Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
halfwise
20 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Empty Re: Star Wars [2]

Post by chris63 Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:45 am

The sith sure looked like Ewen Mcgregor (obi wan kenobi) Was it him playing the part ?

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Some spoilers here:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-director-asked-droid-swap-force-awakens-193302640.html

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 10, 2017 1:30 pm

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 12, 2017 1:48 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 pm

This always make me giggle, the song at 14.30 is funny Laughing I bet they have no end of fun making these vids.

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat May 20, 2017 2:16 pm

I like take your daughter to work day. Very Happy

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed May 24, 2017 2:41 pm

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey!  I was planning to get some work done, but thought I'd just take a quick peek to see what that was.  Half an hour later....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:32 am

Haha, made me laugh.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:38 pm

The directors of the upcoming Han Solo spinoff have been fired! (the film has been shooting since February I think, and reportedly had a little over 3 weeks of filming left:

https://twitter.com/PamelaDayM/status/877310676678524928 )

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-why-han-solo-movie-directors-were-fired-1015474

http://www.thewrap.com/phil-lord-and-chris-miller-met-with-dc-about-the-flash-during-han-solo-hiatus-exclusive/

...Although I liked Lord/Millers work on the Jump street movies, I was always a tad confused why they were hired for a big budget sci fi epic, Han Solo has a dry wit and sarcasm but he's not a wisecracking comedy figure, Star Wars films have a certain visual look to them and Lord/Miller's approach is very subversive and colourful. Lawrence Kasdan is a  experienced director himself and knows the character inside out so I wonder why Disney didn't consider him? A Han Solo spinoff was a film few people wanted, this news only makes me more concerned...on the other hand, Kasdan is in his 60's and un-retired himself for The Force Awakens (which showed in the script, and Abrams writes his own scripts only occasionally) with the condition that he could co-write the script for the Han Solo spinoff with his son...perhaps the script was crap and Lord/Miller's improv was a way of fixing it, Kathleen Kennedy and Disney siding with Kasdan because he thought inside the box and didn't diverege from the schedule?

Hmm...

Josh Trank got fired as Director of the upcoming 3rd Star Wars spinoff film (which was rumoured to be a Boba Fett film), Tony Gilroy was brought into oversee extensive reshoots for Rogue One, JJ Abrams was rumoured to heavily retool Force Awakens in the edit, Mark Hamill admitted he had serious issues with the Last Jedi script when he first read it, and Colin Trevorrow (director of Episode 9) has received savage reviews for his most recent film and very mixed ones on Jurassic World (wouldn't be surprised to see him get fired as well...).

Starting to wonder if Disney is exerting too much/too little creative control with the SW films and is more focused on chasing the hot $ than taking its time to get things right...though I have previously read the script for the Han Solo spinoff was rumoured to be excellent...perhaps Lord/Miller spent too much time/money improvising and pissed off the executives at Disney...

I'm wondering if there are any directors in Hollywood willing to step in at such a late stage, Disney couldn't afford to reshoot half the film so whoever takes over will basically be editing someone else's movie...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:12 pm

I was always more interested in seeing an Obi-Wan spin-off staring Ewan McGregor, but Lord and Miller's involvement (as well as casting actors who are largely known for comedies in the roles of Han and Lando) suggested that the Han Solo film could be something fun and different. And I guess it might still be, but firing the directors so late in the game wouldn't bode well for any production. How do you possibly get four months into filming before realizing that you don't like the directors' take on the story?

I'm wondering if there are any directors in Hollywood willing to step in at such a late stage, Disney couldn't afford to reshoot half the film so whoever takes over will basically be editing someone else's movie...

If worst comes to worst, they can just release a two hour version of "I'm Han Solo" and call it a day. Razz

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:I was always more interested in seeing an Obi-Wan spin-off staring Ewan McGregor, but Lord and Miller's involvement (as well as casting actors who are largely known for comedies in the roles of Han and Lando) suggested that the Han Solo film could be something fun and different. And I guess it might still be, but firing the directors so late in the game wouldn't bode well for any production. How do you possibly get four months into filming before realizing that you don't like the directors' take on the story?

Ron Howard (a safe and very experienced, if consistent choice) is taking over.

These articles suggest it was more complicated than a falling out:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41 pm

the Star Wars ethos is basically lighthearted wrapped around serious bones, it sounds like these guys didn't get the serious underpinnings. It seems to me it can still work - they are keeping the script, just reshooting parts that don't match the correct tone. Same bus and passengers, swapping out the driver.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:23 pm

I don't see why the Star Wars Anthology films have to have the same tone as the mainline films. Rogue One was not at all a lighthearted film. I hope that the differences between Lucasfilm and Lord & Miller were more of degree than kind because I'd like to continue to see more different takes on Star Wars.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 am

Following the shock news earlier this week that directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller had been relieved of their duties on the Han Solo Star Wars spin-off film, their replacement has now been announced. Veteran director Ron Howard, known for Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code, has now taken the reins.

Howard, who has a longstanding relationship with Star Wars and Lucasfilm, having once been tipped to direct The Phantom Menace, is considered a safe pair of hands who Disney hope will steady the ship after the surprise news, which saw Lord and Miller leave three weeks before filming was due to be completed.

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Ron-howard

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:33 pm

New behind-the-scenes video for TLJ that was shown at the D23 Expo today.

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Thumbs Up

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:22 am

What's the word for when a thing is described in contradictory superlatives? Like when an actor says that the filming conditions were grueling and incredibly hard, but also just loads of fun for everyone involved because everyone believes so completely in the project.
Or how a director is said to be sensitive to budget limitations but also has a unique vision for which they are not willing to compromise. Or how a script is said to be serious, but also absolutely hilarious.
Or when a movie is going to be "unexpected, but right": as in, "it'll surprise you, but it won't be too different".

"Hollywood hype", I guess? Or just bullshit, in less kind terms.

Anyway, I liked the practical effects we saw in the video. It's nice to see the filmmakers still leaning on that aspect of production, as with episode VII.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 am

Yeah, there was a lot of oppositional statements in there. Reminds me that unless I watch myself I tend to write that way; which in my mind is meant to capture logic and complexity but too easily comes off as stylistically repetitive.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Episode 9 has a new writer:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-ix-gets-a-new-writer-1026003

I'm wondering if he was brought in to limit some of the negative press towards the franchise after then Han solo directors were fired, the director/co writer of Episode 9 Colin Trevorrow has previously directed Jurrasic World (which was a huge commercial success...but far from a critical and artistic one, I disliked it personally) and the critically slaughtered 'The Book Of Henry' so he dosen't appear quite the safe/bold choice he once did...

Then again this new writer also co-wrote Harry Potter And The Cursed Child, which was a pile of steaming fanwanky shite...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Recently re-watched Rogue One, it's really grown on me, in some ways I prefer it to ROTJ and TFA, a very clunky first act, and abundance of continuity references and underwritten character arcs aside I thoroughly enjoyed it, great cinematography, solid acting/music and some stunning set pieces coupled with a grim tone and a scope that certainly puts the scale and war into Star Wars, great movie i.m.o.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 pm

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-obi-wan-spinoff-movie/

If they get McGregor back, I'm on board, he was perfect casting for the role and has repeatedly said he'd love to come back.

Not familiar with Daldry's work, but he seems to have a background in theatre and mid-budget drama films, assuming this deal goes through and he signs on perhaps this points to Lucas Film aiming for a more low key storyline?

Judging by ANH Obi Wan was something of a reclusive hermit by that point, perhaps dropping in now and again to check on Luke and hiding from the Empire, he does seem to have some familiarly with the ''hive of scum and villainy'' in Mos Eisley, maybe they could do a gritty space western/crime thriller or something...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 am

An Obi-Wan spin-off starring Ewan McGregor has always seemed like one of the most promising possibilities for the Anthology films (at least in terms of ideas using characters from the mainline films), so I'm excited to hear that it seems to be moving forward. Fingers crossed!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Mattel10

Mattel promo for Hotwheels series

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Star Wars [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next