Sinister71
halfwise
Elthir
malickfan
Norc
19 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 30 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 am

You might find with a flame haired eel wrangler from Bree and a potentially very crabbit and violent buckie fuelled Scothobbit with a fine head of ginger hair that such a comment can get you hunted down and pulped - here to help!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 30 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:34 am

Here are the snide remarks I made to myself while I watched the fan event.

Hobbit Live Event Thoughts:

Too much screaming.

Twitter feed: I hate these things.

I wish I could be excited and happy like all those other people. Sad

Lilly's first words during the event: "Don't hate. Don't hate." Hmmmm. If you can't take the heat, get out of the movie. Evil or Very Mad 

"She has threatened to kick the ass of anybody who doesn't like the character." - Wow, I see that we're really open for discussion. I'm sure she'll have a lot of "tough" questions later on.

Seriously Jackson, at least put some fucking flip-flops on. I don't want to see your smelly feet. Aren't there health codes against this sort of thing? They are in a public building aren't they? Jackson is just the definition of smug. Evil or Very Mad 

Very good fans, right Peter? Yes. Good fans. You deserve a treat for being so loyal. Maybe even a pat on the head. They just eat up anything you throw at them.

Doesn't he wear any other clothes? Eww. He wore that exact same outfit for the other live event. Come on dude, at least try to present yourself well. Everyone else is dressed nicely.

Lot of awkward pauses in this as they try to get other things geared up. Wow, Martin doesn't sound very enthused. Probably glad he didn't have to be there. Wow he's reading off of a script. How heartfelt.

New blog.

"It's either a joy or a bad dream. I'm not actually sure which." Peter - Well for me it's a bad dream. lol

Okay, when they were talking about orcs following the company into Laketown I thought they meant like one or two scouts. Not like…a bunch.

Beautiful New Zealand landscape.
Spoiler:

So the dwarves are going to be fighting the spiders too? Adios Bilbo.

"Tolkien describes the Sylvan elves as "Less wise, more dangerous."" Can we have  a citation for that please?

"You like death? Then let me give it to you." Oh, my stars, that line is still in? Seriously?

More chase scenes? Oh great.

blog is over. What's next?

Twitter feed: "I NEED RICHARD'S VOICE EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY I MEAN IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR I THINK NOT" Jesus christ

First question for Lilly. "What was it like your first day on set." Oh my, hard hitting.

Lilly is much more attractive as a human than an elf. It's gotta be said.

Healing ritual? What. What is this. What movie is this? Where am I? Why is there a skeleton in my basement? Who's been fucking with my medicine?

Orlando: "Pete has one eye on the tolkien world." That eye must be covered by a patch.

"I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to Tolkien." - Armitage. wut.

A line from Thorin: "If this is to end in fire, we will all burn together." Oh wow. I'm so bat shit insane crazy that I'm going to take all of Rhovanion with me! Well, Thorin does go crazy, so...I'll give them points there.

Lee Pace's IRL hair is much better than Orlando's. Just sayin.

"The picture quality of the bloopers isn't going to be that great." - Jackson. That's not the point of bloopers. Bloopers never look great. Bloopers don't have to be in 3d 48fps 4k resolution. Good grief. Just give the fans the bloopers.

Anderson takes off his shoes. NOOOOOOOO!

Final (more serious) thoughts on the live event:

Overall this was much better than the live event in March, mostly because there was more than just Peter and Jed talking back and forth awkwardly. The questions were better too (and there were more of them), and having more people involved and making the whole thing international was a nice touch. Jackson knows how to keep his zealous fans happy, and how to bring them into the film making process. This is something that I really haven't seen before in a director, or any other franchise. Sure some videos release vlog type things similar to what they've been doing for The Hobbit, but the vlogs for TH seem to bring the fans in more. They feel personal, and I really think Jackson wants the fans to feel like they're part of the experience (because it builds strong loyalty to a brand, trust me, he knows this). So, overall, much improved over the last live event, but it didn't make me feel any better about the movie.

Last edited by bungobaggins on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:35 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:You might find with a flame haired eel wrangler from Bree and a potentially very crabbit and violent buckie fuelled Scothobbit with a fine head of ginger hair that such a comment can get you hunted down and pulped - here to help!
Petty, I too have red hair. Wink

Spoiler:

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:44 am

Ive always embraced being red headed (its a boon working in the care biz as little old ladies love it) and my attitude with those who think it necessary to point it out all the time in some derisory fashion, say as I am walking by in the street, is to hit them very hard until they stop or are no longer recognisable. Has worked like a treat so far Twisted Evil 

As to your summing up- you had several thoughts close to my own comments and thoughts on viewing it.

Its all good PR but only if you've already bought into Pj's 'vision'.
I think it might be too late for that to happen to most of us now.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:47 am

The crabbit has consumed me.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:00 am

Use it Bungo, use it for good Twisted Evil 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 am

I'm a red-head, with green eyes. People keep trying to call me blonde and blue-eyed. Mad 

Figgy is one of us. Nod  She should be summoned.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 am

So many red-heads on Forumshire. I am surprised. Smile 

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 am

Whaddya expect? It's a home for creative misfits.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:36 am

I took a nap earlier so I  could watch it attentively. Slept through it.
Some thoughts:
1. PJ still can't speak coherently. When trying to explain why the Bofur scene was removed he couldn't formulate a practical reason other than that it wasn't important so he stammered and rambled for a good twenty seconds
2. Evangeline Lily is Liv Tyler's long lost twin
3. Thrandy gets naked and into a tub????????? Smile 
4. Tauriel's line delivery is... bad.
5. The fact the PJ blatantly admitted that he doesn't know where the Cat and the Moon song came from is too disrespectful and smug for me to believe that it actually happened
6. He said Schmaug, again.
7. I love Orlando and Lee
8. Richard Armitage needs to read the book
9. It looks like a pretty good FILM, especially in comparison to AUJ. I'm excited to see it as a sequel, not as an adaptation. Hell, we know that it's not, so I'm just going to act like it's not.
10. Why were PJ's pasty white feet exposed?

Ed Sheeran is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really enjoy two of his songs, one of them was a hit last year called "the A-Team" and he has another one called "Lego House." He a fantastic new artist, I'm really happy about this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the Cat and the Moon song was sung in LOTR Musical, much better IMO, than Bofur.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:44 am

Also!
I personally disagree with what PJ said about characters being the driving force of films where in the book it was the storyteller doing so. I find that completely false. If you want to have a good story, you need to have characters capable of carrying it. The characters are the ones making the decisions, at least they should be. I believe that the quote in my signature explains it enough. Tolkien created characters that told the story in a certain way, he didn't do much of the story telling. Of course, he made his presence known in the Hobbit a few times, but it's a children's story, so it kind of needs some outside guidance. And anyway, Bilbo is the main mover of the story, not Tolkien. I think PJ didn't really know what he was talking about when he made that comment. It's true too that films are told by the characters, but it's also free to be told through images, sounds, and music. You can have good characters in a shit film, and bad characters in a good film.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 am

Well that version of the song is certainly lively enough, but cant say I approve of the wholesale rewritting of the lyrics- must be a decent version with the proper lyrics out there somewhere.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 am

Listen to the closing track of DOS, "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran, here.

http://www.alterthepress.com/2013/11/ed-sheeran-releases-new-song-i-see-fire.html

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:31 am

After my first listening, I gotta say, I liked it.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 am

It was good. It wasn't Middle-Earth. But it was good. It's going to piss me off though, as the song quotes the "We shall all burn together" melodrama Thorin espouses.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:40 am

The "We shall all burn together" seems to work much better as a song lyric than dialogue.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 am

wow.. six new pages to catch up O_O
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:49 am

Eldorion wrote:The trailer has been uploaded on its own now for easier viewing/sharing. Smile

i loooooove this trailer!! shows ofcourse waaay too much but omfg!! i can't waaaait!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:49 am

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:found it on youtube.  Gawd the scrolling comments are ridiculous.
It's YouTube.  The only other comments section on the Internet that compares is Yahoo! Answers. Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 am

DOS Special Edition Soundtrack List

Disc 1
1. The Quest for Erebor
2. Wilderland
3. A Necromancer
4. Queer Lodgings The House of Beorn
5. Mirkwood
6. Flies and Spiders
7. The Woodland Realm
8. Feast of Starlight
9. Barrels Out of Bond
10. The Forest River
11. Bard, A Man of Lake-town
12. The High Fells
13. The Nature of Evil
14. Protector of the Common Folk

Disc 2
1. Thrice Welcome
2. Girion, Lord of Dale
3. Durin's Folk
4. In the Shadow of the Mountain
5. A Spell of Concealment
6. On the Doorstep
7. The Courage of Hobbits
8. Inside Information
9. Kingsfoil
10. A Liar and a Thief
11. The Hunters
12. Smaug
13. My Armor is Iron
14. I See Fire
15. Beyond the Forest

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 am

Disc 2 - track 9...... hmm.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:23 am

bungobaggins wrote:So many red-heads on Forumshire. I am surprised. Smile 
it said 'Strawberry Blonde' on the packet Embarassed 

Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:30 am

what struck me most was the truly awkward and stilted Martin Freeman, he is a talented actor, so why didnt he pretend?

Lily is much better looking in real life, that Tauriel wig is horrible. Her dialogue is corny, 'You like Death'? bet the orc was embarrassed.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:46 am

Yeah Martin really seemed like someone who didnt want to be doing that particular bit f PR- I dont know if thats because he didnt enjoy his part or if he was just buggered from doing other stuff or jet lagged or something, but it wasnt exactly enthusiastic and even PJ and Co had to make a comment explaining it afterwards about how they put him through it. Not a great sign.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:54 am

when i've seen the fan event and everything, i'll give my thoughts on how freeman is..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next