+4
halfwise
Bluebottle
Pettytyrant101
Norc
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

what can be done about poverty? - Page 5 Empty Re: what can be done about poverty?

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:30 pm

I think studying literature is great for your own entertainment but as a career path...I dunno, best stick with music.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

what can be done about poverty? - Page 5 Empty Re: what can be done about poverty?

Post by Norc Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm

yeah.. cus music is so much more reliable Rolling Eyes

i could try to get a bachelor or a master degree or something, and then have ped on top and become a teacher in (what am i in now, college?!) that's pretty well paid, although work hours O_O dear lord.. one has to be dedicated for sure.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Or if you're serious about it you can be a researcher. Shrugging  One of my friends is that in Trondheim now. I don't think it's all that well paid however.

It can be quite fun. Nod  Nordisk is a lot of language as well, though. Allmenn Litteraturvitenskap just the literature.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:46 pm

And, yeah, I agree. Being a school teacher requires a lot of dedication.

And it's great when you have a good one, like you seem to have.  Nod 

Last edited by Bluebottle on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:47 pm

Your life is a mess while school is in session, but you get nice vacations.  But yeah, you have to be pretty dedicated to the concept of being a teacher.

Other than teaching there's not much you can do with a literature degree, and I'm not sure it helps or hurts if you plan to become a writer.

At least people will pay to listen to you play or pick up a CD.  How many people will pay for a book of literary analysis?  (Okay, we pay for Tolkien analysis, but that's more for his world than anything else.)

And being a musician is sexy. Being a literary critic? Um...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 pm

my teacher is great, one of the good ones :nod:young and very dedicated :Dand she knows a lot, although she hasn't read LTR :shock:i might have to convince her Laughing

i find history and litterature very interesting, so maybe i'll get some sort of degree there :Dmaybe i can be boht, isn't that sexy? musician and literary bewandered person Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum