Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
leelee
19 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

CUISINE - Page 2 Empty Re: CUISINE

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:02 pm

I largely existed on cheese on toast and packs of noodles in my student days. Not so keen on noddles now but still love some cheese on toast Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah, I found living alone greatly improves your cooking as you actually have to eat what you make if you don't want to go hungry and you don't want it to taste like ass. Now I've been cooking all my meals for a while, and I keep finding new things to add to keep it interesting Very Happy

CUISINE - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 pm

really? i thought it just made it even more crap...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:42 pm

I've been practicing cooking more lately.  Fortunately my family has been good about suffering through the results, though they swear its not suffering. Razz My favorite dish to try so far has been a pasta with white sauce with bacon.  My mom also makes a red sauce with bacon but I haven't tried to do that one yet.  Being the pasta-adorer that I am, it's neat to be able to make it myself.  My biggest issue with cooking has always been confidence; I tend to get really nervous and make dumb mistakes as a result of freaking out, which creates a negative feedback loop.  But I've been better with that lately.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:49 pm

You should try this dish if you're really into pasta Eldo:

It's quite easy to make and tastes wonderfull.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:57 pm

That looks delicious!  I wonder if my mom has tried it; her family is Italian and she spent a couple summers in Italy as a kid.  For better or worse though, we seem to have followed the three-generation model of immigration pretty closely, so I'm fairly removed from my Italian roots apart from a love of the food. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah, I've made it a couple of times and it's really tasty.

You're part italian? That's nice. Must be great to have that connection if you ever want to go there in later life even if it's not part of your everyday life now. It really strikes me as a wonderfull culture.

As to the food program they actually made two series if you were interested in some more food inspiration or some glimpses of Italy.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 pm

itaaaliaaan foooood 
        CUISINE - Page 2 Famous-characters-Troll-face-Sweet-Jesus-Face-139452
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Eldorion wrote:I've been practicing cooking more lately.  Fortunately my family has been good about suffering through the results, though they swear its not suffering. :PMy favorite dish to try so far has been a pasta with white sauce with bacon.  My mom also makes a red sauce with bacon but I haven't tried to do that one yet.  Being the pasta-adorer that I am, it's neat to be able to make it myself.  My biggest issue with cooking has always been confidence; I tend to get really nervous and make dumb mistakes as a result of freaking out, which creates a negative feedback loop.  But I've been better with that lately.
u trottle on! you'll make a good cook in the end. and if you're feeling low spirited.. humm this song (and alter the text if you feel like it e.g. "I'll make a chef out of you")
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Yeah, I've made it a couple of times and it's really tasty.

You're part italian? That's nice. Must be great to have that connection if you ever want to go there in later life even if it's not part of your everyday life now. It really strikes me as a wonderfull culture.

As to the food program they actually made two series if you were interested in some more food inspiration or some glimpses of Italy.

Isnt the guy on the right the chap who invented Slow Food? scratch 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Yeah, I've made it a couple of times and it's really tasty.

I went to Italy when I was five for a family wedding, although I don't remember very much of it, naturally.  My uncle on my mom's side goes back there pretty frequently but unfortunately it's beyond our means right now.  I'd love to go back one day, although there are lot of places in Europe I want to see. Laughing

Thanks! Very Happy I really enjoyed the two hosts and was doing a bit of peeking around on the related YouTube videos.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Norc wrote:u trottle on! you'll make a good cook in the end. and if you're feeling low spirited.. humm this song (and alter the text if you feel like it e.g. "I'll make a chef out of you")
Does that mean what I think it means? Suspect

Urban Dictionary wrote:trottle: its a term for a skank or a whore from way back when. your grandma probably used it
And that song is applicable to so many situations. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:59 pm

lol! 

CUISINE - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:01 pm

trottle... maybe i was thinking of throttle... scratch
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:02 pm

I love you too, sweetie! Kissing

{{{Go do your physics homework! Mad}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
Isnt the guy on the right the chap who invented Slow Food? scratch 
Yeah, it's Antonio Carluccio, which I guess you're refering to, and Gennaro Contaldo. They're both quite famous chefs in Brittain as far as I'm aware. Jamie Oliver worked first for Antonio and then for Gennaro before he ended up on television.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Eldorion wrote:I love you too, sweetie! Kissing

{{{Go do your physics homework! Mad}}}
Yeeeeeees Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Thanks! :DI really enjoyed the two hosts and was doing a bit of peeking around on the related YouTube videos.
Great! I really like the fact that we are guided through Italy by italians for a change. While there are a lot of good travel cooking programs, english speaking presenters always end up more or less as outsiders. When you have two italians doing it you get a much straighter look into the actual italian culture.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 am

Ricotta gnocchi! cheers Wasn't aware of it before, now I am. Thanks!

I like that duo, reminds of a similar pair that founded Carabba's (Americans will recognize) except that they had Texas accents and mannerisms, which was blasted funny when they talked about Italian food.

Two Greedy Italians. I'll look them up.
(Eldo - they didn't show him salting the sauce: don't forget!)

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:24 am

I was so hungry after work last night and I wanted a spinach salad with avocado and tomatoe and thin onions and crispy fish and chips, Clayton makes it so crispy and delicious he won awards for it and also his soups. But when I walked in the house there was everyone sitting and eating totally Japanese , miso soup, bento boxes with California sushi rolls and all the hot stuff you could want, and hot and crispy vegetable spring rolls. I had one of those.
Tonight I had the salad but was too tired to make the fish and so , maybe tomorrow. But I just know I will make homemade pizza, we usually make all from scratch and huge and even the sauce is authentic. I stayed in an Italian community for a year. Bought stuff at the open market and the meatballs had to be perfect or Elvira had an almost fit. And Vita and I and Maria had to shut up and listen to all the weird things the older ones said and serve everyone else first. But I did not mind.
So we will make about four huge ones and put four cheeses and Italian olives on it and other stuff and I will probably have some fizzy juice and fall asleep. Oh well, the house will smell great.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:02 am

Bluebottle wrote:You should try this dish if you're really into pasta Eldo:

It's quite easy to make and tastes wonderfull.
Well that made me cry, I loved little Italy and so many of the elders made me cry, they so love their mamas. I grew up in the restaurant business and my brother who was murdered for his money four years ago, Nelson was also a chef, trained in France and my Clayton-Ashley is a chef and Master pastry Chef and Travis is mixer and a master baker who specialized in breads and cookies and pizzas. So you can imagine why I feel inferior and nervous when I cook for them.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 am

Your life must read like a novel, Leelee.

Here's something I'm watching on TV - it doesn't seem very mexican but it turns out bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp are popular there.

Open up the shrimp by slitting the inside and taking out the nasty stuff. Make a stuffing of cream cheese and shredded manchego, roasted garlic and chopped cilantro. Stuff the shrimp, wrap in bacon, and saute on all sides. Looks mouthwatering.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:22 am

I think everyone's life is a one upon a time  A lot of the time we don't truly know wjat is going on behind closed doors or we live a Truman life- the life we live in our little world is natural to us but not to others.
For instance there was a girl I will call Ellen who was in my grade seven middle school language class She dressed really different but sophisticated. but none of us really knew her. She never said a word , and used to read those Harlequin |Romances inside the text books during class.
Then I started my job as conference call operator, only four of us were chosen out of a thousand plus candidates. Oh how I wished I had the other jobs, we each had a supervisor who watched us every minute of every day on a terlevision with head phones.
It was brutal , and we had so many things to be looking at and remember and if we made a mistake our sup would log u off and take us to a room made of plexi glass and yell at us how we were costing the company m0ney and we had to make calls for the prime minister and so on,one I forgot to turn off a ertain key an sneezed and all the onference callers were freaked out. I got in so much trouble.
To my surprise, Ellen got a job there too,  she was much more intelligent than me and we became friends. I found out that being only fourteen she raised her siblings alone and did so until she got married years later,, her parents just walked away and she did prostitution on the side to pay the rent and keep them all together. Everyone she knew banded together and lied for her, even adults so they would not be separated and then so did I. A Little girl did that and we never knew at school. Years later she fell in love and told the guy the truth and he still married her and adopted the children. I loved and still love and honor her. My life is quite generic really. Hard times hit us all and that is that.

I had my fish and chips.  So good but I was too tired to eat my lovely salad, too much to chew!

I don't eat pork or anything from the sea that does not have scales, it is a Hebrew rule, but everything you make, if you substituted shrimp and pork for chicken or beef or salmon would be wonderful. I eat most daily something with cold pressed olive oil, different cheeses, garlic, onions thinly sliced, every veg you just about can name,, and tons of fruit, apples, oranges, pears, bananas, grapes, you name it. And dark hoolate though I like milk chocolate better.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:36 am

I edited three times and it kept going back to the first with all the mistakes, it is really dark and I can't see and do not want to wake up anyone.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm

That was a lovely reveal of another's life, Leelee. I think many prostitutes have children; they are simply doing all they can to take care of them, bless them.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum