Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
Sinister71
21 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Music [3] - Page 18 Empty Re: Music [3]

Post by halfwise Thu May 28, 2015 5:20 pm

azriel wrote:This is fast becoming my fav piece of music at the moment Very Happy  There's also a 10 hour epic if anyone's up for it Laughing

What is that video from? That's no minor bit of CGI work.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Ah, found it. Assassin's Creed. Didn't realize how deep their world building went - very impressive. Unfortunately all I've found talks about the backstory which I don't give two figs about; I want to read about how they go about the historical recreation.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Found a video. This should probably be on the gaming thread, but hey.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat May 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Didn't think much could top this as a live version,

but this gets pretty close.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:17 pm

I like the music to this but its not just the music that hooked me, it was the detail in this video.

Music [3] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Music [3] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Classic Stranglers.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Thumbs Up

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Azriel - there are lots of games with great soundtracks. There are also lots of games with great CGI like that. Gaming is a very underrated entertainment industry when it comes to things like that.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Oh I know Lance Very Happy your right. I watch my son play sometimes as Im chatting to him & some of the work that goes into these games, you can see why a game can take years to devise. the quality is so good !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:13 pm

This song is just so pretty..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Father John Misty's advice on festival going. Razz

I bought a ticket with my girlfriend to Glastonbury and then we broke up after I caught her cheating with my best friend. What shall I do?
First and foremost, I would suggest getting better friends. Then I think you need to radically reprioritise your life. I would say give the tickets to your former best friend and the ex, and pray for a hurricane.

Is it OK to take my nine-month-old baby to a festival?

Yeah, it should be, although you should be ready to have a pretty frank discussion with your baby before you go. You need to have ground rules. It’s important to establish some meeting-up points. Also, you need to give your baby some space. It’s important that they feel that you trust them.

Festivals are really, really expensive these days. I’ve got a ticket but I can’t afford to party. Do you have any money-saving tips?

Aside from applying for a job at the festival, which might be the way to go next year, you can always forage for mushrooms. There are always naturally occuring inebriating substances. You could also forgo drinking water entirely to get that natural high. Also, most music contains frequency ranges that can have euphoric effects. I think it’s around the 0-3Hz range that decreases your awareness of the physical world. So maybe just stand really close to a sub-bass speaker.

Last year my festival experience was spoiled by someone throwing wee on my head. I went back to my tent and cried. How do I avoid the same thing happening this year?
Well, given that that is easily the most miserable, pathetic scenario I can think of, I reckon that statistically you are bound to have a marginally better time this year. There’s nowhere to go but up. And maybe stop hanging around the portable loo, wear a fucking hat, and be a man!

I never know what to take to wear at a festival. Two bikinis, a poncho and a pair of wellies seem a bit uncool. I don’t think Kendall Jenner would wear that. What would you recommend? Is she wearing both bikinis simultaneously?

That’s interesting. I would recommend wearing all of the clothes and starting a trend. Then sit back and wait until next year when Kendall Jenner is wearing exactly the same thing.

My friend’s just broken up with her boyfriend and I don’t want to spend the whole weekend consoling her and feeling bummed out. What should I do?

I think you should let your friend know your feelings, and then pretty soon you won’t have any friends to worry about.

What’s the best night for getting really drunk at a festival?

Every day at a festival is more or less indistinguishable from the day proceeding or following it. My experience of festivals is milling around in small groups, joylessly asking one another if you plan on seeing a band and being asked “How are you doing?” by acts on stage. I’d say each and every day at a festival is only improved by getting completely sloshed.

I hate cider. Can I still have fun at a festival?

If you hate cider as a thing, then I’m sorry, you are truly fucked. You can’t have it all in this life. Just avoid festivals completely.

My group of colleagues like to get really tripped out at festivals but I don’t. Can I still have fun at a festival?

There’s nothing more fun then consoling your co-worker who takes psychedelics like once a year while she’s convinced the whole world is breathing in unison and Kanye West is speaking to her directly through his music. Is it worse than a Christmas-party scenario? At least at the office Christmas party you can leave. A festival is, sort of, this liminal space where there’s this dystopian Kafka-esque reality where there’s a moratorium on common sense. It’s a waking nightmare.
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/04/should-i-take-my-baby-to-a-festival-ask-agony-uncle-father-john-misty

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:54 pm

My friend’s just broken up with her boyfriend and I don’t want to spend the whole weekend consoling her and feeling bummed out. What should I do?
I think you should let your friend know your feelings, and then pretty soon you won’t have any friends to worry about.

Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Eldo told me he wasn't familiar with Bon Iver, so I just thought I'd try to establish some context for anyone interested. Smile

"I heard.. I heard.. Tell me if this is true. Emma.. broke your heart and you retreated to this cabin.. You went to a frozen cabin, it was freezing, in the middle of somewhere, I thought it was called Bon Iver, and then you obviously lost your mind, and recorded yourself loosing your mind."

"It has ..It has.. the story has sort of manifestet into something different. So, let's just keep that as the truth. It's a little simpler than that."

Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:58 pm

I can't get over how much their frontman looks like some of the guys I went to college with.

I will try giving some of their stuff more of a listen, though. Intriguing.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:19 am

some guys i went to school with just now released a single. please check it out i promised to share the shit out of it Smile
https://www.facebook.com/setonescap?fref=photo
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Every band should have a fan like you. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Eldorion wrote:I can't get over how much their frontman looks like some of the guys I went to college with.

I will try giving some of their stuff more of a listen, though.  Intriguing.

Obviously people like different things. So, I'm not claiming it as something universally great, but I've come to really like it.

The first album, For Emma Forever Ago, is very singer songwriter-ee. And he did actually record it in a frozen cabin in Wisconsin, after breaking up with a girl caled Emma, pretty much all on his own. It's very simple and rustic, but it captures a real nerve and feeling. As Jimmy Fallon said, it's the kind of album you put on, pour yourself a glass of wine and ball your eyes out. I always liked this quote Justin, the front man, gave about it.

"Emma isn't a person,” Vernon told the audience. “Emma is a place that you get stuck in. Emma is a pain that you can't erase."

These are probably my favourites from that album.

Betwen the first and second album he made like an ep thing. Whuch was also where the song he and Kanye collaborated on came from. Kanye is quoted as saying he particularily liked his use of autotune. Anyway here's a song I really like form that ep.

Kanye collboration.

Original.

The second album, which won a grammy, was a lot more ambitious. Both instrumentally and production wise. He added a lot of musicians, including a pedal steel player, and it's really interesting sound wise. Also it includes some of my favourite songs.  

That became a lot longer than I meant it to be, but there's some places to start at least. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:04 am

Was listening to those videos a bit earlier. It sounds different from anything that I'm familiar with, but it's pretty cool. I liked "Perth" a lot.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 pm

Perth is my favourite too. Very Happy It's certainly very different, particularily the falsetto approach. I guess I never thought about that much, as I always felt it worked so well. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Norc wrote:some guys i went to school with just now released a single. please check it out i promised to share the shit out of it Smile
https://www.facebook.com/setonescap?fref=photo

Well, I listened to it. And thought it was pretty cool. Smile

Probably easiest place to listen to it.

https://soundcloud.com/setonescap/waitfortheother

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Eldorion wrote:Was listening to those videos a bit earlier.  It sounds different from anything that I'm familiar with, but it's pretty cool.  I liked "Perth" a lot.

Btw, talking Perth, you might find these covers interesting. Smile

Bluebottle wrote:Didn't think much could top this as a live version,

but this gets pretty close.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Great stuff. Thanks for all the links, Blue. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:30 pm

No worries. It's fun that you like them.  Smile  I'm kind of turning my brother onto Bon Iver too. Well, Perth in particular actually. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:11 pm

I find it really impressive that an 11 minute pop song can leave you wanting more.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Whenever I think I've found a favourite song on this album, I find a new one.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next