Mrs Figg
azriel
Eldorion
halfwise
bungobaggins
25 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:56 am

Personally I think this one looks pretty good

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [3]

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:51 am

I have zero expectations for Seventh Son (especially given all its delays), and I'll need to hear some really phenomenal things about it to even consider spending money to go see it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:40 pm

I'll let you know, I plan on seeing it, that and Jupiter Rising. The only film I ever had expectations for was the Hobbit... Unfortunately

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 pm

The Seventh Son isn't out yet? I thought that was filmed about four years ago...

I watched the Star Wars Holiday Special... confused affraid

It wasn't unenjoyable in a 'What the Hell were they smoking/thinking' kinda way, but was hilariously sh*t, badly paced, badly directed, horribly acted, confusing, and frankly utterly stupid at points ('Hey I've got an Idea, let's have a crossdressing Alien TV chef teach the Wookies how to cook, that screams Star Wars!' 'Great!, but make sure there are no Subtitles for the Wookies it wouldn't be as fun if we could understand what they were saying...'), it's no wonder even Lucas has disowned it.

All that said I did enjoy it Laughing

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:16 pm

I rewatched 'Life of Pi' the other day. Good film. Tonight I might watch 'Lone Survivor' with Mark Wahlberg. Smile

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:20 pm

azriel wrote:Tonight I might watch 'Lone Survivor' with Mark Wahlberg. Smile

I watched that a couple of weeks ago, 6/10 in my book a run of the mill war film I.M.O, the action scenes are shot rather well, and Walhberg (and Taylor 'Everything I'm in Flops!' Kitsch surprisingly) give quite good lead performances for the genre, but it's nothing memorable (not syaing it;s bad just forgettable) and the film dosen't shy away from gore (or cliches...).

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Mmm, much as I thought Malick, I was wondering if it was a run of the mill, 'get caught by gun wielding baddies, come out the hero with scars on yer face' type of film ? But, my daughter liked it & I said Id give it a go Wink

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Seventh Son comes out here in the states February 6th from what I just seen on a TV spot for it

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:35 am

Eldorion wrote:I have zero expectations for Seventh Son (especially given all its delays), and I'll need to hear some really phenomenal things about it to even consider spending money to go see it.

I'm with you on that one, Eldo. However, it might be fun to watch in a MST3K fashion. Laughing

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Wolf Hall is out on BBC tv next Wednesday it looks interesting.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:22 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:57 am

I just finished watching Night Crawler starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Very suspenseful; a good disturbing thriller about independent news gathering agencies (think TMZ but more focused local, violent events than celebrities). I'd recommend not watching any trailers or clips before you see the movie.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nightcrawler/

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:43 am

I watched "The Guard" with Brendan Gleeson. Its a typically Irish film about an Irish policeman &a drugs bust so you get all the fecking swearing Smile  Ive got a bit of a soft spot for Gleeson & this film was actually good. It all came together at the end & summed it up. Don Cheadle is the black American FBI guy that is brought into help & theres plenty of banter between Cheadle & Gleeson. Its not a blockbuster, more Arthouse but its enjoyable for its simplicity.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by duncandisorderly Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Maleficent, with Angelina Jolie surprised me. It told the Sleeping Beauty story from a new perspective. Assumed it wouldn't be anything special. But, the twist in the plot worked, it was a genuinely touching story, despite being made by Disney.

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 pm

The Interview is available on US Netflix, and I watched it this morning. I was surprised that I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is no masterpiece of cinema, but it is definitely something different with enjoyable moments. It's too bad it didn't get a wide release in cinemas. I'm really fascinated with the whole North/South Korea situation, and I've been to South Korea before and the DMZ. It's a place and subject that, while rather sad and serious, really piques my interest.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:13 pm

I am watching the Fargo series. Martin Freeman is great.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:27 pm

I really liked that one too, Figgs. Hope you enjoy it. Smile

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:55 am

yeah Billy Bob Thornton and Freeman are a hoot. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Watched "The imitation Game". It was sad. But I think Alan Turing's life was sad. I dont think the film dealt to deeply with a whole array of subjects, it felt glossed over really but, it did touch on how underrated they treated Alan. Benedrip Cracklesmudge played it very well I thought, he really is a very fine actor indeed. I dunno, it only took Her Maj how many years to pardon him, 50 or so ? He deserved better.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm

"Benedrip Cracklesmudge"

These nicknames keep getting better and better lol!  I liked the movie too, very entertaining. I don't know much about Alan Turing's life and person other than the fact that he was the genious who broke the code, so I can't say how accurately he was portrayed. Excellent performance by "Cracklesmudge", though Very Happy

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Laughing Yes Ringo, we must keep this tradition alive,by jingo Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

I've heard good things about The Guard, and I enjoyed both Gleeson and Cunningham in other films from my Irish cinema binge a while back, so I'll have to give that one a try. Smile Don Cheadle is great too.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:25 pm

I was going to watch American Sniper since I heard others saying good things about it.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Watch out for fake baby! Very Happy

Seen any good films lately? [3] - Page 12 American_Sniper_fake_baby.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:49 am

I think I'm going to see American Sniper because I'm curious is the controversy over it is as off-point as the controversy over Zero Dark Thirty.

Also, it's going to be the first R-rated #1 movie of a calendar year (since it's technically a 2014 movie) since Shaving Ryan's Privates in 1998, and possibly the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time. Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next