Mrs Figg
Norc
Tinuviel
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DOS Soundtrack Mystery Empty DOS Soundtrack Mystery

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:13 am

Ok, mystery might be dramatic, but the last song on the soundtrack, "Beyond the Forest" is definitely NOT in the film. It's the last song on the soundtrack and it's all of the elf themes, and knowing the film ended with Smaug, I'm confused as to why that was added? I didn't stay for all the credits any of the times I saw it (I flicked of the screen once when it said PJ's name Twisted Evil )so I don't know if it played after "I see fire." Any thoughts on this??

DOS Soundtrack Mystery Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

DOS Soundtrack Mystery Empty Re: DOS Soundtrack Mystery

Post by Norc Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE I SEE FIRE SONG!! BEST THING ABOUT THE MOVIE!!! I HAVE LISTENED TO IT NON-STOP!!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:04 pm

I like Beyond the Forest song a lot, but I dont think it was used?  scratch I didnt stay for the end of the film so I may have missed it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 pm

I didn't stick around either, but I recall reading somewhere that it played after "I See Fire" over the credits, but I can't find where I read that offhand. Based on its position in the soundtrack that seems logical, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 am

Beyond the Forest plays right after I See Fire in the credits.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:27 am

question answered  Very Happy  Did you stay for all the credits Bungo???

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:23 pm

No, I've never done that for a movie. I have the soundtrack and I downloaded the latest torrent of DOS (the first DVD rip) and it has the entire end credit sequence, so I just compared them.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:26 pm

I will say that Howard Shore's score for DOS deserves a much better film to go with it.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:29 pm

I just remembered I said I should comment on the theme song that plays when the film ends when I'd watched the film. Didn't want to spoil anything. I completely forgot about the song in my hurry to get out and home, the film was so shitty. I guess I'll have to listen to it without watching the film first after all Laughing

DOS Soundtrack Mystery Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Do you mean the song by Ed Sheeran?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm

As far as I See Fire goes, I like the song, but it doesn't work at the end of the movie for me. What song would work at the end of such an awful film?

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Yup, I think that's the one. Listening to it now.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Well, the song isn't bad in itself, but the lyrics sound like they were written by Boyens and Walsh themselves. Jesus.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Well, Ed Sheeran wrote the song right after seeing the movie. Pretty sure Boyens and Walsh weren't even involved.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Then I guess he's excused - the lyrics are very much in style of what we saw in the film, so no wonder the song tunred out the way it did if he saw the film first.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Yeah, he included Stupid Thorin's line "If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together."

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Not one lyric in that song has anything to do with Bilbo, so that should go to show EVERYONE that there's something wrong with this film being called the Hobbit  Evil or Very Mad 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 pm

But I agree Ringo, this soundtrack is really well done and unique from Lord of the Rings. It seemed to me that there was an eastern theme associated with most of the tracks, seeing as how we are in the East of middle earth.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:46 pm

I quite like I see fire.  Nod 

Though I did have a thing for Sheeran before. For a pop sensation he does write some very good songs, and that's the kind of thing that appeals to me in an artist.

And some great performances like with Elton John at the Grammies.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 am

I always stay for the end-credits! Unless the music playing over them is particularly horrendous and annoying. You'd be surprised how many movies have bad end-credit music.

Some of my favourites are: Looper, The New World, LotR obviously, An American Werewolf in London and Repo Men.

Edit: Also, if you don't watch the credits you miss out on details like filming locations, and various film-making details. If a director actually cares about the credits I believe they will oversee their production, but often the job seems to fall to a third-party company specializing in that work.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:43 am

I usually watch them too, but this time I couldn't have cared less about film and credits, or more about getting out asap Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:54 am

The ending of DOS was like a feeling of being unclean, a feeling of not wanting to be seen in the theater (even if you were surrounded by complete strangers), a feeling that I had to get out as fast as possible.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

I wrote a review about the soundtrack for my company shortly after I'd seen the film and I couldn't help but make some remarks about the movie itself as well. I said something about "Feast of Starlight" (which in my opinion is a beautiful song - but sadly it always makes me think of Tauriel): something like that "the non-existence of Tauriel would have greatly improved the movie" and stuff like that and actually one customer got pretty worked up about that and nearly started yelling at me when I dared to say that Legolas and Tauriel had ruined the film (in my opinion).
I guess it was a Legolas fan and I'd really put my foot in it with this comment...Neutral 

But besides that I love the soundtrack! Especially "Beyond the forest" Very Happy 
I also like "I see fire", but I don't think it's nearly as good and haunting as "Song of the Lonely Mountain" by Neil Flinn, which can be heard during the end credits of AUJ.

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 am

Beyond the Forest is becoming my favorite track on the entire album. Girion, Lord of Dale is a close second, though.  Smile 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:36 am

Semiramis wrote:I wrote a review about the soundtrack for my company shortly after I'd seen the film and I couldn't help but make some remarks about the movie itself as well. I said something about "Feast of Starlight" (which in my opinion is a beautiful song - but sadly it always makes me think of Tauriel): something like that "the non-existence of Tauriel would have greatly improved the movie" and stuff like that and actually one customer got pretty worked up about that and nearly started yelling at me when I dared to say that Legolas and Tauriel had ruined the film (in my opinion).
I guess it was a Legolas fan and I'd really put my foot in it with this comment...Neutral 

Was it Philipa Boyens? Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next