In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

+5
Orwell
azriel
Norc
chris63
php111
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Empty Re: In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

Post by azriel Thu May 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Orwell wrote:
azriel wrote: {{{{ Hes from OZ Laughing no sense of humour whats so ever Razz }}}}

Hey! He's British to begin with. He lacks two things if he wants to be a real Ozzie. (1) I don't think he ever stole a loaf of bread, (2) He hasn't had the surgery to improve his brain - you know, hasn't had the useless bits removed!
I knew he was a good old Pom to start with, he obviously got lured by sun,sea & s.....urfing,Probably encouraged to be like the hunky, strapping, tanned, beach loving surfer dude types....Blinded by all the blonde haired,bikini clad,gigglesome Kylie look-a-likes...fancied a bit of kangaroo jousting.....hand wrestling a croc.....Sqeeeeeeeeeeezing into some "budgie snatchers"............& then he met Orwell, who woke him to his naive ideas & put him on the path to true enlightenment...
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Empty Re: In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Norc wrote:yeaaah... we all have some problems.. to some degree... 5am? are u like... from china?

Does this look like I'm from China?

你好

I forgot Chinese, so I had to use one of my online buddies for translation. All the time I can't understand a word. I think I speak English and not Chinese? Could you read the above?

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

haha, no Very Happy i can't read chinese Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 4:05 pm

I tried asking you a question earlier but you disappeared from this thread?

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey pHp111 Everyone here will give you good advice and they are all good people , and if you are from the states as i am It will take you sometime to figure out European , Aussie SCotshobbit and British Humor LOL. Read them as norc suggested then Im sure you will have a neverending thirst to read everything Tolkien
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 23, 2013 4:34 pm

yes pHp we do have a strange sense of humour here so dont take nearly anything we say too seriously. we make jokes about each others countries but its never nasty and Always in fun. we have people from all around the world and we all get on fine apart from me and Pettytyrant, but he is Scottish so he deserves all he gets. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Speaking of which, where is the old duffer ? Wink

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Yeah, where is he? He'd been doing unmentionables in my carrot patch while I was gone, but I haven't seen him since you turned that carrot-hound-from-hell loose. Suspect

You don't suppose..... Shocked
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 23, 2013 7:18 pm

THE HOUND OF THE CARROTVILLES HAS GOT HIM? "dum dum derrrrrrrr" !
In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Shocked_zpsb0b9ec4c

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I read them order, although not delibretly, I read TH as a kid, and LotR's as a tennager and the Sil in my late teens, then again in my early twenties when I actually finished it!

I would definetly recommend readiong TH before LotR's though.
It belongs first, it was written first, published first and the LotR's is a direct result of its success and is linked to it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2