this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project.

+4
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Ally
Norc
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Empty this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project.

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 am

you're welcome Iris ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Empty Re: this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project.

Post by Ally Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 pm

That's a hard question.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Empty Re: this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project.

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Who? scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 pm

No, thats the First Question.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Could be the question the answer to which is 42?
{{{{And nice to know Eldo that even though you dont watch Who I have made the refrences unavoidable to you! Very Happy}}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:02 pm

I think I missed the begining of this Rolling Eyes

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:14 pm

Its a zen thread Azriel- it has no beginning and probably no end.
And if it falls over it may or not make a noise if no one is around to hear it. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:17 pm

irca joined some time ago, though she hasn't been a regular, she had a swag-frodo as an avatar. she has this school project and she wanted to ask me for help, i said yes of course, but i also said that if she wants different views and more in depth knowledge of tolkien and his work she should come here and ask some questions, because i am sure some of you know something and maybe it'll lead to some fun discussion. I made the thread for her cus she didn't know how. I am curious how long it'll take her to log on and start with the project or if it'll be last minute Wink

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

You mean there really is a question?! Shocked And a project?! Shocked

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

i think so yes xD
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:20 pm

you see how encouriging i am to get her to do really well on this, am i not sweet Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

I had a girlfriend called Isis once.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 pm

AH ! one of those ! Ever decreasing circles Nod
A Zen master visiting New York City goes up to a hot dog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything."

The hot dog vendor fixes a hot dog and hands it to the Zen master, who pays with a $20 bill. The vendor puts the bill in the cash box and closes it.

"Excuse me, but where's my change?" asks the Zen master.

"O my brother," says the vendor, "change comes from within."

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

this is irca's thread, she wants to ask question about tolkien for a school project. Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 pm

lol! Azriel.

"i think so yes xD"- Norc

Thats a very zen answer Norc. Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:31 pm

i called her, she's having a five minute presentation about Tolkien. any fun facts? apart from what you can easily congure up on the interwebz?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:32 pm

lol!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm

lol?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:42 pm

Tolkien once went 30 years without watching TV.

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:24 pm

well one of his relatives have done extra work in the films, I think it was his great grandson or something he was a ranger from Ithilien .
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:06 pm

guys, please i want her to get a good impression of u, be serious.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 pm

You need to give us (or me at least) more info Norc- what ort of information- is a presention on Tolkien? On his works? Does it include other books like Sil? What about HoME? Is she looking for info on characters? Themes? languages?
Its a broad subject Tolkien!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:02 pm

i don't know, it's not my project xD i guess all of the above, but mainly on tolkiens life and work, so yes, other books as well i guess. you'll just have to wait till she pops in.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Do you know irca IRL or something?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm

Kjære vene, gå til www.planet-tolkien.com.

Oh yes, I said it!

Norc wrote:guys, please i want her to get a good impression of u, be serious.

lol!

Eldorion wrote:Do you know irca IRL or something?
:facepalm:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next