Eldorion
Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
Ringdrotten
leelee
35 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 31 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:01 am

So no white xmas then?

ps speaking as a Sctoshobbit the only time I see temperatures like those are on instructions for cooking things.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 31 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:42 am

Psst, Petty, it's summer right now in the Southern Hemisphere!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:47 am

Summer is when the wind drops from gale force to strong and the rain goes from horizontal to vertical and there is still an outside chance of snow- its not being slowly cooked in a country sized oven. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 am

I hate to think what you'd have to say if you ever experienced summer in a bona fide desert, then!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:52 am

Closest thing round here to a desert is the neighbours kids sandpit- and its water logged right now.

We Scotshobbits are not made for such trials- being pale blue of skin with red blotchy parts, red of hair and prone to living drunkenly in barrels smoking pipeweed and inventing stuff.
Althoug if you look at the spread of Scots hobbits globally it is clear we will leave home if we have been told about the possibilty for a new sort of buckie somewhere. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 am

there is bloody cold here, but no snow :C
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

its quite chillly here too. A nip in the nips. No

38 degrees is damn hot though. specially when its sweaty heat. If its dry heat its ok. sunny
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah, humidity is what really makes or breaks summer heat. I actually kinda like dry heat. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 am

Vakkert! Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:40 pm

i know xD
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm

What a scarey four weeks. I am totally tired. Four thursdays ago on night shift the boss sprayed the backs of the toilets to stop mainlining coke and did not tell me. So I came into the men's the worst always and slipped. There was no one to help me , the only other guy was sweeping outside. I did not have gloves or a mask on because my boss forgot again. Any way some feces and urine landed on my mouth. I quickly washed it off but I was scared . They could do nothing for me.

Exactly two weeks later I was just crossing the street to cash my cheque and I had been sick two nights before at a dinner. I suddenly felt everything go round and round and I could not see straight nor speak nor move my right hand. I vomited non stop I have not done so since five. Two drunk guys were trying to help me but both my guys had their cell phones off. Hasia was hanging on me screaming. They wanted to call an ambulance but it was the weekend and nothing would be done until monday. I managed to phone for a taxi andKumar a Muslim and one of my best friends, I love him so much came.He was so happy to see me but when he saw me begging him for help he jumped out of the car and hugged Hasia. then he examined me. I told him I thoght I had a stroke but he said no I didn'tI was just very sick from whatever the vius was and my vomiting. He carried me into the car and Hasia too. At home I gave him a twenty and told him to keep the change. we always do, but I think he put it back so I will have to find him and give it back. I was vomiting and in soet of a coma for three days I remember little except washing every thing in the house. I went to the doctor but he said I was just very ill though it took another week to speak and three to use myarm and hand correctly. I am so tired.

And thanks to me we didn't make The Hobbit and have to wait til the Town Theatre has it. I got season two of the new Sherlock Holmes and I dont watch it. And I got a whole book of all paintings of Tolkien. And tons of stuff I am too tired to open. And tons of presents that took up nearly an entire room for five people . wierd. And there will be five Christmas dinners, we have so many guests. So that is why you have not heard from me.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 am

Shocked Blimey leelee you aint half been through it of late.
Get your rest lass and I hope you feel better very soon and that little Hasia still has a good holidays- you know I had a not disimilar reaction myself, but that was just to seeing TH!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:49 am

The Truth. Everyone here that I know of loved The Hobbit. The tickets were sold out for four days. I am not strong enough to see it for a while. Oh well I go to work tonight. Armed to the teeth in face masks and gloves. Dreading it. Were you completelly turned off Petty or did you like anything?
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:54 am

Um, well, there are good bits, but they are almost immediately ruined by bad bits happening every time. For every line of Tolkien dialogue Pj inserts an atrocious one he has made up himself- or some burping. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:02 am

That's what my family is afraid of, so I have only one brave enough to attend with me.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:42 pm

I have only looked at my gifts for real. I was surprised thatTravis got me the hardcover book of all Tolkiens' drawings. It says " to celebrate Tolkien's 75th anniversary of The Hobbit ........more than one hundred sketches , including his drawings paihtings, maps and plans,alternate versions and experimental designs. It will take me a while.
I got a coach purse it is supposed to be nine hundred dollars, why is that ,what could possibly cost so much about the leather. Anyway I only like ones that you carry across your chest, it is easier and safer. Oh well
Among the gifts was a glossy poster off the wall , my daughter works in North Hollywood, of Gandalf standing alone on the windy hill alone. It is nice, something to remember him by. But it is so big where will I put it ?
My favorite thing is a thick magazine by Life, about Jesus of Nazareth entitled " Who do you say I am" the pics are overwhelming they are so beautiful. My favorite.
The one from my boss is most practical. A paid for certificate that has two pizzas, two ceasar salads two bottles of whatever, we don't drink pop and popcorn and two movies. Since tonight is our last Christmas party for Betty Anne, hair down to her ankles, could not have children, we will do it all up nice, But I am sick of turkey so we will have chicken and baked potatoes, a greek salad, yadayada and for dessert a huge Italian cake in a box with cream filling and some nutsI think postachios We are going to eat it with chocolate spoons then eat the spoons. Then tea, coffee, punch. Then clean up and after she has gone, clean up and bed. yahoo I don't work tonight only have to be up at two thirty. yahoo I am going to enjoy this. Cause after that i can sleep in til six.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm

A good Aussie snack. YUM YUM Very Happy

Just...................whatever - Page 31 Screen17

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 pm

I shouldn't have looked at that while I'm hungry. Laughing It looks delicious!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Well half of it does- the half in the bottle. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Vegemite on toast. Delicious, how can people not like the stuff.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm

It has the world veg in it- that implies vegetables. Mad
As a Scothobbit I am avowed never to touch such a horrible thing, not even deep fried.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Vegemite is considered as much a part of Australia's heritage as kangaroos and the Holden cars. It is actually an Australian obsession that has become a unique and loved symbol of the Australian nation. A Vegemite sandwich to an Australian kid is the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to an American kid - but the taste is QUITE different!

Vegemite is one of several yeast extract spreads sold in Australia. It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture) and various vegetable and spice additives. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources known of Vitamin B. It's thick like peanut butter, it's very salty, and it tastes like - well let's just say that it is an acquired taste!

Australian children are brought up on Vegemite from the time they're babies. It is said that Australians are known to travel all over the world with at least one small jar of Vegemite in their luggage, for fear that they will not be able to find it.

Did You Know?

22.7 million jars of Vegemite are manufactured in Australia every year - that's 235 jars per minute.

30 jars are sold in Australia for every one exported.

Vegemite is in nine out of ten pantries in Australia.

Just...................whatever - Page 31 Vegemi10

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm

vegemite.. ?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer

You should like it Petty Very Happy

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum