azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 pm

this is one hours drive from where I  live. but there is a tiny problem.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 F5055cd4-7d69-4031-bbbb-1c5969f373ea_zpstkdg2afy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:50 pm

this.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2016/12/the-toxic-white-beaches-of-rosignano.html

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 pm

Flipping heck, that is seriously serious stuff. Another lesson in the "all that glitters is not gold" teachings. What were they thinking ? They must have had some idea of the destruction this can cause ? Bloody shame, as it looks so nice, the beach that is not those awful chimneys etc.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:51 am

yeah the beach is stunningly beautiful, pure white sand and bright turquoise water just like the Caribbean, its weird to think its a toxic dump, the water is milky with the soda. didn't go in the water. Laughing
if you look at it from Google Earth you can see where it starts just near the factory, it stands out. it is an amazing place though, although I was scared to stay too long gazing at it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 am

If they could remove the impurities it would be fine. Are there no such regulations in Italy? That's where WE will be 4 years from now.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:18 pm

I think the factory was started up in the late 19th century and its the biggest soda producer in Europe, they have stopped producing mercury in 2007, but still, its not a nice place to live near, also the Italians don't seem to care about swimming in toxic goo. if it looks nice. and it does, its quite an uncanny place its so beautiful, if you don't look behind you.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Yeah, that's a little creepy.... pale How does the water feel? Soapy?
The only time I ever tried swimming in the Mediterranean (Nice in the 1980's on my first backpacking trip through Europe) I was horrified by the oily coating it left on me for the next day. Wouldn't wash off! Mad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 pm

{{{ You may have noticed I have not quite been my usual crabbit self of late. What do you mean you hadn't noticed? Well pay more bloody attention next time, I dont know... Evil or Very Mad anyway where was I? Oh yes, not quite up to my usual crabbit standards. Mad
Well there is a reason for this, one very good reason- I just cannot sustain my crabbit at the moment because I found someone willing to scrub my barrel! Shocked  No, really. And not only that she is Italian (a real one too not a fake one like Figg!  Very Happy  ).
I have no idea how I got this lucky, or if she will come to her senses and run a mile- but in the meantime I am unashamedly, hopelessly, head over heels. Embarassed
Obviously this is seriously interfering with my usual crabbit levels as I keep finding myself deliriously happy Mad
As you know I am not prone to making personal announcements, but I just couldn't keep this one to myself any longer, I want to shout it from the rooftops, which is embarrassingly lovey I know but um, well there we have it.   Shrugging I am not so crabbit because I am happy, extremely lucky, in love and cant believe my good fortune. And so I wanted to share the news with my Forumshire friends. }}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:26 pm

Well congratulations Petty!  I take it she provides more than a light barrel dusting...a fine find indeed. Nod  Soak up the glow while you've got it. Does she make fresh pasta?  You may as well reap more than the benefits of a charming accent.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Does she make fresh pasta?- Halfy

{{{ If she keeps cooking for me the way she has been Halfy I will be lucky to fit in my barrel door soon! And not only that its incredibly tasty, (apparently unlike Scots Italians like food you can taste) I have no idea whats in most of it- but I suspect I may actually be eating vegetables in some of it!  Suspect }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:38 am

cheers  hurrah! no more barrel scraping for me. I would like to shake her hand.
but seriously that's wonderful Petty. Thumbs Up is she a proper Italian or was she born in Scotland?

bloody hell Petty not being crabbit. that's a first. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 am

{{{Thanks Figg. And she is most definitely a full bloodied passionate Italian. Nod She is originally from Viareggio. (talking of which they have a really amazing carnival there, don't know if you've ever been, one of this years floats was particualry terrifying- }}}

{{{ And never fear Figg, I am sure life will find another way to keep my crabbit levels fermenting nicely Mad (There is always the Who thread!) But at least in this one aspect of my life I find myself uncharacteristically, uncontrollably happy. Its infuriating! Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 am

Congratulations, Petty! cheers Very happy for you to hear this and I hope things keep going well. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:55 am

{{Thanks Eldo- and so do I! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:18 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote: ... I have no idea whats in most of it- but I suspect I may actually be eating vegetables in some of it!  Suspect

It looks like she's leading you into a frightening world that may include the likes of clear skin, and wine instead of bucky to wash down dinner! Shocked

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:32 am

Cooking AND cleaning???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

{{{Any idea what she sees in you?}}}

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:39 am

'include the likes of clear skin, and wine instead of bucky' - Halfy

{{ But what about all my warts and carbuncles I've bee growing?! As to the last part, no. Just no! pale

Dave- nope not got a clue but whatever enchantment it is I really hope it doesn't wear off!  Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:18 am

Has she found the Thing in the Fridge yet ........
I'm so happy for you Petty !! We all would like someone sometime ! Well done old bean !!! I love you flower Cheerleader Thumbs Up cheers

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am

Has she found the Thing in the Fridge yet ........- Azriel

{{I didnt want to startle her Azriel. Probably best not to, early on in a releationship, reveal you have a Thing that grew in your fridge and calls it home (actually from the noises it seems to cal it 'grrrrrurffflegurgle'). Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Looks like there may be a review about you in Pure Publications for once ?? Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ You may have noticed I have not quite been my usual crabbit self of late. What do you mean you hadn't noticed? Well pay more bloody attention next time, I dont know... Evil or Very Mad anyway where was I? Oh yes, not quite up to my usual crabbit standards. Mad
Well there is a reason for this, one very good reason- I just cannot sustain my crabbit at the moment because I found someone willing to scrub my barrel! Shocked  No, really. And not only that she is Italian (a real one too not a fake one like Figg!  Very Happy  ).
I have no idea how I got this lucky, or if she will come to her senses and run a mile- but in the meantime I am unashamedly, hopelessly, head over heels. Embarassed
Obviously this is seriously interfering with my usual crabbit levels as I keep finding myself deliriously happy Mad
As you know I am not prone to making personal announcements, but I just couldn't keep this one to myself any longer, I want to shout it from the rooftops, which is embarrassingly lovey I know but um, well there we have it.   Shrugging I am not so crabbit because I am happy, extremely lucky, in love and cant believe my good fortune. And so I wanted to share the news with my Forumshire friends. }}}}

cheers cheers cheers

Awwwww!! Congratulations! You haven't been able to hide from us that you are creative, artistic, articulate, intelligent and caring. I am thrilled that you haven't been able to hide that from the real world either.
Just...................whatever [7] - Page 13 Loveshower_zpsulp6rha4

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:31 pm

{{{{ Embarassed }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm

The crabbit exterior couldn't hide a warm heart.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

{{ Until recent events I didn't know I had one- came as a bit of a shock I can tell you! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:34 pm

I suggest you give your kilt a good scouring, Italians like a nice swish of material not a clunk. Viareggio, that's not too far from me, its gorgeous I suggest you ask her to take you to Forte dei Marmi for a holiday which is the posh bit where Matteo Renzi goes for his hols. and if you need any inside info to wow her with just let me know. hey  she is Tuscan so she has good taste in men.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum