azriel
Bluebottle
Ringdrotten
RA
Norc
23 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2]

Post by azriel Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 am

when he asks for his berries back Laughing

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:58 am

So, no trolls. And no cream. I do get how people could get confused.  Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:08 pm

So, no trolls.- Blue

A likely stroy. We know the truth about Fjordia, its got loads of trolls other wise what the buggery is Ringdrotten doing with his time?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Surely only the threat of imminent troll conquest could be important enough to draw Ringo away from the equally important task of posting on here. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Oh, you know - you finally get one, only to see another two pop out of nowhere. And all for this bloody trollkrem. I sometimes roam the fjords and mountains of our great country on my never-ending quest (it's like chasing the rabbit, really, only I'm chasing trolls instead), contemplating my life and its purpose, ask questions to nobody, and I sing this song:

Though I find myself singing more about trolls than cattle..

'Tis a lonesome life, that of the Trollhunter

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 am

Thankyou Ringdrotten I knew it was all true- my faith in Fjordianland is renewed! cheers

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:25 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So, no trolls.- Blue

A likely stroy. We know the truth about Fjordia, its got loads of trolls other wise what the buggery is Ringdrotten doing with his time?

No trolls and no cream in the troll cream. Wink It's not strange you people got confused.

As for the general troll propensity.. Yeah, I think Ringo's got that well in hand. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:07 am

Hey people. I already posted a topic (whoops) but I thought I'd had better introduce myself here. I live in Australia, I study archaeology and I've always had an abiding love for Tolkien's works.

As it is, I can't stand that Hobbit film adaptations, and I fortuitously stumbled across this site yesterday after I had been looking at critiques of the films. I'm so sad I hadn't known about it sooner! But there you go...
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 am

I said this in the other thread already, but welcome to Forumshire, THA!  Let me know if you mind being called that, btw.  Most people on here end up with abbreviations/nicknames pretty quickly, but names are important, so let us know if you have a preference. Smile

I'm glad you came across the site.  I'm sure things will slow down for a lot of forums once the final film is done, but we've diversified pretty well into a wide variety of topics, so I hope you'll find other discussions that spark your interest.  I noticed you already brought up anime films elsewhere. Nod I've tried to get other people here to watch anime with me, and while Petty was pretty receptive to Cowboy Bebop, others (particularly Halfwise Kissing) have been rather resistant to the medium. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 am

Haha, THA is totally fine. I call myself a transhumanist so there's that, and I was trying to think of cool combinations. I thought TranshumanAngel kinda captures the whole notion of 'perfecting' or at the very least improving, humanity, but it is also ambiguous. But yes, I'm not a pedant by any stretch of the imagination so THA is totally cool.
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:47 am

Helloooooo-eeee Wave

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) [2] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:27 am

Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by TranshumanAngel Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:52 am

What a Face
TranshumanAngel
TranshumanAngel
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:02 pm

kinda captures the whole notion of 'perfecting' or at the very least improving, humanity- THA

Have you tried drinking buckie? Nod drunken drunken drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Eldorion wrote: I noticed you already brought up anime films elsewhere. Nod I've tried to get other people here to watch anime with me, and while Petty was pretty receptive to Cowboy Bebop, others (particularly Halfwise Kissing) have been rather resistant to the medium. Razz

Huh, what? I'm resistant to hip-hop, not anime. Anime's pretty darn cute.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Would you be willing to watch a hip hop anime then? Very Happy I can recommend a couple offhand.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Neutral that I may indeed be somewhat resistant to. But depends on the style of hip-hop.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:02 pm

How about independent instrumental hip hop with a strong jazz base. A mix of Japanese and American artists, with vocalists of both languages, though many tracks have no lyrics to then.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:08 pm

That sounds more promising. My main objection to hip-hop has been the vocal delivery of the most popular styles.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:01 pm

TranshumanAngel wrote:Hey people. I already posted a topic (whoops) but I thought I'd had better introduce myself here. I live in Australia, I study archaeology and I've always had an abiding love for Tolkien's works.

Wave Welcome to Forumshire! You actually reminded me, I've been posting here about a year and I never formally introduced myself...

As it is, I can't stand that Hobbit film adaptationsyou'll fit in well around here Nod , and I fortuitously stumbled across this site yesterday after I had been looking at critiques of the films. I'm so sad I hadn't known about it sooner! But there you go...I was in the same boat a year ago, but you soon get used to the place, hopefully it will be a fortunate 'stumbling' for you!, hopefully you decide to stick around, feel free to jump in with any thoughts, or threads of your own.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 am

TranshumanAngel wrote:Haha, THA is totally fine. I call myself a transhumanist so there's that, and I was trying to think of cool combinations. I thought TranshumanAngel kinda captures the whole notion of 'perfecting' or at the very least improving, humanity, but it is also ambiguous. But yes, I'm not a pedant by any stretch of the imagination so THA is totally cool.

Transel. I'll be calling you Transel. "THA" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:01 am

halfwise wrote:That sounds more promising.  My main objection to hip-hop has been the vocal delivery of the most popular styles.  

I don't know how you'll feel about the opening song, but you might find the soundtrack of Samurai Champloo somewhat more to your liking.  It's not the cutest show out there, but the female lead is pretty cute. Razz I might post some of my favorite tracks here or in the music thread.

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:18 am

Also, this is traditional Okinawan music rather than hip hop, but it's too good not to include:

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 am

You're right, I wasn't exactly wild about the opening song. Enjoyed the show, though. Not sure how you call the following three tracks you selected hip-hop, but the Okinawan music puts all the other other stuff to shame, in my opinion. That's just great music.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:44 am

Hip hop's got a lot of diversity man, especially the instrumental stuff.

The Okinawan song is probably my favorite from the show, though there are a few songs by the guys who worked on the soundtrack from their other work that I just as much.

Thanks for giving it a shot! Very Happy Champloo is actually one of the only anime series I've managed to get family members to watch and enjoy; I'm glad you liked it as well. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next