The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

+11
Forest Shepherd
Sinister71
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
Tinuviel
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
azriel
malickfan
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How do you feel about PJ's Tolkien Adaptations (hopefully) coming to an end?

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting108%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 8% 
[ 4 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting1020%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 20% 
[ 10 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting1010%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 10% 
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting104%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 4% 
[ 2 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting1010%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 10% 
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting1016%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 16% 
[ 8 ]
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting104%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 4% 
[ 2 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting108%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Voting10 8% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 49

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Empty Re: The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Yup all the best Sin. You sure deserve a break (thats the good sort of break I mean!).

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Empty Re: The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:best of luck Sin Kissing  back pain is a pain in the bum. maybe after a bit you could do a bit of swimming, its good to get you moving again because theres no pressure on your spine, but ask your doctor before you do anything. I have vertibrae problems too so I know how you are feeling believe me.

Thanks Figgs, the one vertebrae is crumbling apart so they got no choice but to removed it unless I want to live in extreme pain the rest of my life. Although with all the tests I have had, they said there are no more signs of the cancer I had removed (along with part of my stomach) a couple years ago. Which I guess is a good thing.

Swimming is the one thing they told me would be great for recovery, thankfully I have a gym membership where they have a big pool Very Happy soI am all set there

well thats good news that you are clear. I know when they fuse the vertibrae you will have a bit less movement, but they probably told you that, it will probably take a bit to get used to it. I suppose it depends on exactly where in your back the vertibrae is they are fusing. My problem is near the tail bone, so it means no more doing the Twist, but I am more a slow waltz kinda gal, so its cool. Its my bodies way of telling me to stop doing crazy stuff and chill out more, also cool.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:best of luck Sin Kissing  back pain is a pain in the bum. maybe after a bit you could do a bit of swimming, its good to get you moving again because theres no pressure on your spine, but ask your doctor before you do anything. I have vertibrae problems too so I know how you are feeling believe me.

Thanks Figgs, the one vertebrae is crumbling apart so they got no choice but to removed it unless I want to live in extreme pain the rest of my life. Although with all the tests I have had, they said there are no more signs of the cancer I had removed (along with part of my stomach) a couple years ago. Which I guess is a good thing.

Swimming is the one thing they told me would be great for recovery, thankfully I have a gym membership where they have a big pool Very Happy soI am all set there

well thats good news that you are clear. I know when they fuse the vertibrae you will have a bit less movement, but they probably told you that, it will probably take a bit to get used to it. I suppose it depends on exactly where in your back the vertibrae is they are fusing. My problem is near the tail bone, so it means no more doing the Twist, but I am more a slow waltz kinda gal, so its cool. Its my bodies way of telling me to stop doing crazy stuff and chill out more, also cool.

its the L5 S1 area of my spine

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:00 pm

so, the poll is close, on relieved & conflicted. not much in it so far.

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Sinister71 wrote:

Just saw this. I had my L5 fused after falling out of a tree (I flew into it, backwards...but that's another story).

Anyway, yes, the first few weeks are painful...mainly uncomfortable when you are lying flat on your back, but it can get, uh...memorable when you have to pull yourself up for little unescapable duties.

My advice is that except for shopping for food the first 2 weeks, don't let anybody help you. You need to have no choice but to fight through the pain, because even the littlest bit of exercise is crucial to the speed of your recovery. By the end of the third week I was hobbling with crutches close to a mile to buy food...it was painful but made all the difference in the world. My doctor told me I was one of the very few patients who wouldn't need physical therapy to recover.

As the years pass the only thing that will remain is you really have to work hard if you want to touch your toes. If you're cool with that you may be looking at a complete recovery. Don't know your age, but I was about 40 when it happened - so you don't have to be a young thing to recover.

Oh, for the first couple of weeks comic books are about right for your concentration level. And I mean the funny ones that only take 15 seconds to read, not the long storybook ones. They can do a lot to keep up your spirits. For the first few days especially, Calvin and Hobbes may be your lifeline.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Calvin and Hobbes may be your lifeline.- Halfy

Has been for me in the past Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:57 pm

halfwise wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

Just saw this.  I had my L5 fused after falling out of a tree (I flew into it, backwards...but that's another story).

Anyway, yes, the first few weeks are painful...mainly uncomfortable when you are lying flat on your back, but it can get, uh...memorable when you have to pull yourself up for little unescapable duties.

My advice is that except for shopping for food the first 2 weeks, don't let anybody help you.  You need to have no choice but to fight through the pain, because even the littlest bit of exercise is crucial to the speed of your recovery.  By the end of the third week I was hobbling with crutches close to a mile to buy food...it was painful but made all the difference in the world.  My doctor told me I was one of the very few patients who wouldn't need physical therapy to recover.

As the years pass the only thing that will remain is you really have to work hard if you want to touch your toes.  If you're cool with that you may be looking at a complete recovery.  Don't know your age, but I was about 40 when it happened - so you don't have to be a young thing to recover.

Oh, for the first couple of weeks comic books are about right for your concentration level.  And I mean the funny ones that only take 15 seconds to read, not the long storybook ones.  They can do a lot to keep up your spirits.  For the first few days especially, Calvin and Hobbes may be your lifeline.

thats good advice Halfy. its true, the less you do, the less you can do, its a Vicious trycycle. Obviously at the beginning you need a decent period for recovery, you need to rest up, but once healed you need to get moving even if to hobble to the shops like halfy said. A good thing I found is those neoprene back braces that sportsmen/weightlifters wear, they are light and comfortable and they support your back, I wear one every day otherwise I feel like I am going to split in half, but since I started wearing them I can pretty much get about normally and bending down to stroke a cat doesnt mean two months in bed rolling in agony. so thats a bonus.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:59 pm

halfwise wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

Just saw this.  I had my L5 fused after falling out of a tree (I flew into it, backwards...but that's another story).

My advice is that except for shopping for food the first 2 weeks, don't let anybody help you.  You need to have no choice but to fight through the pain, because even the littlest bit of exercise is crucial to the speed of your recovery.  By the end of the third week I was hobbling with crutches close to a mile to buy food...it was painful but made all the difference in the world.  My doctor told me I was one of the very few patients who wouldn't need physical therapy to recover.

As the years pass the only thing that will remain is you really have to work hard if you want to touch your toes.  If you're cool with that you may be looking at a complete recovery.  Don't know your age, but I was about 40 when it happened - so you don't have to be a young thing to recover.

Oh, for the first couple of weeks comic books are about right for your concentration level.  And I mean the funny ones that only take 15 seconds to read, not the long storybook ones.  They can do a lot to keep up your spirits.  For the first few days especially, Calvin and Hobbes may be your lifeline.

Thanks halfy I'm 43 now... so we'll see how I do. from what I've been told the pain will be gone almost immediately. with the way they do these surgeries now. Only thing that creeps me out is they go through the front to get to the back. Then sew up the front, flip you over, open the back put in the rods and screws the sew you up again and its done...Not really a fan of that idea. THANK GOD I will be out for this

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:02 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
halfwise wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

thats good advice Halfy. its true, the less you do, the less you can do, its a Vicious trycycle. Obviously at the beginning you need a decent period for recovery, you need to rest up, but once healed you need to get moving even if to hobble to the shops like halfy said. A good thing I found is those neoprene back braces that sportsmen/weightlifters wear, they are light and comfortable and they support your back, I wear one every day otherwise I feel like I am going to split in half, but since I started wearing them I can pretty much get about normally and bending down to stroke a cat doesnt mean two months in bed rolling in agony. so thats a bonus.

Oh I already have a back brace it cost 1500 American dollars too Shocked Shocked Shocked I have worn it a few times to get it "formed" to my back. The closer it gets the more nervous pale and scared affraid I get to be honest... I just want to wake up with it all over.

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 am

I'll believe the pain is almost gone immediately when you pop back and tell me.  Suspect   They just don't want to scare you, I'm thinking.

On the other hand, it makes some sense with that surgical advance of coming through the front: the pain came from the fact that they basically had to peel apart the skin of my back from tailbone nearly to shoulderblades just to get at one vertebrae.  The tummy is much squishier, probably don't have to do as much separation.

As for the back brace, I was given the choice between back brace and surgery. Despite the pain, the surgery is worth it. It's amazing the things they can do - just look at the advance they made in the decade between my surgery and yours. Go for it - once they start wheeling you through the halls on that hospital gurney, the die is cast.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:12 am

Sinister71 wrote: The closer it gets the more nervous pale and scared  affraid  I get to be honest... I just want to wake up with it all over.

Best of luck Sin! Yeah, the waiting sucks because there's nothing you can do. Once the surgery's over you'll be in charge again. That alone feels so much better. cheers

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 UJpDi The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 3 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:15 am

it'll be fine, just think of your body like its your car, needs a bit of a tweeking and poking to get it running smoothly. But its made out of meat, its a meat transport system, once you get your head round thats all our bodies are, you realize the only important bit is the mind. I find that makes things easier, but then, I am not very normal. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:15 am

The closer it gets the more nervous and scared I get to be honest- Sin

Well thats to be expected Sin. Nought wrong with that. I'd be more worried if you werent.
But as they say there is nothing brave about doing something that doesnt scare you, so you win my brave award for the year.
And fortune favours the bold. You are doing the right thing- a period of pain and inconvenience then back to a pain free life, or a future of constant pain. Its not really a choice, but that makes it no less scary to make. And you no less brave for making it. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 am

And think of this: coming out of surgery, you feel 90 years old. Every day after that you feel a year younger!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:40 am

halfwise wrote:And think of this: coming out of surgery, you feel 90 years old.  Every day after that you feel a year younger!

That is what I'm hoping for Thumbs Up

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:12 am

I made a choice to separate the books from the movies, just as I did for Sherlock Holmes, otherwise I would just hate them both intensely. And to my relief and surprise I really enjoyed them both in their own setting. And the work Peter did is overwhelming and gave us a tremendous look into that world as he saw it. It did not need to be my way or the highway. And so I thank him for years of dedicated hard work to make a world for us to share that he dreamed up. His work is no more annoying or depressing then the people who did Sherlock Holmes. For me no one but Jeremy and Charles can evoke Sherlock and Mycroft, period. But the other two I have grown to love as two characters that stand on their own
And if they would not have taken the time, spent the money, gone years without a proper break, I would never have know you all and that alone makes me stand up and applaud him.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:07 am

I would never have know you all and that alone makes me stand up and applaud him.- leelee

Thats the best thing to come of this whole debacle, possibly the only thing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 pm

All the Best Sin!

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:27 pm

azriel wrote:so, the poll is close, on relieved & conflicted. not much in it so far.

Relieved has taken the lead so far, though conflicted is catching up (as it is multi choice it is kinda hard to pick a clear winner) fast...I get the impression most people are secretly (or openly in Petty's case) glad it's coming to an end, but as it is the last one pinning their hopes on enjoying it (or pretending to) just because it's the last one, I certainly don't expect to get teary eyed at the end...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I do, with crabbit rage Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I do, with crabbit rage Evil or Very Mad

Laughing What will you do if someone mistakes it for sadness or tears of joy?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:39 pm

"Dont tempt me Frodo !!"

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:41 pm

What will you do if someone mistakes it for sadness or tears of joy?- Malick

I dont think there is much chance of that happening, what between the loud swearing and the chewing up the cinema seats Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
I dont think there is much chance of that happening, what between the loud swearing...

Is that odd behavior for a Scottish cinema screening?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:54 pm

I think tears in my eyes at the end of The Hobbit will be confused with the pins Ive stuck in !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next