Norc
bungobaggins
azriel
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
10 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Roll to Dodge! - Page 13 Empty Re: Roll to Dodge!

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Laughing Laughing

Roll to Dodge! - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Roll to Dodge! - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:10 am

Seriously painful!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Pokey Tongue
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Spoiler:

Roll to Dodge! - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:12 pm

It would be nice to update, but the game is currently drifting through the doldrums.
Mrs. Figg keeps using Spoiler boxes incorrectly and confusing me and Petty has yet to update because he's been busy lately.
Shrugging
oh well.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Patient young Forest! Patience! Some of us need to get our buckie levels right before deciding our next move.

As to Figg, well you know what she is like about rules- she is aware they exist but assumes they are there for other peoples benefit. Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Perhaps your next move should be to get your buckie levels right. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Can I just reiterate for those who may have missed it: you could just report to the police station (as you were meant to the first day you arrived) as your action for this morning.
It's not that hard!
Mad Mad Mad Mad

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:42 pm

Spoiler:

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Nice! Thanks Petty. Razz

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:29 pm

Spoiler:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I don't know what to do!

Mrs. Figg started it all off and now Azriel as well, instead of putting up an action of some kind that they want to do, is simply writing down what their character does for the particular time of day! Mad
(Well, Azriel is mostly alright on that score; she's like a halfway point between the two standards.)

But otherwise it's like we're on two different pages about this, and it's troubling for me as all I want to do is manage the game in a lively and entertaining fashion, enjoying whatever strange requests you put in and detailing the results with disastrous or intriguing results.

If what I actually have to do is read what your character did for that time of day, how it went, and what the results were, then I'm left with nothing to do at all! Unless I wish to simply ignore whatever you say happened and colour in the details I want to have happened; and that is not what I want to do in the least, as I feel bad about railroading over your contributions.
Anyway, I'm going to update, be done in an hour (or longer who knows). Smile

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Round 4
Roll to Dodge! - Page 13 Waller+Hugh+Paton+-+In+the+Devon+Valley+near+Dollar+-+After+Rain+1874

Thursday Morning:
Mr. Crumblebuckie Only:

Lady Rose Only:

Ringo Only:

Marigold Scroggins Only:

Here's the map of the area again, for reference:
Buningca-haye:

For Ringo and Marigold Only!
Police Report of the Murder:

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:42 pm

I do like the map Very Happy
Are you feeling better Forest ? Wink You did seem a tad........strained ? Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks! {{{Although the map has been on page 15 for a long time now: makes me suspect people didn't read the rules after all!}}}

Emotionally I was fine of course, it's not like we're discussing Doctor Who or something!
I was just a bit frustrated that our RtD was going so slowly of late with its bumpy start.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:32 pm

sorry Forest, I dont think I understood the rules of this game. Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:07 am

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:15 am

Mrs Figg wrote:sorry Forest, I dont think I understood the rules of this game. Embarassed
study
That's alright Figgster, the rules are only important so far as they help it be fun. All I'm asking is for complete creative control over everything you do at all times anywhere ever!   Twisted Evil      ...in the game that is.

No not really. It's like they say, rules for a game are only important so long as they help to make the game more fun. As long as we can have a simple back-and-forth on the action -> results from now on things will go swimmingly. Wink

P.S.
Petty:
Spoiler:

P.S.
I had two long-ass days of work in a row, and so I haven't had time to add the murder details yet. Sorry!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 am

I have run into this problem before Forest when DMing folk new to role playing games. The rules of what the player does and what is up to the DM to decide are not as obvious or as clear cut as it may seem to those of us who have been playing a long time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Weeell, I added the Sergeants report of the murder details for Ringo and Marigold to the previous page.
Sorry about the wait, it took a while for me to get my notes back and get back into the idea of the game. Feel free to post your next action. It's midday Thursday and the sun has come out from behind the clouds to warm the wet and dripping countryside.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Spoiler:
Ive lost bloody track of this Laughing Is this day or night ? Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:27 pm

Oh yeah, sorry Very Happy its mid-day on thursday :facepalm:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:29 pm

azriel wrote:Oh yeah, sorry Very Happy  its mid-day on thursday :facepalm:
I was going to say. Razz
But yes, it's no wonder we've both lost track of things. I nearly forgot the name of the guy who was murdered!

Out of curiosity, and because I am slightly concerned, you do know Azriel that I added a description of Ashby Duchesne's death on the previous page?
It's at the bottom of "Round 4."
Here to help!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next