Norc
chris63
Eldorion
CC12 35
Mrs Figg
29 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 pm

It's a movie about Julian Assange starring Benedict Cumberbatch.  Someone gave a copy of the script to Wikileaks (of course... Very Happy) and they weren't too happy about it.  I haven't read many reviews of the film yet though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Norc Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 pm

oooooh yes, i am so looking forward to it Very Happy  and i follow the debate closely, read the letter from assange and everything Nod glad u liked it, it has gotten some luke-warm reviews, saying sweaty nerds typing fast on computers aren't that exciting, basically, but Benedict has gotten praise from every single one of them, saying this is his greatest role and that he nails Assange, that he is uncanningly alike Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Norc wrote:oooooh yes, i am so looking forward to it Very Happy  and i follow the debate closely, read the letter from assange and everything Nod glad u liked it, it has gotten some luke-warm reviews, saying sweaty nerds typing fast on computers aren't that exciting, basically, but Benedict has gotten praise from every single one of them, saying this is his greatest role and that he nails Assange, that he is uncanningly alike Very Happy
I don't know enough about Assange so that I could say for certain whether Benedict really captured the right image or not... but if he really did, then Assange is a person which I absolutely cannot stand, because he obviously doesn't give a damn about the people who think they are his friends...

But there were so many other brilliant actors in that film!!! Stanley Tucci, Daniel Brühl, David Thewlis, Peter Capaldi, Alicia Vikander, Laura Linney....Very Happy 
And although I didn't get at all how they were creating all these leaks (I'm not a computer nerd), it was really, really fascinating and after some 30 min or so it started to get very thrilling!
In the end I was really overwhelmed! (maybe that was due to Benedicts performance, cause Assange just sucks in the end...Mad ) that may sound paradoxical right now - you have to watch it to understand it Wink 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

yeah, it comes out here the first of november Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:13 pm

SO. Gravity. wow that was intense, short but intense. 90 minutes of vertigo, and thrills. I really enjoyed every minute. Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Uh, nice!
I'd like to see Gravity too Very Happy 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm

its well worth a trip to the cinema, its a good old fashioned adventure story in a lot of ways.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I like its short, theres only so many disaters can befall a person in a row before you get disaster fatigue watching it. I think I will go see it. Should at least be quite an experience, visually, drunk drunken {Will I need a sick bag Figgs?)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:32 pm

yup. I saw it in 3D which always makes it less bright than normal, I dont like that effect, but the 3D itself was good. I got major vertigo at the beginning, its bloody brilliant.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Semiramis Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Sounds really good!!!

umpf...but will only be in cinemas over here in November...Neutral 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, Mrs Figg! I haven't been to the cinema in a while but I'm hoping to see Gravity soon if I can convince someone to go with me. Maybe even if I can't. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

I did enjoy it, its a strange film and hard to compare to any other. It does kind of stay with me after I saw it though, I find myself thinking about it in quiet moments, mainly wondering how I would have reacted in the same situation. Its worth it for the visuals alone.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:36 pm

I watched Heavenly Creatures last night. First time I had viewed it. Maybe it was just me, but it felt like the movie was really dragging it's feet (and it's not even that long!). And I wasn't sure if I was supposed to feel sympathy for the main characters or not, it sure felt like that was what I was supposed to feel at times, but most of the time I just felt creeped out by them (worshiping images of celebrities, all that "fourth world" nonsense).

I don't know anything about the real incident that all this is based off of, but the movie didn't really feel like it was taking an objective view of the events. I don't know, I guess I just didn't get it.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 pm

If you still haven't seen Pacific Rim yet, maybe the Honest Trailer will convince you. Very Happy

And before Petty or anyone else says "but it looks like stupid American-rah-rah crap like Transformers" -- no.  No it is not.  There is not an ounce of cynicism or pandering in Pacific Rim, even if it is really dumb.  But anyone who has ever loved a giant robot or giant monster should see this film for the incredible action.  It just goes to prove that even when making dumb movies, it pays to have a director who knows what the fuck he's doing.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:57 pm

But what if if it still looks like stupid American-rah-rah crap like Transformers even after you watch the video? Wink

ps did anyone watch Joker Rising that I posted above somewhere? Its worth your time if not.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 pm

It's seriously not, dude. Unless you think Americans have a monopoly on big dumb action movies.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:14 pm

Unless you think Americans have a monopoly on big dumb action movies.- Eldo

I wouldnt call it a monopoly, more a habit Wink 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 pm

I loved the old Godzilla movies when I was a very little kid. I'll definitely check this one out. Maybe it will even warrant a blu ray purchase. Smile 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I wouldnt call it a monopoly, more a habit Wink 
I guess I'm just a little confused as to how someone can look at a movie that is very clearly Godzilla vs. Gundam (alternatively, Evangelion Lite) and have the first country they associate it with be America. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:24 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I loved the old Godzilla movies when I was a very little kid. I'll definitely check this one out. Maybe it will even warrant a blu ray purchase. Smile 
So long as you accept it as a guilty pleasure and just enjoy it for the action and the nostalgia, I think it will be well worth your time/money. Very Happy Pacific Rim was far and away my favorite movie of the summer. Seeing it on a full IMAX screen was even better. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:09 pm

Anyone looking forward to Transformers 4?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Lancebloke wrote:Anyone looking forward to Transformers 4?
Well...I won't deny Michael Bay has a flair for overblown cinematic action sequences that certainly justify a big screen, I'm not sure if I enjoyed Transfomers 2 or 3-overlong dumb clunky badly paced and plotted but with lots of entertaining cheesy action, but rather dopey and forgettable I guess it's what you'd expect.

So no I'm not really looking forward to or interested in the film, though I'm sure I will end up seeing it!.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Me neither!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Well apparently it's the first in a new trilogy!

Add in Pirates of the Carribean 5, and THREE (possibly even six) more Fast and Furious films (OK...I actually like those...) and it seems we are in for a few more years of explody fluff.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:26 pm

It is about time we got some explody without the fluff. Getting a little bored of films that on the very surface, look shiny, but you go a millimetre below and its all pretty rubbish.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next