Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
malickfan
bungobaggins
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Storm Over Gondolin - Fanmade Silmarillion Film - Page 2 Empty Re: Storm Over Gondolin - Fanmade Silmarillion Film

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 pm

I think its a bit rich of them to stop fan fiction, I mean how much money could they lose because of some small video thing doing the rounds on Youtube? its overkill.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Storm Over Gondolin - Fanmade Silmarillion Film - Page 2 Empty Re: Storm Over Gondolin - Fanmade Silmarillion Film

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Maybe they're so afraid Jackson will destroy the Silmarillion as well that they're stopping every attempt, to send a message Shrugging Not that he could, though. I'm with Figg, this was overly strict, but I guess it's their right to stop it.

Storm Over Gondolin - Fanmade Silmarillion Film - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:19 am

It does say something about the nature of IP control, especially a particularly valuable IP that Tolkien's name carries right now.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:24 am

I'm not going to lie thank god it was canned!

Leave the sil alone.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:30 am

Once the Amazon show comes out they'll have no grounds for stopping fan-made stuff based on the idea that it's disrespectful...

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2