halfwise
Lancebloke
Bluebottle
azriel
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Empty Re: The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Never tried Buckie actually, I was too nervous to ask for it when in Scotshobbitland (Edinburgh actually! and then a mandatory trip to St. Andrews) because I felt like it was so taboo. Not sure if you're all familiar with the game Cards Against Humanity, but it's a rancorous game and Buckfast Tonic Wine was one of the cards Shocked I gave in to the better brews I encountered! Besides, nothing will ever beat my rasberry buckie, so why bother!

My computer was riddled with ads popping up everytime I visited the forum (and Netflix, which sucked!) so that's why I've been gone so long. I couldn't afford to have my laptop crash while abroad! Now that I'm home I don't care! I had a lovely time though and am happy to be back in Valinor Cool

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Empty Re: The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations

Post by bungobaggins Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Never tried Buckie actually, I was too nervous to ask for it when in Scotshobbitland

Would have been my first question when I got off the plane. Nod drunken

Welcome back!

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Welcome back, Your Maj!

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Bit late there Eldo they've been that every bloody year!! Mad

Well, you know better than anyone how much stress I have felt about this forum over the years, so I can't really say anything here. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Did you at least try some irn'bru Yer Maj? Surely Edinburgh Rock? Tablet?

As to buckie appearing in a rancorous game, sounds about the only sort of game it could appear in drunken

But I don't know whether to be relieved you are returned and you know, alive, or say  not incarcerated for drunken violence- or if I should be disappointed you came to Scotland and never tried the buckie. Not even a sip.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:54 pm

you know better than anyone how much stress I have felt about this forum over the years,- Eldo

You know my solution Eldo, bury it down deep where it fester then keep it there by drowning it in gallons of buckie until your liver gives out and you die never having to deal with any of it. Twisted Evil drunken Its the only way you when confronted by a universe of this infinite scale and complexity using a human brain the size of a small cabbage. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Did you at least try some irn'bru Yer Maj? Surely Edinburgh Rock? Tablet?

As to buckie appearing in a rancorous game, sounds about the only sort of game it could appear in drunken

But I don't know whether to be relieved you are returned and you know, alive, or say  not incarcerated for drunken violence- or if I should be disappointed you came to Scotland and never tried the buckie. Not even a sip.

I did have irn'bru I believe, but sadly there wasn't really an appropriate time to ask for Buckie. I was only there for 3 days and I was too busy hitting up the christmas market and other touristy places to ever really get risky. I do really regret it though, and I did search for it. I'd look behind bars to see if I saw any in a fridge or something. If (and when) I go back, you can bet that I will try MUCH harder to get my hands on some!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:22 pm

The buckie was never my chosen solution but I can't say I've necessarily been much healthier at certain points. No Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:33 pm

you can bet that I will try MUCH harder to get my hands on some!- Tinuviel

Honestly, it will not require much effort, from my own front door (excluding pubs) I have a choice of the local garage, local corner shop, or local supermarket all within 15 minutes walk where I could purchase it. And I'm just in a small west coast town.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:00 am

Wave hiya Tin. hope you had a good time with those Scotsweirdos. I would have given the Buckie a miss and gone for something a bit more fit for human consumption.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:31 am

Good to know I'm not the only one! Wave

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:49 am

If I ever get the chance to visit I kinda want to taste buckie but as I don't drink, I'd only have a sip, which I doubt really conveys the experience. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Wave Hello Tin.

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:22 pm

To do it authentically oyu need to drink an entire bottle in one sitting, from the bottle not a glass, and preferably in as short a time as possible without needing your stomach pumped Nod drunken

How to do it right-

How do do it wrong-

What you really shouldn't even attempt-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Better late than never Petty Smile bounce

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Buckie makes you grow hair in unmentional places that's why Scotshobbits don't need underpants.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm

What's the origin of the stuff? Why was it ever made?

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Its a Tonic Drink- it says so on the label Nod

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 10218502_zpsgcv12eba

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 pm

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Belhaven-best-bitter-rainfall-in-pints-small-61505

Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Tinuviel wrote:What's the origin of the stuff? Why was it ever made?

It really is brewed by English monks like the label says. How it became so big in Scotland I'm not sure.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:53 pm

Someone missed out the word 'naked' between the words 'Buck' and 'fast'. The Scots thought it was a sex aid and it took off from there. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Laughing I hadn't heard that one before.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Someone missed out the word 'naked' between the words 'Buck' and 'fast'. The Scots thought it was a sex aid and it took off from there. Shocked

Mmm, about the time Kilts were made mandatory for cold, chilly nights, or at least the wearing of a tablecloth. The Haggis was deemed a dangerous narcotic & heather ( nice girl ) was cross bred with Highland shep to produce either a sweet smelling ewe OR softer prickles Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Someone missed out the word 'naked' between the words 'Buck' and 'fast'. The Scots thought it was a sex aid and it took off from there. Shocked

slap laugh

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:57 pm

We were waiting so long for the Awards Ceremony, we realised it might have been a big mistake...............................

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 12 Waiting%20witches_zpsy8o0aaat

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 pm

I had almost forgotten we even did awards.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next