Orwell
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Empty Re: An idea: custom domain name

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:53 pm

WTF, YouTube does not conform to their standards? They might as well ban links to Google as well; you can find all sorts of stuff on that site. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Though come to think of it, they probably have already...

So much for my vague idea of trying to be active on PT after the thread where people said they missed us. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And they wonder why we all left!

Quoted for truth. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Bonus crabbit points: watch a Planet-Tolkienite come into one of our threads and begin insulting us. Apparently he is unfamiliar with the concept of tongue-in-cheek, despite it being explicitly mentioned on the first page. Laughing Incidentally, I had a very nice chat with one of the PT mods about that and similar threads, but while she was understanding, she didn't give any indication that anything would change. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 pm

That's one guy, though. A lot of them seem to be very nice people Wink There's even a Norwegian there, and one of the proper ones too! Very Happy ( and by that I mean one who writes proper Norwegian, not Danish Mad) I think I'll show my (virtual) face there a little more often from now on Smile

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:53 pm

The Norwegian lady was the moderator who I spoke with. Smile She was quite nice about everything, I think. Don't get me wrong; I do like a number of the people there, little though I know them. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:31 am

I'm sure they're nice people - but the restrictions on free speech - an outrage!!!! Shocked

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 pm

There's a few awesome people at PT, for sure, it's a shame I forgot my password! Razz

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:11 pm

You can get it reset, can't you? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:02 pm

Maybe she did reset and is now forever lost in those dark oppressive streets....  Sad 

{{{My other theory is she got all interested in lipstick and chic dresses ad rather attractive young lads, just like Susan in the Narnia books... Sad }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:46 pm

I was registered at Planet Tolkien not once but twice, and I forgot my passwords both times!

Was Forumshire an offshoot of P.T then?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:47 pm

I still love the Gentle Planet and they have their way of doing things. Of course this site is not going to appeal to many because of the swearing and occasional nudity. It is not , to them , appropriate because it would not please JRR Tolkien and that is that. I know, I invited people to partake. But why on earth would we want to draw people from other sites. Everyone here is capable of drawing people we know or might be interested. We would not like to think that other sites were drawing people we have come to love away . I don't believe it is that possible to have devotees to more than one site without a problem. I removed myself from Planet Tolkien because of a conviction. The owner , and rightly so, thought otherwise than me and I deeply respect that. So first I removed myself from being on the counsel, and then because I was not contributing the way I felt I should I stopped except for a visit to see all my old friends. They will always be friends, but I no longer try to get them to come here, because they are on that site for a reason. They simply would not be happy here. But if there is a way to advertise for free so anyone can come on.
I think, when you write forumshire , the hobbit movie forum, it advertises quite well. You can look and see and make a decision. But really this site is not family friendly. A lot of parents don't think that is it right to expose children to certain things before they absolutely have to. And Red, well she is kid oriented to the max, being a librarian.
But if the ones that do love it here could just contribute each time they come thru, I think that will keep it interesting.
I have two jobs now, have my studies, homeschool part of the week, and a zillion other things. So I am not here like I should be. I read Eldo's words and they smote me. So I will try harder to show appreciation for this site by saying so.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:09 pm

well you can blame Odo Banks for the nudity.  Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:23 pm

malickfan wrote:I was registered at Planet Tolkien not once but twice, and I forgot my passwords both times!

Was Forumshire an offshoot of P.T then?

An offshoot? Extremely Crabbit How very dare you. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 pm

leelee wrote:I have two jobs now, have my studies, homeschool part of the week, and a zillion other things. So I am not here like I should be. I read Eldo's words and they smote me. So I will try harder to show appreciation for this site by saying so.

Er, which words were those? I ask cause this thread is a couple years old, but I don't want to offend anyone.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:29 pm

There are so many Tolkien forums on the net it's hard keeping track of what's what.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 am

Yes, Malick, there are but, this one out shines them all  Nod fair, easy going, interesting, we regulate ourselves, respect each other, I could go on but, I dont want to unbalance the aura & ambiance. Smile

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:27 am

Yep Forumshire is tops in my book  Very Happy cheers Nod 

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:52 am

One Forumshiran loves or hates another Forumshiran with perfect equilibrium. Depending on the moment, of course, because we never hate or love the same person at the same time --- bondage situations excepted, of course. And, of course, we do condone some harmless nudity, providing it's not too naked. Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:01 am

I haven't even bothered exploring other forums, I came here five years ago and haven't strayed anywhere else.  queen 

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:19 am

Eldorion wrote:
leelee wrote:I have two jobs now, have my studies, homeschool part of the week, and a zillion other things. So I am not here like I should be. I read Eldo's words and they smote me. So I will try harder to show appreciation for this site by saying so.

Er, which words were those?  I ask cause this thread is a couple years old, but I don't want to offend anyone.

I know this thread is outdated but the situation is kind of the same as we speak. I can't think of this place as a refugee camp, but a camp of really strange individuals with very distinct personalities that somehow found each other and that in itself is an adventure that many would not want to leave their comfortable chairs for.
I am not sure Eldo where that comment was , I was so tired, but you said that you try to come on when you can and that your life was a mess at the moment. I think your responded to someone asking what has gone on since he or she was gone
I thought about all you have done for us and how you accept us for what we are, and I felt like I had really let you down. Sorry. Like Ghandi said we need to be the change we want to see. So I will stop the whining and come on more and be supportive If we want others to come on and stay we must be more active or just let it be always real slow and not comment on what we should. Either or. We should always try to be there for you.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:11 am

Ive re-read this & I agree, I know I take people & things for granted & I guess Ive done that with Eldo, especially when Ive hit a problem  Smile But then dont we all ? We get so comfortable & secure in the moment, we enjoy a particular episode of our lives, we dont want it to end so, we take it for granted when it carries on. Its only when something happens, ie when someone disappears, or we get a kick up the arse, that we re-think. Im trying to make more effort with a lot of things this year & for always. I think "being there" for EVERYONE is something I should definitely remember & act on !!  Nod  This isnt a forum, its a family. Or rather, its got the feel of a family & a family one should have  Nod And I, for one, am enjoying it for as long as one can.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:24 am

This is how I see leelee

An idea: custom domain name - Page 2 Philippe-sainte-laudy-spiritual-wood_zps3cc2e195

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:50 am

leelee wrote:I can't think of this place as a refugee camp, but a camp of really strange individuals with very distinct personalities that somehow found each other and that in itself is an adventure that many would not want to leave their comfortable chairs for.

Strange individuals? Shocked I thought anyone who wasn't a Forumshiran was strange. Suspect 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 am

I like how you norced the thread into being about aappreciating other forum memebers, and Eldo in particular, leelee.

A most worthwhile pursuit.  Nod 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:22 am

that is what leelee does best Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down