azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:04 pm

cheers guys. Weymouth looks gorgeous. Probably Exeter is the nearest 'big' town, but not sure.
I have been to Southend, yonks ago, cant remember what its like. Its probably a bit too close to London, therefore expensive?

edit. Weymouth looks perfect. cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:33 pm

azriel wrote:Yep, just lay down & die Very Happy  Cuz you know the Scandi's are not really eating the goddam pizza, oh no, its so cold there now, they are using it as insulation...

Razz

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:36 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:cheers guys. Weymouth looks gorgeous. Probably Exeter is the nearest 'big' town, but not sure.
I have been to Southend, yonks ago, cant remember what its like. Its probably a bit too close to London, therefore expensive?

Got curious and looked up Weymouth on the map. I have to suppose this is for a summer trip to enjoy the beach? I noticed while browsing pubs that dogs and cider are big themes (Ship's Inn says "we love dogs, as all good pubs should.") I think you should bring a dog. Smugdog

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:59 pm

will take 10 cats. cat To the pub. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:20 pm

Thanks Lance for nominating me Smile Hastings old town has kept SOME of its Olde Worlde feeling, its deteriorated over the years & the town its self is a sleazy filthy dump now, Lewes is nice with its history. It has a castle, Anne of Cleves House that she never stayed in Smile quaint shops, a river with a low pedestrian bridge over. Its nice at Christmas as it has Edwardian street markets with people dressed Edwardian. A lot of the shops are sadly closing up, what remains is not so cheap or, charity shops. Its also the site of where 100's ( I think 100's ? ) of Martyrs were burnt for not renouncing Catholicism. Hever Castle is nearby in Kent. Absolutely beautiful house & gardens belonging to the Boleyn family. So easy to believe you are going to see Anne & Henry running round laughing. Brighton is amazing in that its so Hippy & cosmopolitan. Its alive day & night. The list is endless of things to do & see. Prices can be high but that's cuz its under the borough of London ( no not why ) I love "The Lanes" which is a labyrinth of shops & street stalls that go on forever. Its packed & crowded all the time so if its peace & quiet you want you'll have to stay in your hotel room Smile Oh & one place Id so love to see but haven't is "Charlestone Manor" Smile I cant drive & there isn't a bus to take you there which is fooking stupid !! Home of the Bloomsbury set Smile Then theres Monk House, home of Virginia Woolfe, that's near Lewes. Its a gorgeous house where she stayed with her husband. Erm ? I guess there are other nice places but, cuz I don't drive & I'm on me larry I don't get around much. I can only speak of what I know ? Smile Chichester is nice, the Cathedral is lovely Smile Arundel has places of interest yet shoddy living areas.

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Thanks Az, Lewes does look very pretty indeed. I love you But its a bit too far inland and I need somewhere easy distance from either Exeter or Canterbury. Brighton looks fab too but probably mad expensive, I will go for a short trip to Brighton but I wouldn't live there.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Wait, are you looking for someplace to live? Dumping Italy?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Canterbury is a nice place as a base. The Cathedral is lovely & emits a really strong sense of feeling & history. When you reach the place where Thomas Becket met his end you really feel your there, invisible & watching it unravel before you. Its a good place to start as you can nip off & visit other towns etc. Like, Whitstable, oysters ( slimy sods ) & home of Peter Cushing. Faversham, Margate, Ramsgate Smile ? I love Brighton only to look at the shops, its way to "alive" & hectic for an old crock like me Smile I got it just perfect where I am Smile Sea on one side, deep woods & The Downs on the other, with shops etc as the meat in a sandwich in the middle Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:00 pm

halfwise wrote:Wait, are you looking for someplace to live?  Dumping Italy?

no. I already live in the UK part time, in t'North I have a very small room which I use about 30% of the time, but I might be transferring uni from September down t'South, if they give me a scholarship. if they don't I am staying put up t'North. But Winter is coming, so its probably better if I am south of the wall. pale

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:02 pm

azriel wrote:Canterbury is a nice place as a base. The Cathedral is lovely & emits a really strong sense of feeling & history. When you reach the place where Thomas Becket met his end you really feel your there, invisible & watching it unravel before you. Its a good place to start as you can nip off & visit other towns etc. Like, Whitstable, oysters ( slimy sods ) & home of Peter Cushing. Faversham, Margate, Ramsgate Smile ? I love Brighton only to look at the shops, its way to "alive" & hectic for an old crock like me Smile I got it just perfect where I am Smile Sea on one side, deep woods & The Downs on the other, with shops etc as the meat in a sandwich in the middle Smile

I like that. I have never been to Canterbury but it looks beautiful, one day I must explore the south coast. I have only been to Gatwick. Neutral
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:07 pm

But will Canterbury have a Pussycat club?  I noticed that Brighton had one, I was thinking with all the cats Figgy may want to make sure there's someplace she can take them.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/12/22/Kentucky-woman-uses-a-Slinky-to-squirrel-proof-her-bird-feeder/4471482420119/

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:06 am

Laughing good idea.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:29 am

Mrs Figg wrote:cheers guys. Weymouth looks gorgeous. Probably Exeter is the nearest 'big' town, but not sure.

My unsubstantiated advice was taken! :afraid:

Well, let us know how it goes when you go! Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:55 pm

https://www.facebook.com/tony.reddin/videos/10211513456816455/

Well, its Christmas Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:32 pm

I hate Christmas with a PASSION!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:27 am

So do I! Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

{{{Truth is stranger than fiction! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 pm

I enjoyed that !! I love these "secret" stories that can only be told decades later. The ingenuity sometimes is astonishing. I bet there are 100s of stories laying quiet, some will be found out & some wont. I wonder how many stories can be told by older people today ? I find it fascinating Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:20 am

Can't watch that vid at the moment, but Operation Mincemeat is a story worthy of the best stuff that fiction writers make up Very Happy Deception at its very best, and real at that

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:56 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:13 pm

That's a little over 3 hours from here Az. It's a little side-loop off the Interstate highway that runs through the Columbia River Gorge. I've always stopped when I'm driving by, going back to the days when I was a kid before the Interstate was built and there was just a winding old highway clinging to the cliffs. There's a little cave underneath behind the falls, and a "unofficial" slippery footpath that goes down into it, if the river isn't thundering too much and you're bold enough... There's nothing quite like standing in that rock niche looking out through the thundering water and feeling the earth shake. I wish I could show you!

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:42 pm

I wish maybe you could Dave Smile I do like the idea of being behind the water looking out. I like hearing your stories as well Smile You seemed to have filled your life with so much & so many interesting things. I poodle about on YouTube & just find things that I think are weird, funny or beautiful often quite by accident, but, always fun Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Suddenly I think I love her too:

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 8 Shkrel10

SWACK!

For those of you who don't know this creep, he's the one who bought a pharmaceutical company and immediately increased the cost of an AIDS drug by a factor of 50 or something.  Add to that that Miss Duca has publicly declared her distaste for Trump, and her response is just brilliant.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Laughing  nice one.

(((( note to self. use it when watching anything Moffat related ))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum