Sinister71
halfwise
Elthir
malickfan
Norc
19 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 20 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:05 am

"Azog is the key to all this." - Peter Jackson as George Lucas

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 20 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by Sinister71 Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 am

not to get off topic too bad but did anyone else hear they are considering Cumberbatch's latest film the fifth estate a flop... Heard that on a late night talk show the other night. I haven't seen it but I thought it looked kind of cool but they say it's not really doing well in the theaters.

back on topic i agree that Dale looks Italian or maybe Greek influenced. I noticed that it looked like there were still dead bodies supposedly in the present time. How the heck are they gonna explain that. they certainly didn't look like the were covered in volcanic ash like Pompeii.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:16 am

The dead bodies in the production photos were clearly fresh so presumably they were killed by marauding orcs or wargs.  Or possibly even an awoken Smaug post-Bilbo-encounter.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 am

Marauding orcs seems more likely, especially since the elves show up there at some point. I'm not sure though how that will fit into the story. Why would there be people in Dale unless it was after Smaug was killed and everyone from laketown had to move there? Why would they then be attacked by orcs before BOFA? I think even Thrandy shows up there (I thought I saw him in a blog...), so maybe it was part of TABA?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 20 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 am

So, according to the movies, Gandalf is indirectly responsible for Frodo getting stabbed on Amon Sul? (Assuming he is the one who keeps the dagger.)

Radagast retrieves dagger from Dol Guldur.
Radagast gives dagger to Gandalf.
Gandalf goes waving it around Rivendell.
Gandalf presumably keeps dagger as Elrond probably wouldn't want it hanging around Imladris.
Gandalf will get overwhelmed and captured in Dol Guldur.
The dagger will return to the Witch-king.
The Witch-king will use the dagger to stab Frodo.

The way I see it, Gandalf is now indirectly responsible for Frodo getting stabbed. If it was a different dagger then he could be absolved. But no. It has to be this way. Just so Jackson can have his "rhymes."

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 am

Sinister71 wrote:not to get off topic too bad but did anyone else hear they are considering Cumberbatch's latest film the fifth estate a flop... Heard that on a late night talk show the other night. I haven't seen it but I thought it looked kind of cool but they say it's not really doing well in the theaters.
yes, it did flop a bit. It didn't get nearly as much money to the box office as it should've. part of the reason is that it has gotten som luke-warm reviews (all stating benedict was great), but they all failed to grasp the concept of internet hacking, because they all said that "looking at a lizard man typing really fast on a computer is boring) and then they compared it to that facebook movie. it has also contributed that Assange publicly stated that the movie was shit. so yeah. it did flop. but not all good movies make it at the box office and i am still gonna go see it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm

are we sure those dead bodies were from Dale? I can understand it if its the aftermath of the attack of Smaug on Laketown and people were dying before the Elves sent help. confused. scratch 
or its just after Smaugs attack on Dale, but why would they be mummified? No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Norc wrote:yes, it did flop a bit. It didn't get nearly as much money to the box office as it should've. part of the reason is that it has gotten som luke-warm reviews (all stating benedict was great), but they all failed to grasp the concept of internet hacking, because they all said that "looking at a lizard man typing really fast on a computer is boring) and then they compared it to that facebook movie. it has also contributed that Assange publicly stated that the movie was shit. so yeah. it did flop. but not all good movies make it at the box office and i am still gonna go see it.
If you haven't seen it yet, how can you know it's a good movie? Moon 
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Marauding orcs seems more likely, especially since the elves show up there at some point. I'm not sure though how that will fit into the story. Why would there be people in Dale unless it was after Smaug was killed and everyone from laketown had to move there? Why would they then be attacked by orcs before BOFA? I think even Thrandy shows up there (I thought I saw him in a blog...), so maybe it was part of TABA?
That's a good point, I'd agree it probably is orcs. It could well be orc scouts leading up to the BOFA, though. That would undo the surprise factor of orcs showing up right when the Dwarves and Elves are about to fight, but I'm expecting the movie to follow Bolg (and Azog, if he's still alive at that point) in the time leading up to the battle.

Mrs Figg wrote:are we sure those dead bodies were from Dale? I can understand it if its the aftermath of the attack of Smaug on Laketown and people were dying before the Elves sent help. confused. scratch 
or its just after Smaugs attack on Dale, but why would they be mummified? No 
I can't find the pictures offhand, but I'm pretty sure there was some recognizably Dale buildings that they were leaning against.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:yes, it did flop a bit. It didn't get nearly as much money to the box office as it should've. part of the reason is that it has gotten som luke-warm reviews (all stating benedict was great), but they all failed to grasp the concept of internet hacking, because they all said that "looking at a lizard man typing really fast on a computer is boring) and then they compared it to that facebook movie. it has also contributed that Assange publicly stated that the movie was shit. so yeah. it did flop. but not all good movies make it at the box office and i am still gonna go see it.
If you haven't seen it yet, how can you know it's a good movie? Moon 
i didn't say it was a good movie or that i have seen it, i just stated not all good movies make it in the box office. maybe this one of them, maybe not. it was an argument to say that even though it flopped, doesn't mean its shite. also.. i am watching it because Benedict is the only good thing any reviewer has said about the movie, so he must be pretty good in it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm just teasing you, Norc. Very Happy

And you know that I think Cumberbatch is a talented actor.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:06 pm

i know.. i saw the ass, i just wanted it to be clear Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:37 pm

From an interview with Evangeline Lilly-

"“She wants to be as wise, she wants to be as much of a presence as all of her elders but she’s not. She’s a kid and there’s a part of her that is always a little too excited about things or maybe a little too engaged in the world, the way kids can get. And I think that was something I wanted to tell the really diehard fans.
I want them to know that she is young so that when they look at the performance and they look at the character they understand the context.”

Does it sound to anyone else like she is getting her excuses in early?

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:41 pm

don't be so rough on her, she is a diehard fan and she knows that this character is controversial and she wants tauriel to be the best she can be.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:41 pm

altough i wish saorise ronan said yes to the role as Itaril.she would've been perfect.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:50 pm

If she were really a die hard Tolkien fan she would have turned the role down upon reading the script having realised it desecrates the original story the authors writing stlye and sensibilities and characters and is so badly constructed it doesnt even make sense.

If she had said no I could admire and respect that.

I cant respect saing yes then retro justifying the character. She will be telling us its in the 'spirit' of Tolkien next Rolling Eyes 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Okay, Petty - let's try this:

"We are offering you a quarter million to play a character with perhaps 10 minutes of screen time. You'll be spending a few months in New Zealand, and all you have to do is learn your lines, be trained in screen fighting at our expense, and follow directions. You don't even have to sleep with Peter Jackson."

I'd say yes.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:05 pm

yes, me too.

also, she might have thought that since she is a fan she is better qualified at least, then some other actress they would hire after her.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:16 pm

If I could get to wear pointy ears and get to be an Elf I would have ripped the pen out their hands and signed my ass away.
oh yes indeedy. Nod

Saorise would have been much more Elven.  Nod

oh god living in New Zealand for a year, that would have been wonderful Razz 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:22 pm

None of you have any crabbit backbone! Sell outs the lot of you! Evil or Very Mad 

"You don't even have to sleep with Peter Jackson."- Halfy

If that was changed to 'you have to punch PJ until bored' (which would be never) I might consider it. And then I'd rewrite all my dialogue so it vaguely resembled something Tolkien would have written and not something a fourteen year old would have written.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 pm

yeah but being an Elf. thats like the pinnacle of every girls desires.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Not punching PJ? scratch Even northern lasses? Suspect 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yeah but being an Elf. thats like the pinnacle of every girls desires.
I thought that was being with an Elf, if you take my meaning. cyclops
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Shocked 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:40 pm

either/or/both. its all good.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next