halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 7:43 pm

They all look yummy Smile Id go for the Sonora but Id leave out the avocado as I dont like it Smile

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Well the UK doesnt even get a mention, silent

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Avocadooooooo .. <3
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I would go to new York just to eat that dog.

After you've seen how they are all boiled in the same water throughout the day you'd change your mind. The south Americans do it right: crisp them up then load tons of variety on top. Some places do that around here, and nothing can compare.

Az - lone avocado is not so good, it needs to be used as a vehicle for other flavors. A good chunky guacamole is a thing of beauty. And don't be stingy with the salt.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 8:17 pm

Guacamole ? Ive tried that, liked it ! Smile
( its just avocado's as dessert Im dont like No )

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Avocadoooo on a slice of bread with salt and pepper yum<3
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 8:34 pm

This year's eurovision... Our artists were presenter with a bull penis.. Dafuq!?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Oh fuck our song is really good and unlike all the other it's fucking ON PITCH!! I am amazed..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Laughing Yep, its all kicking off, Looking forward to this Smile an evening of pure fluff !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 8:48 pm

I love this shit Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 21, 2015 8:51 pm

azriel wrote:Guacamole ? Ive tried that, liked it ! Smile
( its just avocado's as dessert Im dont like No )

Who in their right mind would use avocado as dessert?  I've heard of avocado ice cream, but that's not the way to go.  Go savory: as Norc said, ripe avocado spread on toast with salt and pepper, or guacamole with green onions and jalepeno and cilantro, or what ever but that richness is meant to carry and round out savory flavors.  And it can only stand alone if salted and peppered at the least.

And by the way, what in hell's name are you and Norc talking about?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Eurovision song contest Smile conchita is doing a great job hosting! Love her!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Its fun Halfy ! & thanks for the avocado tip Thumbs Up

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 pm

[URL=https://s1276.photobucket.com/user/azriel59/media/Opener_HauntedRoad-Optimized_zpsqa5wtciv.jpg.html]Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Opener_HauntedRoad-Optimized_zpsqa5wtciv[/UR

Bloodspoint Road in Boone County, Illinois is just one of the many haunted roads in the area which intersect each other. These roads have been the sites of many terrible events including accidents, suicides, hangings and the murder of a whole family. It is rumored that a witch in the area hung her children at an old farmhouse and although the farmhouse no longer exists, drivers have seen it in the field along side the road, only to find nothing upon inspection later. There are also sightings of children standing on the road, hand marks on cars, strange noises and lights appearing in the trees around the roads.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 3:22 am

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 ALxglVZl

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 22, 2015 4:09 am

I wonder if there was ever a time when elders felt the children were an improvement over the last generation?

I've run into enough great kids that I've decided the worry is all hooey. They have different skill sets, that's all.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 22, 2015 6:09 am

Everyone wants to believe that they live in a historically significant era. So the fabric of society is constantly breaking down, Jesus is always on the verge of coming back, other countries are forever eclipsing us, and so on. Obviously some era are historically significant but it's hard to say for sure when you're living through it because you have no idea how future historians will classify your century.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am

bungobaggins wrote:Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 ALxglVZl

There's some comfort in that Laughing

If we land people on Mars this century, I think it's safe to say it will be considered an important one. They will probably just laugh at us, though, for turning one of our greatest achievements into a reality show.

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 am

That's seems to have as much to do with human nature as anythng else, I would think. Age seems to add a vested interest in the status quo, anyway. And who doesn't like to complain. Putting something else down bigs you up, doesn't it?

It is rather ridiculous to hear people complain about the terrible music young people listen to though. Having grown up in the 90's I'm sorry to say it was always that bad, if not worse.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 12:15 pm

If I had to choose between the Hanson's or Taylor Swift, I'd pick Taylor Swift any day.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 22, 2015 12:21 pm

The 90's was the worst music decade. Nod Things have improved, not so much by new and innovative musical styles but by a deepening and synthesis of the old ones. I'm no expert on popular music by any means, but I think we are in a more eclectic and sophisticated era than we've seen in a while.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Yeah, I'm probably the least qualified to discuss popular music, but I'd say that from all the sampling that artists do now it shows a veneration of the past couple decades and will help drive the eclectic narrative when historians are writing about these years in terms of music.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 22, 2015 12:47 pm

I'd say a veneration for the last 9 decades. I see influences from the 20's and 30's.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Another factor to consider though:
It seems that every new generation has a desire to make and listen to "not-my-dad's/mom's-music." It's how all musical generations define themselves, I suspect.

But the kids of parents who grew up in the 60's and 70's had a problem. If your parents smoked pot and listened to Captain Beefheart, you're really left with nothing to rebel against.  Mad

And so an innovative solution was discovered--listen to and imitate the music of your grandparents! Nothing is better calculated to set a parent's teeth gnashing than the music they had rebelled against themselves! Twisted Evil

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:Just...................whatever [5] - Page 10 ALxglVZl

There's some comfort in that Laughing

If we land people on Mars this century, I think it's safe to say it will be considered an important one. They will probably just laugh at us, though, for turning one of our greatest achievements into a reality show.

I don't find it comforting. it means humanity is incapable of growth, our little brains are running round like a hamster on a wheel incapable of higher thought or expanding of boundaries from a narrow view of the world. its means we may be a technologically advanced race but our monkey brains are holding us back from becoming superior to our ancestors. and when I say superior I mean giving up power trips, war over bits of soil etc.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum