In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

+5
Orwell
azriel
Norc
chris63
php111
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Empty In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

Post by php111 Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 pm

I never once read any such books by Tolkien.

I'm looking to read them all online for free without paying. I was going to follow the link to the books below.

http://www.readanybook.com/author/john-ronald-reuel-tolkien-42

1.) Would that be a good site to read all JRR Tolkien books for free?

2.) In which order should I read all the books?

And thank you!!

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Empty Re: In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

Post by chris63 Thu May 23, 2013 12:18 am

From front to back Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Empty Re: In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books?

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 am

I didn't mean that order. I apologize I wasn't clear. Or unless you are joking to answer my questions?

I mean there are several of books such as Fellowship Of The Ring, The Two Towers, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion, right? So in which order should I read them? Also, on the link I provided I didn't see a free copy of The Silmarillion book to read.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 23, 2013 12:33 am

I would start with the Hobbit then fellowship, TT,ROTK then end with Silmarillion.

PS i was joking b4. Never take me seriously clown

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 1:00 am

And where do I find The Silmarillion book from?

Perhaps I should read them from back to front? Lol.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 6:42 am

i'de go to the library. i mean, it's not that comfortable to read behind a computer. and... at least at a library you give some support to tolkien and it's free too.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 am

also, Silmarillion you can read in bits and pieces and the appendix' is not necessary to read Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 am

Norc wrote:also, Silmarillion you can read in bits and pieces and the appendix' is not necessary to read Smile

I couldn't read it online without going to the library?

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 8:13 am

well, if you find a way, sure, but it's much more comfortable to read a physical book than to stare at a computer screen, it's like.. a lot of pages. also, i am no fan of finding free stuff on the internet, i can't really criticize, because i've done it, but i am no fan of it and i won't encourage it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 8:26 am

So you rather have me buy physical books? I don't have the money to buy any books right now.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 9:28 am

no the library Smile that's almost free ^^ just the card that cost next to nothing.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 am

Library is a good place to find books but, when I go to find one some buggars rented it out ! I look round charity shops & Boot fayres for things & so far, Ive been lucky, plus it doesnt cost much ! Yeah, ignore Chris ! {{{{ Hes from OZ Laughing no sense of humour whats so ever Razz }}}}
In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Manroo_zpsa47617de

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 23, 2013 9:41 am

Its a wind up :carrot:

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 am

Kissing

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 23, 2013 9:47 am

In what order should I read JRR Tolkien books? Glitter-graphics-elves-349348

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 10:03 am

Norc wrote:no the library Smile that's almost free ^^ just the card that cost next to nothing.

I'm bored. It's like 5am here. I woke up and started asking about books. Lol. I had too much Pepsi.

I do have a library card.

Well, right now I got nothing better to do. So, should I watch The Hobbit then all 3 of LOTR? Or Harry Potter? Or Star Trek?

My problems are I drink lots of caffeine, and dip tobacco.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 am

yeaaah... we all have some problems.. to some degree... 5am? are u like... from china?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 10:11 am

I don't think I'm Chinese. I sure hope not. No, I am on Eastern Time in USA in State of Pennsylvania.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 am

nooo.. more americans (joking! Obvously!)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 10:21 am

Norc wrote:nooo.. more americans (joking! Obvously!)

I hope that was a joke. I hope you won't joke around by making fun of me because I am an American.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 23, 2013 10:23 am

nononono, i was joking, it's just we're a lot of americans here Wink i never make fun of americans (or any type of person) unless they've done something that deserves being made fun of Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by php111 Thu May 23, 2013 10:27 am

Alright. You said in my other thread you watch a lot of movies, right? I should watch more movies but I don't. I don't like horror movies.

php111
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 am

azriel wrote: {{{{ Hes from OZ Laughing no sense of humour whats so ever Razz }}}}

Hey! He's Brittish to begin with. He lacks two things if he wants to be a real Ozzie. (1) I don't think he ever stole a loaf of bread, (2) He hasn't had the surgery to improve his brain - you know, hasn't had the useless bits removed!

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu May 23, 2013 11:06 am

php111 wrote:I hope that was a joke. I hope you won't joke around by making fun of me because I am an American.

Umm... in Forumshire that kind of comment can attract just the kind of attention you fear! Shocked

As an Old Guard Forumshiran, can I just mention, that no Country or Race or Religion (or Atheism) is exempt from being the target of jokes, Php.

We're horrible teasing people here - but we're even-handed. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 23, 2013 11:32 am

yep the library books are free and I have never read anything like a book online or on kindle. good old fashioned books are the best, and as Norc says much more comfortable to read than staring at a screen. I suggest Hobbit, Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, Return of the King, then if you are wanting more of the history of Middle Earth, The Silmarilion, also the short stories are great, like Children of Hurin.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next