Norc
chris63
Eldorion
CC12 35
Mrs Figg
29 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 25 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by Amarië Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:A film I used to watch as a child was on the TV today, brought back a lot of memories and almost a tear to my eye Smile

We make jokes about the Swedish, but they've given us Fjordians some of our fondest childhood memories with their childrens' TV and films, and actors like Allan Edwall  Smile

Oh, that is a wonderful wonderful tale.

My son said today that he didn't want to become as strong as his daddy when he grew up, he wanted to "be as stlong as Pippi, cause she can lift a glown man and a holse."  I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 25 Empty Re: Seen any good films lately? [2]

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Lancebloke wrote:I thought Signs was good until they ruined it with the alien at the end.

I didn't feel the alien ruined it all that much, though maybe the round the world "Independence Day" type shots did more damage. I really think Signs is one of the best studies in suspense ever done; how so much can be accomplished with so little if the set up and timing are on cue. So much of that movie was masterfully done.

Shyamalan's a mixed bag: some incredible technical chops marred by PJ-like inclinations at times. I think some writers/directors need someone to serve as a reality check in order to really shine, and in many cases they can serve as their own reality check until success makes them trust themselves too much.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:29 pm

watched that new Wizard of Oz film, some of the visuals were gorgeous. Theres this bit where they are all floating in bubbles and I seriously went all wow-y and OOOh-y, the colours were hyper real and saturated, really nice. Best fantasy landscape ever.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:36 pm

I watched "Olympus has Fallen " & "White House Down" & I wished I spent those hours plucking my eyebrows, shaving my legs, clipping my toe nails etc, that would at least been productive.

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Figgy, I agree the movie looked good, but I felt the movie itself was terrible.

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Seen any good films lately? [2] - Page 25 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:23 am

Amarië wrote:
Ringdrotten wrote:A film I used to watch as a child was on the TV today, brought back a lot of memories and almost a tear to my eye Smile

We make jokes about the Swedish, but they've given us Fjordians some of our fondest childhood memories with their childrens' TV and films, and actors like Allan Edwall  Smile

Oh, that is a wonderful wonderful tale.

My son said today that he didn't want to become as strong as his daddy when he grew up, he wanted to "be as stlong as Pippi, cause she can lift a glown man and a holse."  I love you
that's one of my favourite movies Smile it's so sad, but still very beautiful Smile i read the book like a hundred times, and i think i accidentally stole if from the school library whoops..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 am

I saw American Hustle tonight. I'm tired and kind of sick so I had a hard time following all the twists and turns at a couple point, but I liked it quite a bit. It did seem to end a little abruptly though. This might be the '70s-est movie I've ever seen.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:17 am

I want to see American Hustle, and would have tonight if I hadn't lost my motivation to see a movie. Jay's review from Red Letter Media doesn't make it seem too promising (he described it as "actors gone wild" due to Russell's tendency to let his actors improvise a lot).

I guess I'm concerned that I'll be going in to a film that just feels haphazard and inconsistent. I will try to catch a matinee Wednesday.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:36 pm

i really wanna see american hustle but i don't think it premiers here until like.. february... 12 years a slave is the 31th january.. Sad

edit: american hustle comes out 13th march... Sad

and i fucking missed the assange movie D:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Radaghast wrote:Figgy, I agree the movie looked good, but I felt the movie itself was terrible.

yeah the film itself was cheesy rubbish, but it looked fantastic.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I saw The Wolf of Wall Street today. I really enjoyed it. Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill were both really good as incredibly unlikable characters. It certainly felt its length (three hours), but not necessarily in a bad way. I might write lengthier impressions later if I feel up to it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

All these good movies I am missing out on as they slowly leave my local cinema. WoWS was one of them. Sad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

I was surprised to see today that Gravity is still playing.  I might go back and see that sometime in the next week if it lasts that much longer. It's a big theatre though so I guess they can spare the screens, especially in the middle of the day on weekdays.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:09 am

Eldorion wrote:I saw The Wolf of Wall Street today.  I really enjoyed it.  Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill were both really good as incredibly unlikable characters.
Neither has to work very hard at it Very Happy

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:10 am

Mrs Figg wrote:
Radaghast wrote:Figgy, I agree the movie looked good, but I felt the movie itself was terrible.
yeah the film itself was cheesy rubbish, but it looked fantastic.
Yeah; waste of good art direction.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:26 am

Eldorion wrote:I was surprised to see today that Gravity is still playing.  I might go back and see that sometime in the next week if it lasts that much longer.  It's a big theatre though so I guess they can spare the screens, especially in the middle of the day on weekdays.

My local theater is still playing American Hustle, and I STILL haven't seen it. I WILL go tomorrow!

I watched Her last night (online, cuz it's not in my local theater and I don't want to travel 20 miles and pay 10 bucks for my ticket and sit through 25 minutes of commercials/trailers). It was really good, but if anyone going to see it has been through a break-up recently, I wouldn't recommend it. Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 am

Watched Dune the other day. Couldn't watch it all, total garbage Sad

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:20 am

Gona watch Riddick on blu-ray 2night, enjoyed the first 2.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:05 am

I watched "when The Wind Blows" the other night in bed. I got it on video, its some lesser known animation by Raymond Briggs,who did "The snowman" etc.
Spoiler:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Eldorion wrote:I was surprised to see today that Gravity is still playing.  I might go back and see that sometime in the next week if it lasts that much longer.  It's a big theatre though so I guess they can spare the screens, especially in the middle of the day on weekdays.

Go see it Eldo!, I would highly recommend it, specially you need to see Gravity on the big screen, watching on tv wouldnt do it justice. If it was still in cinemas here I would love to watch it a second time. Its brilliant. I would love to know what you think of it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 pm

azriel wrote:I watched "when The Wind Blows" the other night in bed. I got it on video, its some lesser known animation by Raymond Briggs,who did "The snowman" etc.

I watched that years ago when it first came out on VHS, and one more time with some people too young to remember growing up under the shadow of a potential mushroom cloud. I don't know if I need to ever watch it again, though I've recommended it to people. In its way it's a sweet movie, but terrifying in it's simplicity and candor.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 pm

It is David but, it still left me feeling icky  pale

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Yeah, me too. That's why I don't think I need to watch it again.

It's exactly what it was meant to do though: take a big issue like nuclear war and shrink it down to the point of view of ordinary folks. Sometimes it's important to feel icky about certain things.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 am

Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:40 am

Watched the alleged comedy classic Animal House (or most of it) yesterday. I don't get it  Shrugging 

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next