Pettytyrant101
Norc
Eldorion
18 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 Empty Re: Sherlock - BBC [3]

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 4977b1356b2934c2c802313abb9165b8a79f0b3aba7e38dc8f2076c85e3a0f55

Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:37 pm

I think Petty and I will have to agree not to mention Moffat in each others company. It alway happens like this, somebody will comment on Who/Sherlock whatever, I give my opinion about Moffat as a writer, as is my right as a member of the forum, Petty takes it personally and gets a dig in against me, then I get a dig in against him and so it goes on until it gets nasty. Basically I am not allowed to have a negative opinion against Moffat without ultimately getting insulted personally further on down the road. So maybe it means I can no longer be able comment on at least 2 threads, because I WILL give my opinion, just as Petty is allowed to give his opinion about PJ/LOTR I should be able to give mine about the Moffat/Gattis dream team. But if I cant because degenerating into nastyness is the end result, and if I feel that people are just letting it happen, and/or watching my reasonable opinions getting thrown back in my face, then FUCK IT, I refuse to EVER contribute to certain threads again. if its so so horrible for all you sensitive petals then I will restrict myself to talking about The Hobbit as we all agree about it, theres no danger my opinion will offend anyone.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:47 pm

actually I have better things to be doing than taking this shit every time I have an opinion, so fuck it. I quit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Well, I for one think that would be a shame Figg.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:13 pm

It would be a loss to the Forum if you stopped posting here, Julia, but I'd definitely understand if you did.  Personal arguments with people you respect and like just aren't worth it.  I have several good friends that I don't discuss politics with for exactly the same reason.

You're exactly right about Moffat and the other Who writers being a third rail for discussions.  We've all sort of tacitly agreed that poking sticks at Peter Jackson is an acceptable sport in Forumshire, especially if it's done with wit.  

But it seems to me Petty takes the honor of Moffat and others very seriously, and in his way is can take an attack on Moffat as personally as anybody on that other forum can bristle at an attack on PJ.

That's his right of course, and it can lead to some excellent discussions from time to time. And it's the right of the other citizens here to chime in when we think the discussions are getting too heated. The beauty of Forumshire is that nobody gets banned for these disagreements.

Last edited by David H on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:14 pm

??
"But if I cant because degenerating into nastyness is the end result, and if I feel that people are just letting it happen, and/or watching my reasonable opinions getting thrown back in my face.."

People express their opinions, sometimes agreeing with you, sometimes not. It's nobody's job to back up other people's opinions.  

But after watching it get personal too many times we are chiming in and saying 'enough'.  And once we finally come in and say 'enough' (which seems to be what you want) why get upset now?

((But Petty's wrong anyway, the episode was totally sub-par.))

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:actually I have better things to be doing than taking this shit every time I have an opinion, so fuck it. I quit.

Don't leave me!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:I try not to be personal but once it starts it tends to escalate, heckles go up-such is human nature. Figgs and I rub each other up the wrong way on a lot of subjects, thats just how it is. I am big enough and certainly old and drunk enough to take it and Im sure Figg can handle a bit of rough and tumble. Yeah she can drive me crazy at times as I do her, even make me genuinely cross so I respond in like, but then you cant ever get genuinely cross at someone you dont also genuinely care about and respect.

You two's antics poisons the well for anyone else to try to jump in and participate in the discussion, though, and makes the whole thread unpleasant to read through much less post in.  IMO, of course.

While I wasn't hovering over the toilet I did find time to watch the new episode. But from the looks of it I'd just rather not comment. You're right Eldo, it does poison the well, and I don't want to read the posts I missed in this thread.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 pm

" that other forum " - David

Laughing

I've got a good friend too that I can't discuss certains things with; it always ends ugly, even if we always manage to repair things afterwards somehow.

And I agree with what David says about Forumshire - this place is as real as it can be on any medium that's not the real world, you don't get banned for having the same discussions you would have in person, and that's a good thing. I'm hoping you rejoin us eventually Figg, as you have done before, because you've become a big part of this place and I wouldn't want to be one of very few left to love the LotR trilogy Wink

Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:49 pm

I am getting deja vu Rolling Eyes can we please avoid discsussions becoming ugly? Like, we all have strong opinions and we have to respect that.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 pm

All I can say is: thank God that doctor Who no longer has the Ponds hanging around. I don't think the forum could survive both new Sherlock AND Pond episodes.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:16 pm

.... Yeah..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 pm

Amarië wrote:..... both new Sherlock AND Pond episodes.

pale 
 Sofa 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Was I here for that?  scratch 

I kind of want to see it now.

Probably one of those be carefull what you wish for moments though.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Norc wrote:
the thing is... we didn't really get any answer.. we can choose to believe what Sherlock told anderson, or, as anderson, not believe it. and you pretty much have the same reaction as Anderson. And i think moffat and gatiss knew they couldn't please everyone. i think it was clever anyway.

Only to bring the thread moderately back on topic.

I really liked that too. Nod  It gets that way when you have a massive build up and such a long wait. Almost impossible to live up too. It's quite clever to leave it ambiguous like that.

Still, for people who feel in need of closure I guess it can be equally infuriating. Laughing

Actually come to think of it and to be fair to Allen Davies he was kind of right. If one believes that solution that is. Laughing

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-26/alan-davies-jonathan-creek-solved-the-mystery-of-sherlocks-fall

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 pm

I liked that the episode poked fun at the obsessive nature of fandom. Shrugging

From creating their own outlandish theories (that whole fanclub), to assuming things about the relationship of Watson and Sherlock (their supposed gay relationship).

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Norc wrote:maybe they just co-wrote the ep, blue Shrugging

also, donovan is back in next ep Very Happy

Hey, back to the important questions (which I asked and then was ignored due to flying brickbats) - why does anyone care about Donovan? Is it just because she's the best at directing sarcasm at Sherlock?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:56 pm

I dunno, but she is a string female character, even though she carries a grudge towards sherlok. I mean she did stand up to her boss even thoughs she probably knew how je would feel about it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 How_he10
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 am

screenshot i wanted to share with you Very Happy 
Sherlock - BBC [3] - Page 18 Sherlo12
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 pm

what?WHAT ?! HOLY WHAT??!!there is more Sherlock for you britsh already?! LIKE TONIGHT?! OMG! omg.. i am not yet over "TEH"!! -- i have to wait another week! I HAVE TO WAIT TO FRIDAY!!! you have another episode TONIGHT!!! so unfair..

butt fuck it.. 
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

all i can think of. sherlockians.. we have a wedding to go to Very Happy put on your finest hat and attend Very Happy (oh, nevermind, i already have..)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

also. if someone want to knit this for me i'de be forever grateful..
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/deduction-game-chullo
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:43 pm

HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL IT IS AVAILABLE ON BBC IPLAYER?? GUYS!!! !!!

bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:47 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next