Norc
chris63
Eldorion
CC12 35
Mrs Figg
29 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 38 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Not with her standing next to you it isn't.- Forest

This is precisely what headphones were invented for.  Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 38 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Last night when I was watching Edge of Tomorrow there was a character that made me say to myself, "He looks like Locke from Game of Thrones." Just looked him up and sure enough it was.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852965/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:32 am

Oliver Tates dad!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:36 am

I like him ! I think I fancied him in "Willy Wonka" & then I liked him in "Shine", a great film starring the great Geoffrey Rush ! I like the "not pretty boys" of cinema etc, Quirky & character over good looks & bullshit anytime !!

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 38 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 38 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

I watched "300 Rise of an Empire" this afternoon, it passed the time but..........
Spoiler:
"

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:19 pm

I watched Life of Pi.  Sad  boy! that was emotional. I cried and cried, I hate films with kids and animals, its gut wrenching. No 
I havent read the book so I am still a bit confused by a couple of things. like he told 2 stories, which was the real one?  Shocked
twas very beautiful though.  Nod 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Ive seen that film also & I thought it was great ! Loved it, but, I also hate animals (even CGI ones) being in films ! Guaranteed IL blub all thru the darn thing !! "Slumdog Millionaire" was another good film but, & its a big but, there's one scene involving a child that is deeply disturbing !!!!!!!!! & if it refelects life & its true ?????????????? then its fooking sickening !!!!!!!!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm

What, you hate animals in films? Shocked Watching The Lion King over and over again is one of my fondest childhood memories!

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 38 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: I am still a bit confused by a couple of things. like he told 2 stories, which was the real one?  Shocked

There's not one answer. That's kind of the point.  
Can fiction contain higher truths?
Aren't stories and truths both subjective depending on who's telling and who's trying to understand them?  
And in the end, do we have the choice to see the world in whatever light we choose? And why isn't that Truth?  

Those are the kinds of questions that you're being invited to ponder, always bearing in mind that the whole movie (and book) is a fiction within a fiction which contains Truth.

It's kind of like the doughnut and the coffee cup! Very Happy

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:27 pm

Ringo, darling, sweety, sweety, darling, What i mean is, when animals are only a part in a film you can bet yer bottom dollar something nasty is gonna happen. As for Lion King ? Love it ! Scar has me in stitches !  Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Probably best you dont go see War Horse!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:17 pm

David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote: I am still a bit confused by a couple of things. like he told 2 stories, which was the real one?  Shocked

There's not one answer. That's kind of the point.  
Can fiction contain higher truths?
Aren't stories and truths both subjective depending on who's telling and who's trying to understand them?  
And in the end, do we have the choice to see the world in whatever light we choose? And why isn't that Truth?  

Those are the kinds of questions that you're being invited to ponder, always bearing in mind that the whole movie (and book) is a fiction within a fiction which contains Truth.

It's kind of like the doughnut and the coffee cup! Very Happy

I understand, but its still imortant for me to know whether the Tiger was real or imagined.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:37 pm

I watched Nebraska the other day. I really liked how despite the fact that many of the characters were somewhat exaggerated, the people in it still felt quite real. Reminded me of small-town Minnesota!

Very nice slow film, with an actual message about growing old, and life in general.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:I watched Nebraska the other day. I really liked how despite the fact that many of the characters were somewhat exaggerated, the people in it still felt quite real. Reminded me of small-town Minnesota!

Very nice slow film, with an actual message about growing old, and life in general.

Nebraska is a great movie. Nod

Alexander Payne also directed About Schmidt, which is also set in Nebraska. I like the wide open fields and big sky, he really knows how to capture them, even in black and white.  Very Happy

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:51 pm

No Petty, I wont, Wont watch "Sea biscuit, Black Beauty or Two Brothers" either  Sad Shooting the horses in the film Atonement, when the army were on the beach during the war got me blubbing !! actually, I did watch "2 Brothers" & I booed into a cushion all the way thru !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:

I understand, but its still imortant for me to know whether the Tiger was real or imagined.

Can't the tiger be both? scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:34 pm

It's a superposition of two tiger states.  Nod 

Az, even better than the movie is a PBS documentary on Seabiscuit, because you see actual footage of the real animal. The movie got it right in characterizing him as a scrapper, who had to get a whiff of other horses to get his dander up...usually halfway through the race he'd come charging and snorting through the rear. But you have to see it in action: this scruffy little horse taking off like a shot from the middle of the pack, legs churning like a windmill in a maelstrom, just like a scrappy little pup bounding out of a pack with his legs kicking up over his head and his tongue flailing in the breeze. Makes you giggle, it does.

They simply couldn't capture that in the movie 'cause almost no horse will do that, especially not on cue.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Azriel, I watched Two Brothers when I was a kid and was a wreck for days afterwards. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:14 am

halfwise wrote:It's a superposition of two tiger states.  Nod 

Thumbs Up 

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:47 am

Oh Eldo,  I love you 
I even get emotional with TV adverts, Im just human wreckage all round.
This cheered me up tho, gawd, some are cheesy  Very Happy 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:15 pm

David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

No.  Suspect  If you are on a small boat with an adult Bengal Tiger its best to know whether its really going to eat you alive or not.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:

No.  Suspect  If you are on a small boat with an adult Bengal Tiger its best to know whether its really going to eat you alive or not.

If I'm on a small boat with an adult Bengal Tiger, I imagine it's going to eat me.  Really! pale  

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Saw Edge of Tommorow (Tom Cruise gets killed repeatedly, Emily Blunt is semi naked in parts, and Bill Paxton sports a moustache-there's something for everyone) , X Men Days of Future Past
Spoiler:
and 22 jump street in the last few weeks loved the first two, enjoyed the last (though it seemed  seemed weirdly paced to me, Peter Stormare was wasted, and Jonah Hill seemed to be mumbling rather than talking for much of the film).

I also saw one terrible (or hillarious?) film, The Expendables 2, my hopes weren't high at all ( I actually mildly enjoyed the first one, down to being kinda  drunken  and bored) but ruddy hell this was bad, cheesy dialogue, bad acting, weak storyline, crappy villian (Van Damme was barely in it), over the top action scenes etc, it had alot going on, but was boring for an action film. I'm honestly at a loss why this is rated so high on IMDb.

Still, it features Chuck Norris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJUVOaeUag

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:09 pm

I watched "Escape plan" with Arnie & Stallone, it was better than I thought. Arnie actually put some effort into acting ! & Sly, well, he was good enough but, time has taken its toll on his looks sadly, tho he & arnie must be similar ages ?? Story was ok, had funny bits, usual hit em sock em run for your life type of film. Predictable happy ending but, it passed an evening  Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose23 Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am

I watched How To Train Your Dragon 2 with my husband and daughter. The 3D animation movie of Dreamworks really lived up to its name. Hiccup and Toothless were both marvelous. May sound strange, but even though I hadn't watched the prequel (the first part of the movie called 'How To Train Your Dragon'), I thoroughly enjoyed the escapades and dragon races in this sequel, almost as much as my husband and daughter, who are both avid dragon followers!  Twisted Evil
Rose23
Rose23
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next