halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by Norc Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:04 pm

azriel wrote:Ha ha, found it, yes, I quoted it from some fooking Naturalist site BUT I didnt say it was preggers ? someone else did before me Laughing Bloody frog ! Laughing
you clearly said "gravid frog". last time i checked gravid meant pregnant Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Yes, but Az didn't say it, she was just quoting someone who did.  For some reason this seems to be an important distinction for her, just roll with it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:20 pm

i don't see any " " or quote/unquote. not even a source is mentioned.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:22 pm

azriel wrote:

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Dots%20%20on%20nose_zpsvqvsntng

stare at the dots on the nose for 30 seconds then look at a piece of  plain white paper & blink a few times Smile

Wow! Shocked

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:46 pm

"Human beings are funny. They long to be with the person they love but refuse to admit openly. Some are afraid to show even the slightest sign of affection because of fear. Fear that their feelings may not be recognized, or even worst, returned. But one thing about human beings puzzles me the most is their conscious effort to be connected with the object of their affection even if it kills them slowly within."

— Sigmund Freud

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:47 pm

"I always wonder which is more crippling, pain or hope. To be cemented under pain can halt all desire to function. Pain is motivating to some, paralyzing to others, however hope can be equally lethal; you are stuck in an infinite waltz between the hope of finding what you long for and the fear of losing it. That dance makes it impossible to move on, find closure, or even close your eyes for a simple moment."

Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:24 pm

Very profound Nod

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:19 pm

It does seem to say something quite basic about human nature. It strange how we almost seem scared of being happy. Because getting there requiers one to be open and voulnerable? Because one fears rejection? I don't know.. Why is life so difficult?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:20 pm

I quite liked this.

"J’aurais dû être plus gentile—I should have been more kind. That is something a person will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old, Ah, I wish I was not good to that person. You will never think that."

— Khaled Hosseini, And the Mountains Echoed

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:29 pm

It strange how we almost seem scared of being happy. Because getting there requiers one to be open and voulnerable? Because one fears rejection? I don't know.. Why is life so difficult? - Blue

Reminds me of this scene from Who, beautiful writing-

MADGE: Lily and Cyril's father, my husband, is dead and they don't know yet, because if I tell them now, then Christmas will always be what took their father away from them, and no one should have to live like that. Of course, when the Christmas period is over, I shall. I don't know why I keep shouting at them.
DOCTOR: Because very time you see them happy, you remember how sad they're going to be, and it breaks your heart.
LILY [OC]: Mother, come and see!
CYRIL: Mother! You've got to see this!
DOCTOR: Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later.
CYRIL [OC]: Mother.
LILY [OC]: Mother, are you coming?
DOCTOR: The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I quite liked this.

"J’aurais dû être plus gentile—I should have been more kind. That is something a person will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old, Ah, I wish I was not good to that person. You will never think that."

Not true. There are some assholes in the world who really needed to be told off at some point, and you missed the chance. They deserved it, the world deserved it, and you flubbed it. There is regret.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I regret not kicking someone in the nuts when I really should have Mad
Dont hold back, you'll never get that chance again Twisted Evil

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Well, there's certainly some truth to that. Although, I'm not sure you do either yourself or anyone any good by being an asshole to assholes.

Also I dislike judging people too harshly on how they act. I don't think people on the whole mean or realize the effect their actions might have on others. And most people are decent people when you get down to it. And people make mistakes, they can act stupidly and come across badly. I certainly do. Assuming the worst doesn't necessarily lead to the best places. I guess that's what I'm trying to get across. If you are generous, kind and friendly that's all you can do anything about, and if more people were like that, the world would be a better place.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:It strange how we almost seem scared of being happy. Because getting there requiers one to be open and voulnerable? Because one fears rejection? I don't know.. Why is life so difficult? - Blue

Reminds me of this scene from Who, beautiful writing-

MADGE: Lily and Cyril's father, my husband, is dead and they don't know yet, because if I tell them now, then Christmas will always be what took their father away from them, and no one should have to live like that. Of course, when the Christmas period is over, I shall. I don't know why I keep shouting at them.
DOCTOR: Because very time you see them happy, you remember how sad they're going to be, and it breaks your heart.
LILY [OC]: Mother, come and see!
CYRIL: Mother! You've got to see this!
DOCTOR: Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later.
CYRIL [OC]: Mother.
LILY [OC]: Mother, are you coming?
DOCTOR: The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later.

Mm, ther certainly something to not being to scared to live in the moment, and enjoy it for what it is. And being scared can probably stop you from allowng things to happen you would enjoy. It's certainly a quandry.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Everyone deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. Its like the old Highland Code, you never turn a stranger from your door or being a stranger- you judge them on how they act or what they do. Then if some baw-kicking is required its required. Nod

But you've got to give someone a chance first, as the old saying goes '
a fool and his buckie, are often the same thing!'

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 pm

halfwise wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I quite liked this.

Not true.  There are some assholes in the world who really needed to be told off at some point, and you missed the chance.  They deserved it, the world deserved it, and you flubbed it.  There is regret.

I totally agree with you on that.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Everyone deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. Its like the old Highland Code, you never turn a stranger from your door or being a stranger- you judge them on how they act or what they do. Then if some baw-kicking is required its required. Nod

Which is why the Highlands is one of the best in the world for hitchhiking I think. Of course it may be 2 hours between vehicles but you'll get there eventually, even if it's in the back of a truck full of chicken shit! Nod

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:32 pm

halfwise wrote:

Not true.  There are some assholes in the world who really needed to be told off at some point, and you missed the chance.  They deserved it, the world deserved it, and you flubbed it.  There is regret.

You know, I've found a lot of the apparent assholes in this world are practicing preemptive rejection of me on the assumption I'm going to be judging them.

I just ran into a case of this last week.  Not a story for online, but what started as a very weird and potentially dangerous situation eventually had a very positive outcome with nobody mauled by Rottweilers (especially me! Smile  )  

And that IS a problem with the true assholes -- they often have Rottweilers....or worse! pale

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 VQxJV

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Well, there's certainly some truth to that. Although, I'm not sure you do either yourself or anyone any good by being an asshole to assholes.

Also I dislike judging people too harshly on how they act. I don't think people on the whole mean or realize the effect their actions might have on others. And most people are decent people when you get down to it. And people make mistakes, they can act stupidly and come across badly. I certainly do. Assuming the worst doesn't necessarily lead to the best places. I guess that's what I'm trying to get across. If you are generous, kind and friendly that's all you can do anything about, and if more people were like that, the world would be a better place.

Many people who are acting like assholes don't realize it, and need to have it pointed out. It's best at first not to be as rude as they are, but they sometimes need it firmly pointed out that they have no right to have the world to themselves. But some will still not get it.

With Norwegians being famously restrained you may not have met so many of these people, but they are out there, and they need to be stood up to. First they need to be given a polite chance to realize they are wrong, and if they persist, they need to find out that being a jerk isn't always going to get them what they want. All too often it does...

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:28 am

'With Norwegians being famously restrained'

they probably need restraining. Once they put on those horny hats its curtains. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:59 pm

I find it funny that that's the take away impression you have from the norwegians you've met on here. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:02 pm

well you don't mess with Norclet.. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 12 Bunny%20ears_zpswnytrvff

Is this a distant relative of Halfy's ? Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Is that a rabbit or a toy poodle? Well I mean it's gotta be a rabbit based on that face, but the rest of the body looks a lot like one of those purse dogs, at least from this angle. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum