halfwise
Norc
Pettytyrant101
Radaghast
Eldorion
28 posters

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

Go down

The General Tolkien News Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The General Tolkien News Thread

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:30 am

got me dragging out my Hammond and Scull you did - hunted through until I found Gandalf getting the trolls turned to stone. Zoomed in.

The General Tolkien News Thread - Page 37 Gandal10

Well, I'd say he very possibly doesn't have any nose fluff. Not totally clear, but wouldn't rule it out.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

The General Tolkien News Thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The General Tolkien News Thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:00 am

{{ I remember it seeming quite good when I was about 14 and into D&D and had Frank Frazetta posters on my bedroomon my wall. As I say its an interesitng film, not a good film, if only for it being a chance to see Frazetta's work animated as he drew all the character designs. And it occasionally rises above its material on the animation side, in particular the fight in the fog, the one on one fight with the bad ice guy and the SW trench run rip off climax on the dragons (also love the music in that scene) but the actual plot and characters come across as also written by a 14 year old who is going through a D&D phase and has Frazetta posters on their bedroom wall. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 am

{{ Def no nose hair.

The General Tolkien News Thread - Page 37 Capture

Which interestingly means the Russian illustration of Gandalf is probably closest to Tolkiens own. }}

The General Tolkien News Thread - Page 37 The-Hobbit-1976-Soviet-16

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldorion.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37