chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Actually I think the way Isildur acted in the film most closely matched the way Frodo behaved in the books (but not really in the film): "... I do not choose now to do what I came to do. I will not do this deed. The Ring is mine!' And suddenly, as he set it on his finger, he vanished from Sam's sight.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:11 am

{{Yeah but Frodo had the Ring for years and had borne it on a long journey ever closer to its Master as its Masters' power grew and called for it- Isildur only just nicked the thing two minutes earlier off its totally weakened and defeated owner. That's no excuse- even Boromir took weeks of being in close proximity to it and with a genuine pressing need to help his people motivating him before he succumbed. I actually can see why movie Aragorn fears he might be like his ancestor- film Isildur has all the moral courage and strength of a small puddle and is slightly less useful.}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:43 am

I don't think that a small puddle could cut the ring off Sauron's finger...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 am

{{In the film Sauron all but presents him with his finger to chop of like it was shot for a 70's 3D film! Hell it is made so easy for Isildur he manages to do it whilst lying on his back!}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:29 am

Fantasy fanatic who spent £45k transforming himself into real-life ELF reveals new pointed ears after latest surgery

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/fantasy-fanatic-who-spent-45k-11726601

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:08 am

{{{{ Shocked No }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Holy heck pale But, if its what you really want ? I'm too fickle to decide on just one style or look. If you do something as definite as this then your far too limited. I'm happy just to be me, I can change my looks/clothes whenever for whatever mood & then go back to ordinary me, this guy cant. He's an Elf for life now Smile Mind you, does look pretty cool Very Happy

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Well, at the moment it looks more gothic than cool.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Smile Perspective maybe ? He looks like someone from a magazine, not my idea of a Tolkein Elf, Too......"made in Hong Kong" childs doll from Toys R Us. But, still a courageous transformation consideration he's got to go to work like that or, Mc Donalds ?

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:19 pm

I don't understand why he has long prosthetic ears on in that one image, while his ear surgery obviously resulted in a small ear shape modification.

I think we should pass a law where anyone who goes into a cosmetic plastic surgeons office has to sit through a two week course instructing them on all the good they could do if they spent their money to help people get the surgeries they actually need but can't afford. Or, heck, just be exposed to a long list of things for which their money would be better spent, helping people who are suffering and dying.

Outside of the use of surgery for burn victims and people with birth defects and the like, fuck plastic surgery.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:29 pm

I mainly feel you, but I also feel 2/3 of the things really rich people spend money on are pretty damn frivolous, so why pick out plastic surgery? Not that this guy is rich, but I think that's where most plastic surgery happens.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:55 pm

That's the stupidity of money. Its one of the craziest things we have. All it is is bits of paper & chinks of metal yet, our entire lives are dictated by this stuff. We have allowed ourselves to be slaves to it & for some people its all they see & nothing else. Without it your life can be so miserable people commit suicide, with too much of it people waste it on gold toilets.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

I've tried to imagine those. Not the choices I would have made for the Ent Song, I think the dwarf song works best for me. Not really humor or satire...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:38 pm

I liked all 3 but, I think "The Lament" was my fave

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 am

I think of this whenever I bring in the groceries:

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Lord-of-the-rings-meme

Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue May 01, 2018 2:02 am

I'm sure this is on the forum somewhere, but still worth another listen.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 01, 2018 6:40 pm

Yes Chris, it was worth another listen.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 17%2B-%2B1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 02, 2018 11:34 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:I think of this whenever I bring in the groceries:

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 14 Lord-of-the-rings-meme

Smile

I've always happened to live within walking distance of a grocery (ranging from 2 to 20 minutes), and I've found the amount you buy is inversely proportional to the distance.  Right now I have a place right across the street and I'm there nearly every day, sometimes twice a day.  Buying more on whim, smaller amount to carry.

One of these days I'll have my dream of living in the country, but I dread having to actually plan for a week of groceries.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 am

{{Forgot I'd uploaded this to an old account- the Ents songs form the Radio 4 version }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat May 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Not exotic enough sounding. I very plainly hear a men's chorus. Of course it would take a genius composer to pull of what I want to hear.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 pm

{{Well Treebeard said the song about the Ents and Entwives was of elvish composition- so I tend to think of it as the elvish choir version- plus I just really like the music and construction of it. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 07, 2018 8:24 pm

https://i.imgur.com/nT1s8jA.gifv

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next