Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Norc
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the olympics  - Page 3 Empty Re: the olympics

Post by azriel Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:53 pm

OMG ! If that is true !!?? This was a good time for Russia to shake off its dark, sinister background but, this will only intrench it deeper. The Russian autonomy  have always been extreme, even their own people live in fear & dont like or trust their own Government but this will only do more harm. Putin is one guy Ive always been very wary of.

the olympics  - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

the olympics  - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Whenever I see pics of him with animals, he may be smiling but, I think 'when's he gonna eat that one ?!'. He's got an unnerving face, cold eyes.

the olympics  - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

the olympics  - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:05 pm

what are u on about Az? animals?

the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo9_r1_500the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo1_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo5_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo2_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo4_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo3_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo6_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo7_1280the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0ldm0N1Kp1qewacoo8_r1_1280
i wonder what u are supposed to use water for if u can't put it on your face.. i mean, if your face can't handle it, i wouldn't drink it... and i wouldn't bath in it... i don't think i'd brush my teeth in something that could be dangerous for the face..

maybe wash the dishes... wait?.. that can't be healthy either, cus you'll be eating of it.. and u can't do laundry .. obv... because you're wearing clothes..

maybe wash your floors with the water.. but don't u have hotel personell for that?

why the hell have water in the hotel room then...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Not flushing paper down the toilet is common in many places with small pipes. But at least the water can be used for that!

As for the fires in Ozhobbitstan, we often have the same problem over here: people work hard to put out fires, and you end up with lots of unburned wood building up. So when it happens, it's an inferno that nobody is adequately equipped to deal with. Scary.

Controlled burning has become popular in the last couple of decades, in fact when I was working with some atmospheric aerosol people, they had folks in the forest service they could call up for scientific field campaigns. "You want a forest fire? Just tell us when you are ready and we'll give you a location." But it can't help but be heart wrenching even if it's planned and under control.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:21 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Great. Laughing  I saw that earlier.

As far as I remember, from Michael Palins travels series going through Russia, the big issue was always finding bathplugs. As all the hotels had baths, but almost non of them bathplugs and they were almost impossible to find in the stores.  Laughing 

Good to hear you're doing alright, Orwell. And that you're putting in an effort. Those bushfires really scares me. And I've only really heard about them through Ross Noble.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09 pm

That was fun. I'll have to look Brooker up on other topics.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Love Brooker. lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:32 pm

His coverage of the US elections was highly entertaining and is piece on 24hour rolling news too.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:So I will accept your modesty as that. But I still appreciate what folk like you do when the rest of us are running about panicking demanding someone else fix everything.

Modesty?  Shocked ... ....  Mad  I do remember telling you I had just got back from work when I last posted --- I was full of adrenalin, Petty - that's my excuse - I certainly am never modest on purpose. I hope folk here know that! Shocked 

Just out of bed and read back through my two last posts last night. I remember back to when I thought emergency services folk were kind of super human and/or super brave, but I've been in my job for about twenty four years now, and all I see nowadays is human beings mostly doing what they have always done in a crisis. There would have been thousands of folk out doing their bit to help each other, not just employees and volunteer emergency workers, but also people from the general populace helping wherever they can like I know humans (and hobbits) almost always do. These big disasters can bring out the best in people, with it only bringing out the worse in a minority. The way people pull together at these times actually reaffirms my view that most of humanity are at heart a fellowship if we are allowed to live and let live. Kings and various other ideological megalomiacs however often wreck it for everyone, because we hobbits have another thing about us, a weakness for following both secular and superstitionist saviours - usually into the heart of darkness. Oh I'm just thinking of Putin, his Olympics and his Neanderthal thinking on Gays.......  Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:08 pm

I certainly am never modest on purpose. I hope folk here know that- Orwell

You have restored my faith- now I know you did in fact fight the fires single-handed strolling into the bush with nothing more than a pair of speedos and a long hose!  Very Happy 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Good to hear you're doing alright, Orwell. And that you're putting in an effort. Those bushfires really scares me. And I've only really heard about them through Ross Noble.  

I reckon fire is alluring and helpful when in our control, but I deeply fear it when it escapes and shows acts out it's true desire.  pale

Last edited by Orwell on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I certainly am never modest on purpose. I hope folk here know that- Orwell

You have restored my faith- now I know you did in fact fight the fires single-handed strolling into the bush with nothing more than a pair of speedos and a long hose!  Very Happy 

Funny you should say that. I walked into the control room in my speedoes, remembering old times - ready to be sent out to fight the fires personally if needed - and I was told we Ozhobbits don't do that anymore. We have to have equipment and proper clothing and machinery and fire hoses and a planned response. Our derring do - so natural to the Ozhobbit nature - has now been suborned by Politcal Correctness. You see (apparently), other countries complained we were too strong and muscly and brave and incredibly handsome, and that we must now treat all you foreigners as equals. What? Suspect We can't expect you foreigners to all be natural born heroes like we Ozhobbits, so what do we do: we downgrade, Petty! Shrugging We downgrade our natural attributes to make you all feel a bit better about yourselves... Diplomacy they call it! scratch ... Downgrade, Petty!  Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Youre never short of a length of hose in a kilt  Nod 

Sadly we Scotshoobit are not good with natural fires as it turns out pouring buckie on them doesnt in fact help at all!  Mad 

(On the plus side we generally only have to wait for five minutes till the torrential rain turns up and puts it out  Very Happy )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Youre never short of a length of hose in a kilt  Nod 

Sadly we Scotshoobit are not good with natural fires as it turns out pouring buckie on them doesnt in fact help at all!  Mad 

(On the plus side we generally only have to wait for five minutes till the torrential rain turns up and puts it out  Very Happy )

Our fires usually burn out naturally. During bushfires our fire fighters help save buildings where they can (and people of course!) and do a great job, but bushfires pretty much know no human master.

As to even suggesting you'd use buckie to put out a fire... only a mad Scotshobbbit would waste good (or bad) buckie, surely!  Shocked 

{{{Oh and as to the Winter Olympics - I can reveal that we're not allowed to be good at Winter sports. Pretty much for the reasons I gave in my last post. I know you're a foreigner, Petty, but as you clearly are a subservient admirer of your betters (both as an individual and a Race), I feel I can tell you that. If more foreigners knew the truth they'd only get upset. Remember what I said about diplomacy? (Btw you do seem to have a long history of subservice to greater folk - the English being one example - though why, I'll never know! Fancy feeling lesser than the English?  Shocked ) As I said, please don't tell anyone I'm telling you this, as most foreigners do seem to get upset when we Ozhobbits tell them how good we are. It's a mystery to me why.  Shrugging}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:17 pm

only a mad Scotshobbbit would waste good (or bad) buckie, surely!- Orwell

Its all we ever have to hand  Shrugging 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:56 am

are u guys actually talking about the olympics, or have u norced the thread? Suspect 

the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0qvdjAGED1sfft36o1_500
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm

Somehow they seem to have managed to do both.. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 am

Very Happy 

If a hot women never notices all the things guys do to impress her, did it really happen?

I was gonna be super blown away Norway was dominating the Olympics, until I realized it was the winter Olympics. Of course.  Rolling Eyes 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 am

I should add with respect to the video, deep down, guys know they got nothing.

(If we had looks, a reasonable personality or moral fortitude there's be no antics. But most of us are running on empty. Laughing )

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Norc wrote:are u guys actually talking about the olympics, or have u norced the thread? Suspect 

the olympics  - Page 3 Tumblr_n0qvdjAGED1sfft36o1_500

Not really getting the 'you had one job' bit, but the score isn't too bad. Smile

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:35 pm

the olympics  - Page 3 JcwUkLd

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Amarië wrote:Not really getting the 'you had one job' bit, but the score isn't too bad. Smile

Look at the flags and then the names next to them. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Aaaaah... Some of us didn't get much sleep last night. But he did get the important one right, so in my book he/she succeeded.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum