Norc
azriel
20 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Holidays and absences [3] - Page 29 Empty Re: Holidays and absences [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

where is Az? - Figg

{{ Good question. Hope she is ok and hasn't had a spell backfire on her! Shocked }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Or a torch-lit mob bothering her.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:where is Az?

Can't speak for Az, but I'm sure she's fine and just busy.

As for myself, I hadn't realized it's been a month since I last posted, I've been busy and I'm doing quite well atm all things considered, still going strong with my girlfriend I love you and still checking in here every few days to lurk and keep up with the news here, shame it's been so quiet on the forum lately Sad but hopefully I'll be able to post here more frequently for the immediate future.

You guys girls, hobbits etc are never far from my thoughts, and although my level of activity has declined here in the last couple of years, I've really enjoyed my time on the forum, lots of interesting discussion, unusual jokes, happy memories and the odd occasion (usually be accident) i've even learnt something useful, thought I'd just stop by and say hello again.

Hmm...didn't realize I was so near to 4500 posts...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:11 pm

cheers great to hear from you Malick, it is a bit quiet maybe its Summer people are more outdoorsy and stuff.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:48 am

Good to see you around, Malick, and I am so happy things are still going well with your gf! Smile
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:52 pm

oh jesus, I always wanted to know what had happened to Meiko Elektra and now I know. Sad

https://www.meikogeorgouras.com/

it was like a punch in the stomach.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:17 pm

Wow! I'd been wondering about her too. I remember she'd been retraining retired race horses and we'd sometimes compared horse notes. I wonder if the injury was horse related. Gotta give her a lot of credit for persevering!

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm glad to know she's still alive, but damn. Neutral Thanks for sharing the link, Mrs Figg.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:06 am

How on earth did you find out?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:How on earth did you find out?

I have tried to find her for years. The last time we heard from her she said she was homeless and was going to live alone in a tent somewhere in the Australian countryside. I was very worried about her safety at the time and then she just disappeared, but I hadn't a clue how to find her, and I have often gone to her fb page to see if she had turned up. I always found her to be a charismatic person with an aura of tragedy around her, she reminded me of Anna Karenina or Madame Bovary or someone like that and she has haunted me, and basically I knew something bad had happened to her, and it had. I only hope she isn't suffering because she loved riding horses. I just found her by Googling her name, but it never showed up anything before, so maybe her website is new. I feel guilty like I should have done something, but I don't know what.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Sounds like a Brönte novel! I'm sorry, anyway.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 pm

{{ Whilst you have to acknowledge the tragedy and severity of what has happened to her, the seeming indomitable nature of her spirit, to turn her suffering instead into art that can convey meaning and pleasure to others is amazing and ultimately admirable.

It also gives some hope than if the eye sensing technology can allow for that then perhaps it can too allow for internet browsing. There is a contact box on her website, perhaps she might like to pay a visit? After all once a Forumshirian, always a Forumshirian. Besides we hold everyone's hole open Nod (we should have that on the banner! Very Happy ) }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 pm

I

Last edited by malickfan on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:26 pm

:facepalm:

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 pm

On the subject of forum members from back in the day I've sometimes wondered what happened to RA and Sinister71. Again, I knew neither of them that well (even as far as online acquaintances go) but both of them were pretty active here four or five years back when I first joined this forum, and I think were also on the old HobbitMovie forum (aka Bree) back in the mists of time, would be nice to find out if they or any other of our old members are doing ok.

Time marches on, and friends part ways or loose interest in things they once hold dear, but It's always reassuring to know that forumshire still stands as its old cozy slightly bonkers self, I'm not as active here as I once was, but I hope all Forumshirians past and present are doing well, and maybe a few old faces will stop by now and again.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:38 pm

{{ Yeah RA was a prominent member for a while, you will find their avatar cropping up in the old Welcome to Forumshire vid and old issues of the NotP.

