halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 7 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by malickfan Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Another excellent scene, anytime the Doctor gets to chat with arch-enemy Davros is a good scene, but Julian Bleach is superb under all that make-up and at making you feel sympathy for the conniving old bastard! }}}

I really liked that two parter, but Davros opening his eyes for the first time was a little...strange, I'd got the impression they had been burned out or something, seems odd he hadn't opened them before in the previous 40 years since Genesis Of The Daleks

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:30 am

{{ I think it was more a necessity of the scene. Its never been established one way or the other because we have never found out what happened to him to cause the injuries (BF excepted) so there was 'wriggle room' on it. But more than that I dont think the audience would have fallen for it if that hadn't been part of it- its partly the shock of finding out he can still see with his own eyes, and partly what he is saying that even brought a cynical old Whovian like me who knows Davros is the most devious bugger in the cosmos to the point of wondering if he really meant it and he really was dying this time and looking for some sort of absolution.
And in fairness though its been 40 years since Genesis Davros is, fortunately, sparingly used in general in Who, and we have actually seen him on screen very little in all that time (in NuWho he has had only two appearances I think- Stolen Earth and this). }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:24 pm

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:27 pm

{{New teaser for series 10!!! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:19 am

Actor David Harewood has said the next Doctor Who should not be another white man - and has thrown his own hat into the ring.
The Homeland and Supergirl star is among the actors whose names have been suggested to replace Peter Capaldi.
"It's nice to be in the running," he told BBC News, "It needs to do something different, so I think it's either going to be a black person or a woman. It would just bring a different flavour to it."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:38 am

Why do you suppose he says that the BBC needs to do something different in terms of the gender or ethnicity of the Doctor? There are many things one can change about the tone, pacing, format, and writing for the show that are all independent of the Doctor's race or sex.

David Harewood, another Doctor hopeful who has appeared in the show! He was in Petty's favourite episode about the Master.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Why do you suppose he says that the BBC needs to do something different in terms of the gender or ethnicity of the Doctor? - Forest

{{Indeed. I am somewhat concerned with a growing vocal group who seem to taking the view that because its not impossible for the Doctor to change gender of colour if he doesn't its some sort of deliberate snub of people of colour or another gender.
I've said it before I dont mind such a change if there is a good narrative imperative for it and if those who are doing it are very enthusiastic for it.
If Chibnal comes in with no real interest in writing a female Doctor for example but gets one forced on him when he has no real passion to see it done I predict disaster.
Such a big change has to come from folk who really want to do it and have a great idea for how and why. If its just arbitrary change for the sake of it its destined to failure.

'He was in Petty's favourite episode about the Master.'- Forest

No Even being reminded of the writing and plotting of that makes me crabbit!! Evil or Very Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Laughing

"GAAAAH I'M SO HUNGRY!! ROAST BEEF, MUNCHMUNCH"

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 pm

{{{ Trailer for new BF: The War Doctor: Casualties of War. Sadly John Hurts last role Crying or Very sad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm

{{Lovely little scene this, got a bit of everything, nostalgia, wit, a clever bit of writing to resolve the cliffhanger (and bonus explanation of how Missy's survived CyberBrig's shot from end of series Cool nice direction and Missy herself which is always a treat. Oh and vampire monkeys of course. Very Happy Spoilers for the opening two parter of series 9 }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:11 pm

'Doctor Who Season 10’s opener premieres on TV on Saturday 15 April and it will then be shown in US cinemas on Monday 17 April and Wednesday 19 April.
Tickets go on sale on Friday 10 March.'- Cultbox

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm

um the next Doctor is a Ginger  Nod Kris Marshall. and if it is him, the Doctor will be kid friendly and a total departure.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:03 pm

{{ Not seen him in much save bits of a sitcom I dont watch and adverts. Will throw the must be a women/black/lesbian camp into a fury though casting another middle aged white male. And the bookies were right about Capaldi when they called it based on a last minute spike in bets. Ginger is good though, the Doctor has always wanted to be ginger.}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm

I liked Kris Marshall in The Four Feathers.  Shrugging

I'm not sure he's a good choice though.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:08 am

{{I haven't seen in him enough stuff to have a view on his acting ability or to have any prejudgements on him (its hard to judge when all you've seen him in is an advert)- which isn't a bad thing- I had never heard of Matt Smith either. If it is him then I will just have to see how he does! }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:48 pm

OH poops Smile I know him Smile He was so funny in "My Family" Smile He made that show, I don't think it was ever as good when he left. He did "Death in Paradise" also Smile I wont mind seeing him as the new Doctor Smile

All New Who - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm

I agree Az I used to watch 'My Family' because of him, he is very witty and funny, he has a nice way about him, and he is a Ginge, so that's cool. Very Happy he will be a more light hearted Doctor, more like Smith and Tennant can be when they are being whimsical. Kids would respond to him better because he like a silly Uncle they actually think is cool.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Seems like a return to Tom Baker.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:56 pm

{{Capaldi is popular with children by all accounts- I know my nieces adore him even though they didnt like the 'old' Doctor at the start of his run and thought he was scary. He has the same appeal to kids that the first Doctor had.
But I don't want a return to Tom Baker- Tom Baker did that really well (and still is on BF) and Who doesn't survive by going backwards. Whatever Chibnal does it has to be his own thing. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 pm

{{They are back!!
Spoiler:
}}}

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{But I don't want a return to Tom Baker- Tom Baker did that really well (and still is on BF) and Who doesn't survive by going backwards. Whatever Chibnal does it has to be his own thing. }}}

What's BF?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 pm

{{{ Big Finish- they make audio dramas of Who with the classic Doctors - mainly-(they are one of the reasons the show stayed alive in the wilderness years) }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{They are back!!
Spoiler:
}}}

Spoiler:

What was that about Doctor Who not surviving by going backwards?  Wink

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm

{{Hah! Very Happy But I was more thinking of style, story, character and tone than bringing back old foes, after all NUWho has been reviving classic era monsters since its very first episode, Rose, with the Nesteene and Autons. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum