chris63
Mrs Figg
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
azriel
19 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 pm

:facepalm: 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions [2]

Post by bungobaggins Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:56 pm

Prince of Peas.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Eldorion wrote:He's the King of the Juice(d up guys).

No Rolling Eyes 

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:11 pm

I think any joke that garners that kind of reaction deserves all the plaudits it can get, Eldo.  Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:14 am

I'm glad someone appreciates comedy around here. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:50 am

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 Once-Saw-Jesus-in-a-Can-of-Pringles

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:44 am

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 D8ecc07e906127bf0fd4623504b7eca8

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Nice, I like that- mankinds folly laid out in a chart!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by richardbrucebaxter Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 pm

That is a great diagram
richardbrucebaxter
richardbrucebaxter
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 07, 2014 4:03 am

Student Was Asked About “Hell” On An Exam.

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/student-was-asked-about-hell-on-an-exam

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed May 07, 2014 5:07 am

chris63 wrote:Student Was Asked About “Hell” On An Exam.

Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/student-was-asked-about-hell-on-an-exam

That student's name?

Albert Einstein.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 07, 2014 7:13 pm

lol! @ bungo
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 08, 2014 8:51 am

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 399NU5M

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Just watch me.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 IYSiK

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Jeez guys !  Laughing If only..... no, I wont go there ! Lets just say there would be more smiley faces from girls & not just from guys  Wink

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 33 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Also, Ive just been reading about how puritanical & disciplined TorN is ? I would'nt know, Ive never joined,posted or hung around there, But, if this was there, (ie, the above symbolic gif ?) where do you think you'de be now ???? eh ??? In Satan's hairy arse Id say, !! If TORN had their way  Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 08, 2014 6:39 pm

They have ridiculous posting restrictions (dimension limits, file size limits) for embedding gifs and pictures on torn. Not to even mention the archaic method of embedding them! They had to have a user produce a user-manual for uploading and hosting pictures! It's that confusing!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Well that just takes all the fun out of it !!!  But, saying all that, the Imp in me would love to be the most outrageous, foul mouth pervert theyve ever seen, just for the heck of it  Very Happy
Hallelujah for this Smiled upon place !  cheers

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Go there, Az.  Over the years I've enjoyed watching Petty and Figgy go offstage as it were: you hear commotion and shaking and things go rolling across the stage from that direction, then they come stumbling back with frazzled hair and untied shoe laces to narrate the whole experience.  Been awhile, we need another episode.  Thumbs Up

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 am

What do you mean its been awhile- I was there recently causing a bear shaped ruccus, of course it being ToRN I had to first provide illustrations of what an actual bear looks like first  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 09, 2014 12:51 am

halfwise wrote:Go there, Az.  Over the years I've enjoyed watching Petty and Figgy go offstage as it were: you hear commotion and shaking and things go rolling across the stage from that direction, then they come stumbling back with frazzled hair and untied shoe laces to narrate the whole experience.  Been awhile, we need another episode.  Thumbs Up

its like Kings Landing over there  pale 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 09, 2014 1:45 am

Do we have any Muslim folks? I dont think so, and actually I dont suppose a normal Muslim would help with my puzzlement as its really a question for the more extreme nutty sort and would be as alien to a normal Muslim as to anyone else.

I was watching a report on those poor abducted school girls and the nutty group which has them captive.

And this is what I dont get- the story of the Prophet Muhammad could not be more clear on one point- he would never have got to be the prophet in the first place had he not had the support of a woman. A woman who is considerably older than him, a mother, previously divorced, well educated and who runs her own successful business.
Muhammad has quite a lot to say on women, all of it good- dont hold them against their will, dont force them into marriage, slavery, never sell them for sex.
He also preaches strongly on the need to educate, to learn and so learn more of God, he even tells his followers that if they have to go all the way to China in a search for wisdom and knowledge then they should. And there is no bar on this search to women, quite the opposite it was as much their duty as a mans.
The Muslim religion in the 800AD gave us the world's first university with a degree, set up by a woman.
Muhammad's dying words are given over to a positive take on the treatment of women. He could not be more pro-woman.

So where does all this nonsense about women that we see so commonly now portrayed as Muslim come from? Where are these fanatics getting their religious justification from? What am I missing?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 am

It's cultural not religious. Then you cherry pick whatever fits your culture. Not specific to Islam, but as tehy are feeling like an oppressed population the radicalism pops out.

That's my take on it, anyway.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 09, 2014 3:25 am

There's a chapter in Rory Stewart's "The Places in Between" (great book by the way) where he walks into a village that's been at war with the next village forever.  The offense they hold the highest was that when their village was burned in an attack, their only copy of the Koran was burned. Not by intent mind you, but it was burned, and that is a desecration of the highest order, and not to be forgiven. It was a far greater crime than killing men, women or children. That's tribal Islam, which used to be the rarity.

But here's the point: none of them could read Arabic, not even their imam. Nevertheless it would be a sin for any but the imam to quote or interpret the Prophet, and to translate the words of the Prophet into any other language than the one he set them down in would be a perverse sacrilege, punishable by death. That would almost certainly include your discussion and interpretations, Petty.

Because Islam has never had a centralized governing body, it's been free to evolve to the cultural needs of the faithful in thousands of different  ways, depending on whether you're a cosmopolitan intellectual or a tribal warlord, a humble farmer or a megalomaniac with dreams of global conquest.

Until all the USSR got their butts kicked by warriors of the mujahadeen (armed and trained by CIA) almost nobody in the world had heard from the lunatic fringe, but with the fall of the Iron Curtain the Muslim minorities in eastern Europe met with increased discrimination, and the lunatic freedom fighters came to their aid, spreading the new/old faith as they came.  That in a nutshell is how we got where we are now, and nobody regrets it more than the moderate rational Muslims.

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next