Sinister I know had some medical issues which he had mentioned here and on Bree. One hopes that they made a full recovery and just got on with life. Would of course as always be great for old faces to pop by again and say hello though. Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:53 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I just found her by Googling her name, but it never showed up anything before, so maybe her website is new. I feel guilty like I should have done something, but I don't know what.

I last went looking for online traces of Meiko back in January, but her new site wasn't registered until the very end of that month. The email on the contact page has someone else with the same last name; hopefully that means she has family support through all of this.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It also gives some hope than if the eye sensing technology can allow for that then perhaps it can too allow for internet browsing. There is a contact box on her website, perhaps she might like to pay a visit? After all once a Forumshirian, always a Forumshirian. Besides we hold everyone's hole open  Nod  (we should have that on the banner! Very Happy )

I was thinking about this yesterday. I didn't know Meiko well but if other people are on board I think it might be nice to send an email on behalf of Forumshire, and I can include the names and/or usernames of everyone who wants to sign on. Though if anyone who knew her better wants to do something instead of or in addition to this idea, that might be better.

malickfan wrote:On the subject of forum members from back in the day I've sometimes wondered what happened to RA and Sinister71. Again, I knew neither of them that well (even as far as online acquaintances go) but both of them were pretty active here four or five years back when I first joined this forum, and I think were also on the old HobbitMovie forum (aka Bree) back in the mists of time, would be nice to find out if they or any other of our old members are doing ok.

Sinister's most recent public activity on Facebook was just last month. Yooper's was last September, but he has fewer public updates to begin with. I'm not sure about RA, in part because I don't remember (if I ever knew) his full name.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:16 am

I like that idea Eldy,
but its a tough one because it might remind her of the past when she was abled bodied, but on the other hand it might be nice for her to know that we haven't forgotten her and that she made an impact on us. I would be happy to put my forum name on it and my real first name too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 am

{{ I think its worth doing. Its up to Meiko if she feels its something she wants to revisit or not, at least she will know she made an impression and we never forgot her and we'd be happy to have her back here.
I think given the work you've put in Figg you'd be the obvious candidate for the job, but I am happy to help out if needed and to put my name to any message. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Great idea! Thumbs Up

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:56 pm

I would prefer someone officially from the forum to send it on behalf of everyone. Plus I don't know what on earth to say, I am not good at that kind of stuff.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm

I am off on official state business across the pond. It seems both Mickey and some little shit called Harry Potter need reminding which side their bread is buttered!

Will probably not be around for a month or so!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:21 pm

If you pass through NYC I'm happy to hoist a drink with you, though it seems you'll be in Orlando.  Enjoy the heat.

As for Meiko, I think the "official letter" should ask if she would like us to write her individually.  I think she would love that.  It's likely right now with her new website she's being flooded, so an email that has  "forumshire" in the header would catch her attention. It seems this "janet" would be the interlocutor so they may have guidance for us in how to make this work best. Actually due to someone reading/filtering it other than her something like "your old hobbit forum missed you" might be better than "forumshire"

Figgs - I think you should be the one to write, and as an introductory letter there is no need to pour your heart out in it.  A simple letter saying we miss her and you found her so are delegated to ask if she would like email correspondence would be sufficient.

But if anyone has an email with a forum handle (Eldy? Amarie?) they could write as well.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 pm

I don't know what to say.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Dear Meiko Electra,

Ever since you disappeared from Forumshire a few years ago, we've missed you and wondered what happened.  We talked about how worried we were about you.  So I started looking and to my amazement found your new website!  It's really exciting to find what you have been up to.

I realize email correspondence may be difficult for you, so the group delegated me to ask if you would like to receive personal emails from us.  It's not surprising to find you are an artist, for you touched each of us individually during your time on Forumshire. As artists do.  It would be lovely to reconnect.

Best Wishes,

Julia (Mrs Figg)

Could use some work, but I think that's about the size of it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next