chris63
davidjoneshoward
Ringdrotten
halfwise
Mrs Figg
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu May 19, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 pm

yeah they do kinda waffle a bit. But they do know a lot about the wider cultural influences on Martin
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 20, 2016 3:29 am

Mrs Figg wrote:This thread is for people who ENJOY watching the show, are WILLING to discuss the pros and cons without dripping bile and making patronising comments about not begrudging show lovers. So I would appreciate those who actually HATE the show and have nothing to add to the discussion but bitter and twisted whining about what are in effect second rate fantasy books (first rate being Tolkien) to kindly stop pissing on the parade. thanks.
If I am the only person posting here so be it. Very Happy
Laughing

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Fri May 20, 2016 3:35 am

halfwise wrote:Tempting: if I only use it for GoT not too underhanded, but I don't want to lead you into a life of soft crime. You've mentioned it in public and even now the men in dark glasses may be assembling around the corner from your home. pale

Eh, I already in that sort of life as it is, wouldn't hurt to do it a little more. The beauty of it is HBO may be the only company that doesn't give a shit about that, as they don't even have a limit on the number of screens being with one account (like netflix and hulu Evil or Very Mad) All you have to do is ask, and I'll send it to you via messages Smile
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 am

I don't think I do enjoy watching the show. I used to, but something changed. I like to think it was the show that changed, but who knows.  Shrugging

I mean I never enjoyed all of it. The ridiculous sex scenes which are just dripping in pandering-sauce. Sex-workers auditioning for a man as he talks about his ambitions or whatever was really silly. 

But there was lots of stuff that I thought was really good. I too hope that the Hound returns, for he was one of the best characters in his time I think. Brienne was a dick to kill him. Should have been the other way round!

Oh hey here's something positive, positively hilarious!

Game of Thrones, Well Done

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 20, 2016 3:44 am

davidjoneshoward wrote:
halfwise wrote:Tempting: if I only use it for GoT not too underhanded, but I don't want to lead you into a life of soft crime. You've mentioned it in public and even now the men in dark glasses may be assembling around the corner from your home. pale

Eh, I already in that sort of life as it is, wouldn't hurt to do it a little more. The beauty of it is HBO may be the only company that doesn't give a shit about that, as they don't even have a limit on the number of screens being with one account (like netflix and hulu Evil or Very Mad) All you have to do is ask, and I'll send it to you via messages Smile

Well, let me work through season 5 first.  I've already taught a coworker how to fill up drinks in 7-11, suck some down, then top it off, so I've entered the seamy zone as it is. Embarassed It's only your tender age that gives me qualms.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Fri May 20, 2016 4:43 am

halfwise wrote:It's only your tender age that gives me qualms.
Well, don't exactly know what a tender age is to you... but okay. how were you guys like at 15, out of genuine curiosity?

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Fri May 20, 2016 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 am

Pretty shy, a little greasy. Incredibly impressed by Pan's Labyrinth.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I don't think I do enjoy watching the show. I used to, but something changed. I like to think it was the show that changed, but who knows.  Shrugging

I mean I never enjoyed all of it. The ridiculous sex scenes which are just dripping in pandering-sauce. Sex-workers auditioning for a man as he talks about his ambitions or whatever was really silly. 

But there was lots of stuff that I thought was really good. I too hope that the Hound returns, for he was one of the best characters in his time I think. Brienne was a dick to kill him. Should have been the other way round!

Oh hey here's something positive, positively hilarious!

Game of Thrones, Well Done

well yeah, I don't enjoy all of it either. there are some things I think are just pandering to the front/back bottom brigade. Which is fair enough, HBO had to draw in the punters in the first season, make it attractive to watch, hence the boobies, HBO had enormous competition from computer games which were giving people what they wanted, ie dragons n naked hot chicks so it had to carve out its patch and it did it by adding characters we could learn to care for, real people not cgi, so it became a powerful roller coaster, obviously people still expect boobies so they get them out at regular intervals, there is never a very good reason to do this so they have to make up plausible-ish scenarios in brothels. basically the show has stayed faithful to its remit, in season one we got Ros doing strange things to another prozzie in front of Little Finger, nobody seemed to mind, its all good fun imo. and its not Shakespeare so who gives a shit anyway. its entertainment at its finest. blood and mud from the comfort of our sofas. with Dragons! Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 20, 2016 6:59 pm

davidjoneshoward wrote:Well, don't exactly know what a tender age is to you... but okay. how you were like at 15, out of genuine curiosity?

I would say but I'm afraid I might shock halfy's sense of propriety too much. Sofa
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 20, 2016 7:41 pm

how you were like at 15, out of genuine curiosity?

I was ramming little old ladies with shopping carts. Don't judge me, I've progressed.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Fri May 20, 2016 9:45 pm

halfwise wrote:

I was ramming little old ladies with shopping carts.  Don't judge me, I've progressed.
lol! Dare I ask the context?
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Laughing   I hesitate to ask.

At 15 I was a sullen loner with only a ginger pussy for a friend. Don't ask, I have progressed.

Now I have 10 pussies. Razz cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 pm

I haven't progressed :carrot:

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 am

This was me at the end of that.

Game of Thrones Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Adam-Brody1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm

It broke my heart. I am actually crying as I write this. it was so sad. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2016 2:28 pm

that was one hell of an emotional roller coaster. One minute I was having a swoon with Dany and Jorah, next minute having a giggle with Brienne and Tormund next minute my heart was ripped out with Bran. flipping heck! Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2016 5:51 pm

I agree about the King Moot. Euron Greyjoy was a disappointment, he had about 5 followers at the end. Rolling Eyes

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 am

Watched this bit again and it still brought tears to my eyes.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 24, 2016 8:36 am

Glad i wasn't the only one that was upset. Havn't cried so much since Frodo got on that boat at the grey havens.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 24, 2016 12:29 pm

chris63 wrote:Watched this bit again and it still brought tears to my eyes.

yeah me too. Its probably the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen on tv. Crying or Very sad even the Red Wedding wasn't as bad as that. Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Sad bloody hell I know how he feels.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next