eventually finding someone else after her treatment of him whilst she was acting this way we can add hypocritical to the list of her personality flaws. And then she picks on the new girlfriends weight to attack her? So lets throw some body shaming and bullying tendencies to the mix. That seems pretty cruel to me.

'she tolerates him but she knows he is a loser'

And there is why when it comes to Mickey you are as bad as Rose is. Written off as a loser, poor sad male Mickey crying in the corner. Nothing to the shining light of potential Rose is.

Only thats not what the show gives us. When given the opportunity later Mickey, off his own back and without the Doctor, rises to the challenge and ends up leading a group of freedom fighters, he goes on to marry to Martha eventually, probably the most intelligent and self reliant and capable companion of the RTD era, and together they work for UNIT.

Mickey has at least, if not more potential untapped than Rose does. Yet she, and you dismiss him as a loser and treat him as such.

Interesting to note that Mickey only becomes his own person and rises to fulfill his potential once freed of the influence of Rose in his daily life.

'she loves him, that's not being needy, that's love.'

If she loves him so much how come she can dump the original like he never existed and accept a half-human version within minutes of meeting him? Its just a case of Rose wants and isn't happy till she gets what she wants because she is so self centered.
She has her life, her family restored to her including a father she had lost, she has Mickey and she has a good life. Yet still she needs her man to be complete and happy.
If Moffat had wrote that you'd be screaming misogynist. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 am

and my job here is done. Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:12 am

{{OK I do admit towards the end of writing that I was thinking "Ahhh! Just like the good old days Smile "
Though it is something to note that this discussion exists because neither of us has anything really to grumble about right now- and that is still weird! Shocked }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 am

yeah I know. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:12 am

This is why we can't have anything nice. We say: "Oh how lovely!", then squint our eyes and go; "Why? What did you do?"

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:33 pm

{{Story time! Are you sitting comfortably? Then we will begin....}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Heehee, that's cute. Smile

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Hey Petty, I've got a technical question for you {{and I can't be bothered finding the right thread only to have you miss it, so WHO will work Twisted Evil }}

I've got to give a presentation on the coastal erosion that will be convincing enough that a room full of bureaucrats will decide to give us permits and money, and a Powerpoint presentation full of graphs and pie charts ain't going to do it. I need a video that will scare them!

I've got 5 short clips I took during a storm recently (about 30sec each) that I need to join into one file. VLC lets me trim them, but merging them seems to require more messing about with command line coding than I'm comfortable with Mad

Is there a simple free video editor that you can recommend? The videos were all shot with the same camera and settings over two days, so hopefully there's not much that needs doing to fit them together....

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 pm

{{There was windows movie maker- but I think its been discontinued. I dont use the free ones as they nearly always come with snags- unwanted crap they install behind your back, or watermarks on the output unless you cough up the cash.

Could you upload them to youtube (you can set them to private) then give me access to them, I can download them from youtube, stitch them together for you and send you the final file back in an email. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Wow! Thanks! Youtube has become a lot harder for me since Google started tinkering with it, but I'll give it a try next time I'm near wifi and let you know if it works.
Cheers! pub

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum