Sinister71
halfwise
Elthir
malickfan
Norc
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Very Happy Its the Forumshire way.

And a lot of unexpected surprises can come of a missed period. Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS]

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Um, I must have been drunk at the time Embarassed  and having watched TH I can only conclude I must have been really, really, really f**king drunk!
Worse yet, you may have been sober! Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Now there is no call for that sort of talk Eldo! Evil or Very Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Um, I must have been drunk at the time Embarassed  and having watched TH I can only conclude I must have been really, really, really f**king drunk!

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:42 pm

jeeesus guys.. there is a COMMA IN THERE!

(although the wrong use of it, but there is a comma between Petty and Jackson)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Worse yet, you may have been sober! Shocked
Laughing best comment ever.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:35 pm

wow something smells fishy and it aint my laundry basket.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Sinister71 wrote:damn all that from a missed period :facepalm: 
missed period = affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Norc wrote:jeeesus guys.. there is a COMMA IN THERE!

Yeah, because Sin edited it in (notice the edit line at the bottom of the post and that the comma is bolded). Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Some folks on the TORn forums pointed out that last year there were a number of announcements and releases of new material for AUJ during the week of September 22 (Tolkien Week, in honor of Bilbo and Frodo's birthday).  So there's a good chance that we'll get the new trailer some time in the next couple of days, or at least a word about when to expect it.  This is in line with the expectations that the new trailer would debut around the beginning of October so it could be in theaters with Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:17 pm

It's about time! How much longer can he drag out pickups?? Well, actually, this is PJ so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm just curious as to what point the movie will go to. It's called dos, but what is being desolated? Smorg? Or lake town? Or dale? Or all of the above?

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:29 pm

what is being desolated? - Tinuviel queen 

Tolkien Tin.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 pm

The book uses the phrase "desolation of Smaug" to refer to the area surrounding the Lonely Mountain that has been abandoned and ruined as a result of the dragon's influence. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:44 am

... that's a misleading title then me thinks. Because for the longest time, I was suspecting that it was referring to Smaug's death, which in hindsight doesn't make much sense because why would they spoil the ending in the title? But then again, why is what Smaug desolated years ago of any importance to our heroes? ugh, this is too much thinking. Not worth my mental processing.

The Desolation of Smaug pre-release thread [2] [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 am

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:jeeesus guys.. there is a COMMA IN THERE!

Yeah, because Sin edited it in (notice the edit line at the bottom of the post and that the comma is bolded). Wink
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

sucker Trollface
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:06 am

Tin - I thought you had people in your service that did the hard thinking for you?

My thought is that at some point in the film we will get a line from a dwarf that is 'the desolation of Smaug.' I imagine that will be as they look out toward the lonely mountain or dale and see the desolation of Smaug.

So probably not that misleading. The other bit of the title is the misleading bit.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:23 pm

Indeed, who the hell is this Hobbit they keep talking about? And this Tolkien guy? Never heard of him! Why isn't it called Dwarves vs. Elves, like Alien vs. Predator? Same kind of thing going on right? Why is Bilbo even there? He's detracting from Thorin's story line!!!!!

I'm too snarky today Moon 

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

I love a crabbit Queen! queen 

Three Cheers for Her Maj! cheers cheers cheers  (But quietly her heads a bit tender)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Tinuviel wrote:Indeed, who the hell is this Hobbit they keep talking about? And this Tolkien guy? Never heard of him! Why isn't it called Dwarves vs. Elves, like Alien vs. Predator? Same kind of thing going on right? Why is Bilbo even there? He's detracting from Thorin's story line!!!!!

I'm too snarky today Moon 

That was beautiful (Okay, the writing as well as the mooning).

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Personally I'm hoping Smaug sticks around till the beginning of the third film. Leave the audience with a cliffhanger. To me the perfect place to make the end is with Thorin and Bilbo and the rest of the dwarfs running around in the treasure horde excited. Then Bilbo finding the Arkenstone and slipping it into his pocket. No news of Smaug only that he flew off towards Laketown bent on destruction. But that ending would take tact and subtlety both things that Jackson lacks in his film making
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 pm

I think it would be good to not get a full view of Smaug until TaBA. Just dark silhouettes, a nostril and scales etc.

Has anyone seen Signs (Mel Gibson)? I thought that did well to keep from showing us the alien until the end... a finger, some grainy news footage etc.

Just need to hope that the reveal isnt as disappointing as it was there.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:24 pm

At this point I will probably go to see DOS and hope at least the landscapes and Erebor/Dale/Mirkwood/Thranduils Palace look good. I may just go to see Thranduil, all the rest is just fluff.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:27 pm

We already got a clear view of Smaug in the DOS trailer (which I thought was a really weird move after hiding him so clumsily in AUJ).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:28 pm

I think Thranduils pad will have lots of purple and pink silk with velvet pillows and Elton John on piano.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Isn't Thrandy the very definition of fluff?
Edit: simulpost, Lance nailed it beyond my poor abilities.

Signs is one of the best movies ever - if only to demonstrate how much can be done with so little plus a keen sense for how to play audience apprehension.  The special effects/costume budget couldn't have been more than $10K.

Last edited by halfwise on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next