Pettytyrant101
Tinuviel
Norc
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the olympics  - Page 2 Empty Re: the olympics

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Norc wrote:did u guys know that australias first gold medal in the winter olympics is this? i can't stop laughing!!! 

he was dead last the entire time and only won because everyone els fell !!! omg.. i am dying with laughter!

That was even more entertaining than the women's roller derby I occasionally go to watch, where a body count is part of the game.

Did you catch the guy in red laying face down clutching his ass?  Razz 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:10 pm

The lads then? Any hot objectifying pics of them, or have mister P kept all those to himself?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:11 pm

Laughing One has to wonder about Putin, those who protest the loudest and all that! And all those pics he has taken of himself topless in the wilds are pretty much like a gay calendar.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Bikinis and skimpy underwear and winter sports? One could say something. Something related to exposure perhaps. Shrugging 

Brrr.

Last edited by Bluebottle on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:13 pm

What I don't understand is why curling would attract such athletic looking women.  This side of the atlantic it's mainly the province of old pot bellied men, with young teenage boys doing the sweeping.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:15 pm

If all curlers looked like that there certainly wouldnt be a shortage of teenagers wanting to sweep!

Curling is big here too and we have some good womens teams, dont remember ever seeing them like that though!  Shocked 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:19 pm

the olympics  - Page 2 Brrrr

I think that pretty much sums it up. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Mr Bradbury thought: "So the faster you go the more likely you are to fall over. Well, I can stay upright on ice - with a few days of practice. Excellent. I'm going to enter and bring home the Gold. Ha! Ha! We Ozhobbits usually prefer to win at sports that require ability, hard work and determination, but if it just requires Grade Two intelligence to win... well, then... And they call the Winter Olympcs a Sports Meet! A Sports Meet...  Laughing "

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:36 pm

And I  thought Ozhobbits had a sense of humour...  slap laugh

(As a form of entertainment employing Russian girls, well, yes -- but an actual Sport?  Shrugging )

Bradbury accepts his Trophy for Irreverence to Foreign Sports Oscars ... Melbourne Comedy Festival....

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Curling is great, can't wait to watch our guys play Very Happy

Here's one for the hockey fans Smile

the olympics  - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Ice Boxing. Shocked Now that sounds like a real sport. cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Why do I get the feeling Australians are ever only 30 seconds away from a half mile dash or a cricket match.  Laughing

And now ice as well. Shocked  You're certainly a very seminal people when it comes to this sport business, Orwell.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Well they are descended from people who had to be able to run quickly, fight in short sharp bursts, and nimbly scramble up pipes and over rooftops- criminals.  Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 am

Bluebottle wrote:Why do I get the feeling Australians are ever only 30 seconds away from a half mile dash or a cricket match.  Laughing

And now ice as well. Shocked  You're certainly a very seminal people when it comes to this sport business, Orwell.

Not just stealing pigs, Petty as we speak the car is packed because of a large grass fire across the highway from me and we're ready to break land speed records to get out of here. Mind, we're quick on foot too. Will take my car 'cause I'm on standby to called in to our Police Bushfire Command Centre. Ironic! Some of us with Criminal ancestry are working for other side! (That's the Non-Criminals side - though it could be a moot point with some people.  Very Happy )

Sport in a land of bushfires, floods, storms, earthquakes and a myriad of man poisoning and man eating creatures breeds sporty types, methinks. You think we're sporty because we're thick heads - no we are very intelligent in the survival game and good sports skills certainly help in that regard. Nod Sport is seriously only a part time thing here. When you see an Aussie Rules  footballer flying high over the pack to take a screamer, we're not cheering the sporting achievement, we're saying, that guy will jump over any sudden fire - or taipan (snake) {{{or prison wall}}}.   Very Happy

We're such excellent survivors (cum sportsmen) that I can even post confidently in Forumshire, trusting in my life time of sports training on top of my born-with intuition, while the countryside is burning not far away. Sporting nuts? Ha! Foo! Survival experts!

(If we ever decided to deal with ice and snow disasters, gives us two weeks, and we'd have lockers full of Olympic Medals in the relevant sports. Mr Bradbury proved that.  Nod )

Last edited by Orwell on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:30 am

I hope it doesn't come to you having to escape in your car, Orwell! Shocked Be safe!

the olympics  - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:33 am

Oh you were posting while I was adding more wisdom to to my last post. But be rest assured - all is well at the moment - and thanks for asking. Fire App on. Radio on. Sky being watched. Cheers.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 am

Take care of yourself Orwell  Nod - otherwise whats the bloody point of me berating your nation if you've selfishly got burnt to a crisp and cant be offended by it!!  Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:49 am

Alls well (I hope!)

Quick vid. Might mention gum trees are like pine trees except I suspect they burn better. Fires can run at about 80k's around here in the wind, so we'll keep an eye out, but things seem okay.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 am

Glad to see you are safe and well Orwell. {{{keep it that way!}}

But your country seems to consist of firewood and tinder!  Shocked (are kangaroos flammable?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks Petty all is well in my neck of the tinder-woods. I'm not sure if roos are flammable but many of the poor buggers will have been incinerated today and this evening. The worst weather and fire conditions since five years ago when many many people died.There have been some fatalities this time we think, I don't know how many yet, but at least I know the emergency response has been far better this time round. I worked the radios back then and it was quite chaotic. I got called in and ended up working the radio again - deja vu - when I was meant to be dealing with phone calls. Funny how it all comes back. Like riding a bike really. Just got home - it's 1.30am here. I got called in at 6pm yesterday. I'm in such a cushy job nowadays and it might sound a bit strange, but I miss my time in Police Communications dealing with the big stuff. I am mad though, every one knows that.  Very Happy Nonetheless I feel very sorry as always about all the folk who will have died and all the lost houses and all the pets and stock destroyed. Bushfires are sent by the Devil I'm sure. This place is like a tinderbox this time of the year. Thanks again for your concern. Cheers. {{You might tell that the adrenalin is still bubbling. Always the way. No way I'll sleep much tonight.}}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Im so sorry to hear people have lost their lives.
But you can take heart that your efforts will have saved plenty too.
So for what its worth from the other side of the world, thankyou for what you do- we need people like you wherever they are in the world.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks Petty. I must admit though, the guys out fighting the fires and doing all the related coal face emergency stuff are the ones who should get the accolades. I know from experience you don't always get it - though I guess people are usually positive about emergency service employees and volunteers, so I hope I don't sound too negative.

It's pretty safe sitting up in an office btw talking on a radio, and easy enough too when there is a heap of cops doing all the logistics, white boards, evacuation plans and that kind of thing.

I've been out there for a lot of years during my career, but nowadays I prefer it out of the firelight. Getting old you know. Actually, that's not totally true. (The old bit is!) I sometimes miss being out and about at the coal face because it can be challenging and kind of exciting even while you wish it wasn't all happening. I suppose you at least know you're alive when your life is (potentially) at risk. I guess there's a bit of the adrenalin junkie is all emergency workers.

Btw - I don't know of anyone who died working a radio -- except maybe of old age.

(When I left home after getting called in I didn't neglect to tell my Missus that I would be in the office and safe. She had a discernable look of relief. Sobering. Sometimes it can be hard for loved ones).

Anyway, thanks again for thinking of me.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 pm

I don't know of anyone who died working a radio- Orwell

You could spill your buckie on it and get electrocuted!  affraid 

But in these sort of emergency efforts success always come down to the team- all the parts working together, some parts are more at direct risk of life threatening danger than others thats true, but you need it all to be working together to succeed.

So I will accept your modesty as that. But I still appreciate what folk like you do when the rest of us are running about panicking demanding someone else fix everything.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:30 pm

Im not a sporty person so, I havnt really been reading this thread but, OOh-er Orwell  Shocked Its pleasing that you & your family are ok & safe ! Nothing you can do about the others, which is so sad. One can just do the best you can, I think you can live with yourself, MAYBE, if you know, above all else, you pushed out the boat & did all you could ? Everyone has their part to play, as Petty says & he's right. One person cannot be a super God & save the world on his own. It takes many people to pull together. But your quite the quiet Samaritan are'nt you ? I mean, you dont brag or boast or ram it in peoples faces ! Well done you Orwell & glad you & yours are safe.

the olympics  - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

the olympics  - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 pm

ok. so i am mostly the first in line to laugh when something goes wrong live on the telly, it could be newsankers fucking it up, camera failings etc. etc., and i did find the olympic rings amusing and especially when they tried excusing it. but this is not funny.
the olympics  - Page 2 Tumblr_n0pi05dI1F1ri2ia3o1_500
the olympics  - Page 2 ZvklvI7
Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum