The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

+11
Forest Shepherd
Sinister71
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
Tinuviel
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
azriel
malickfan
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How do you feel about PJ's Tolkien Adaptations (hopefully) coming to an end?

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting108%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 8% 
[ 4 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting1020%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 20% 
[ 10 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting1010%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 10% 
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting104%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 4% 
[ 2 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting1010%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 10% 
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting1016%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 16% 
[ 8 ]
[ 5 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting104%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 4% 
[ 2 ]
The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting108%The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Voting10 8% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 49

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm

azriel wrote:No

Laughing Nod

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Empty Re: The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll)

Post by azriel Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Very Happy Kissing

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm feeling a little more conflicted add the hype builds because one of the things I looked forward to most about the Hobbit movies was getting to be part of the fandom during the movie release cycle, since I was too young during LOTR. But this was expected since I got excited for AUJ and DOS too even once it became evident that they would disappoint.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm a wee bit more excited (which is a terrible thing because I know I'll be disappointed) but I can't help but feel kind of sad when I think about next Christmas and how there will (most likely) never be a Middle Earth film again. The Hobbit was always a possibility, so I never really was upset, plus there was plenty more for me to read still back in 2008/9. It just seems like the world of Tolkien will get a little bit smaller simply because it's cultural popularity will ebb away again as it did post LOTR.

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I remember in Bree before AUJ came out everyone was excitedly discussing every crumb of info that was coming out, from a Dwarven belt design to a set detail seen from a mile off by some nerd with megaphotonlense, everything was pored over in minute detail. those were the days when all seemed happy and hopeful. I remember happily discussing Laketown roof Tiles and Elven furniture, oh happy innocence where are you now? Sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:16 pm

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Hobbittrivia_zps09b9a073

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:17 pm

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 Endofhobbit_zps9761925a

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:54 pm

The End Is (Almost) Nigh (probably)! (poll) - Page 2 T67XgWS

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Ah, that's a good point. To what end.

Hard to say without knowing.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:36 am

Eldorion wrote:Bungo had to take some time off to deal with a family matter.

Now that you bring it up, Mrs Figg hasn't posted for about three and a half days.  Hopefully she's just got something going on this weekend. Smile

damn nobody missed me?!? Shocked   Suspect  F You F You F You  slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh  oh well I'm popping in for a bit here and there.I'll be gone for a while I'm having spinal surgery beginning of next week, 3 or 4 days in the hospital. NOT my idea of fun Evil or Very Mad
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:48 am

We always miss you Sin, but a bit like wizards you come and go at your own timing so folks probably aren't sure when your just busy and when your absent.

But we will all be thinking of you with your upcoming surgery. Best of luck, our wishes are with you. Thumbs Up

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:56 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:We always miss you Sin, but a bit like wizards you come and go at your own timing so folks probably aren't sure when your just busy and when your absent.

But we will all be thinking of you with your upcoming surgery. Best of luck, our wishes are with you. Thumbs Up

That's true Petty, I was trying to make it more regular but with getting ready for the surgery. I get busy and with all the meds I'm taking for pain I sleep a heck of a lot. Once the surgery is done and I'm off the meds I will probably be more regular till I have to go back to work
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:57 am

Best of luck, Sin. You'll be in my thoughts.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:30 am

Good luck, Sin!

:hug:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:01 am

Very best wishes Sin ! Hope it goes well & your feeling better soon Nod flower

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks guys. My spirits are good when I'm not medicated, then I just sleep pale But with the pain in my back, I'm not medicated very often anymore. Once they remove and replace the damaged vertebrae and fuse my spine with rods and screws (OUCH at the thought) I should be feeling better in days according to my Dr. it will just be the healing process which will take, I've been told 6 to 8 weeks but heard its more like 4 to 6 months. Once I'm not taking so many meds I'll be around on a regular basis

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:14 am

Coolios, hopefully they can trundle your hospital bed into the theatre for BotFA!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Sinister71 wrote:I'll be gone for a while I'm having spinal surgery beginning of next week, 3 or 4 days in the hospital

Best wishes for your surgery Sin Smile Thumbs Up :hug:

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Coolios, hopefully they can trundle your hospital bed into the theatre for BotFA!

I'll only be in the hospital a few days Forest, I will however have a nice cane for beating people Handbag with in the theater. or might get beaten myself once Thorin, Kili and Fili die and I stand up and yell WHOOO HOOOO!!!! in a happy voice while doing the happy dance.... cheers

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Sinister71 wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:Coolios, hopefully they can trundle your hospital bed into the theatre for BotFA!

I will however have a nice cane for beating people Handbag  with in the theater. or might get beaten myself once Thorin, Kili and Fili die and I stand up and yell WHOOO HOOOO!!!! in a happy voice while doing the happy dance.... cheers  

I remember once on TORn, I innocently posted I wouldn't be very upset when movie Thorin bites the dust...I got about 8 replies from Middle Aged ladies having an argument over how lovely Armitage's Hair was (I am actually being serious!), they apparently decided to ignore the fact not everyone was madly in love with Jackson's layered and tragic annoying take on Thorin and decided to spend their valuable time (and using valuable space on a discussion Forum) disusing how upset they would be when his nice clean hair got all dirty, I wouldn't have minded if their wasn't already hundreds of Threads on the subject Rolling Eyes

Makes me glad I wasn't around for the Legolas craze...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Back in the day, several LOTR forums actually set aside entire dedicated sub-forums to Legolas and Aragorn fangirling and banned "discussion" of how hot the characters and/or actors were on the rest of the site because of how out of hand it got.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Eldorion wrote:Back in the day, several LOTR forums actually set aside entire dedicated sub-forums to Legolas and Aragorn fangirling and banned "discussion" of how hot the characters and/or actors were on the rest of the site because of how out of hand it got.

Evil or Very Mad Just imagine if they did the same to Feanor...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 pm

best of luck Sin Kissing back pain is a pain in the bum. maybe after a bit you could do a bit of swimming, its good to get you moving again because theres no pressure on your spine, but ask your doctor before you do anything. I have vertibrae problems too so I know how you are feeling believe me.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:best of luck Sin Kissing  back pain is a pain in the bum. maybe after a bit you could do a bit of swimming, its good to get you moving again because theres no pressure on your spine, but ask your doctor before you do anything. I have vertibrae problems too so I know how you are feeling believe me.

Thanks Figgs, the one vertebrae is crumbling apart so they got no choice but to removed it unless I want to live in extreme pain the rest of my life. Although with all the tests I have had, they said there are no more signs of the cancer I had removed (along with part of my stomach) a couple years ago. Which I guess is a good thing.

Swimming is the one thing they told me would be great for recovery, thankfully I have a gym membership where they have a big pool Very Happy soI am all set there

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Oooo-eee, Shocked Even more best wishes to you Sinny ! Lets hope after this bad health leaves you alone & you can enjoy life ! Hey, just thought, ask the anesthetist to wack up the gas, might give you temporary amnesia ? you can forget the stinking Hobbit film exists ! you'll feel so much better ! {{{ let me know if that works, then iL throw myself under a bus, which Im certain to do if forced to watch this crap ! }}}

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next