Yes we are tribal.

Exhibit B: Facebook
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 Empty Re: Manly Thread - Boys Only

Post by Norc Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 pm

yeah. well. i am not that kind of gal. i am on tumblr. big difference.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Just a different tribe. Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 1625187496

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 pm

''Its essentially cooperative, with competion limited by the need to cooperate.
That seems to me quite different to me from how female society structures itself''. Petty

yo talkin out yo ass boy! No

female society is ALL about cooperation, what the fuck is a creche if not cooperation between mothers grandmothers aunts and sisters to take care of the offspring. Even female animals have creches. Female lions leave to go hunting and the aunts take care of the cubs. without cooperation there wouldnt be a female society, a network of female friends is very important to every girl and woman, its where we learn how to be adults, share information and advice and help and comfort. to deny that does us a great injustice.

Two Tribes Go To War. Twisted Evil
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:
yo talkin out yo ass boy! No

Two Tribes Go To War. Twisted Evil

pale
Sofa
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:'what the fuck is a creche if not cooperation between mothers grandmothers aunts and sisters to take care of the offspring

It's another word for a nativity scene. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 am

Or, more accurately, “Throw Away All Your Wife’s Clothes, Buy New Ones That Make Her Feel Uncomfortable And Are Only Appropriate For Summer And In So Doing Assert Financial Control Over Her, Reinforce The Idea That She Needs Your Approval For All Her Outfits And Social Outings And Make Her Feel Even More Shit About Herself Than She Does Already Probably All Thanks To Being Married To A Cunt Like You” Re- Mrs Figg.
I have to applaud you on this one ! I totally agree ! But saying we are structurally,genetically so much like either primates or any other mammal is ok in the century BC but, we are in the "here & now", we need to do better than THIS ! Wink

Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 31, 2013 2:18 am

what the fuck is a creche if not cooperation between mothers grandmothers aunts and sisters to take care of the offspring- Mrs Figg

And yet mothers bitch about one another at the school yard gates, use their children to get one up or manouvre against each other- and there are fewer more bitchy things than a buch of mothers whose kids are all in competion with each other- whether its a US pageant or Highland dance competion- there is a difference in approach there somehwere.

By an odd coincidence I was looking for something to watch on the BBC iplayer and there was a new sitcom written by and staring Jessica Hynes, who I have been a fan of since she cowrote Spaced with Simon Pegg years ago, called 'Up the Women'.
It's about a womens sewing circle- the BBC bill it as a 'suffragette comedy'.
The plot of the first episode concerns one of its members (Hynes) who has read a lot of books and is obviously much cleverer than the two men in the show, she wants to propose they change their name from the Branbury Intricate Craft Circle to the Branbury Intricate Craft Circle Politely Requests Womans Suffrage.
The immediate result of her proposal is that the head of the circle immediately forms a split away group with bigger rossettes and all the cakes called the Anti-suffrage movement.
But the entire epiosde, whether its the releationship between the mother and daughter, or the treatment of the spinister, rather oddly illustrate the stuff I have been saying on here about how women seem to interact.
If you are in the UK and can watch it you will see what I mean.

But saying we are structurally,genetically so much like either primates or any other mammal is ok in the century BC but, we are in the "here & now", we need to do better than THIS !- Azriel

As an ideal I agree- in reality though its just not how it is. Different people have a different balance between being able to make concious choices and acting in a more instinctive way (I always liked how this was dealt with in Frank Herberts Dune with the box test to seperate out the 'real' humans- those who could overwite instinct with concious choice, from the human animals- those who cant, with the worrying bit being intellect isnt a factor- you can get very clever human animals- and they are the ones who generally end up running things).

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 am

i think it was dylan who said all the tired horses in the sun how am I supposed 2 get any ridin done?

i think that's a tune we can all hum 2

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 31, 2013 3:20 am

Cate Blanchett was better than Bob Nod
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri May 31, 2013 3:22 am

i had such a massive crush on her after that film

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 31, 2013 7:00 am

Mrs Figg wrote:

female society is ALL about cooperation, what the fuck is a creche if not cooperation between mothers grandmothers aunts and sisters to take care of the offspring. Even female animals have creches. Female lions leave to go hunting and the aunts take care of the cubs. without cooperation there wouldnt be a female society, a network of female friends is very important to every girl and woman, its where we learn how to be adults, share information and advice and help and comfort. to deny that does us a great injustice.

hear hear!!!!
i know you say males have to be "buddies" and so to defend against tiger while hunting, but i find this a better reason, and a more peacful reason, for friendship. i believe if the worlds leaders where women we'de have much less war and such, because women focus on co-operation to co-exist. we need help from them and they need help from us.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 31, 2013 7:05 am

also, i have a feeling that what Petty's saying is that women are bitches. more or less. to men and to each other. that's not true. i am not a bitch. Figg is not a bitch as far as i know. Az is not a bitch. My mother ain't one, my aunt ain't one. Most people i know is not a bitch. so i dunno where you get your ideas from. TV-shows? Posh British/American people who doesn't have else to do? if you're saying women are bitchy with each other, i am saying men only care about sex (which we all can agree isn't the truth(not in all cases))
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 31, 2013 7:27 am

Norc wrote:i believe if the worlds leaders where women we'de have much less war and such, because women focus on co-operation to co-exist.

Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, Golda Meir, and Angela Merkel would all like to have a word with you. Very Happy

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 am

Laughing

Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 Photo

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 31, 2013 7:32 am

Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 4d7f69676a172d6ccad804f32213a2ef

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri May 31, 2013 8:32 am

chris63 wrote:Manly Thread - Boys Only - Page 13 4d7f69676a172d6ccad804f32213a2ef

Thank goodness, Chris. Thanks for bringing back more manly items. I was a bit worried back there with all that talk about women and social responsbility. Lady tongues and boobs, of course, are just the kind of pictures men really need to see and talk about on the Manly Thread. Frankly, it annoys me when the girls come here and hijack proceedings. Mad (They do, after all, have a perfectly good girlie thread of their own to girl-talk on. Let's face it, we'd much prefer it if the girls minded their own busiess now and then. Rolling Eyes

(Note: See the wise words of Petty in my signature below. Says it all, methinks. Good ol' Petty. cheers )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 am

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:i believe if the worlds leaders where women we'de have much less war and such, because women focus on co-operation to co-exist.

Margaret Thatcher, Indira Gandhi, Golda Meir, and Angela Merkel would all like to have a word with you. Very Happy

Spoiler:

at least they tried to make it peacful, they were just stupid.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 31, 2013 12:52 pm

Nothing wrong with stereotypes in such a discussion Eldo- especially when the only other alternative would be to talk about actual individuals who might not even be here- which wouldnt be fair.

Norc, Thatcher was not good, she certainly wasnt cooperative, quite the oppositie, but she was ruthless- a trait I ascribed to women having more of than men way backin this debate- Merkel is the same- the ability to make the hard, or unpopular decisions and see them through- so they are a good example of exactly what I have been saying, thanks. Very Happy

Its not about bitchiness either, thats just one way in which it manifests- but in my experience if you have a group of women stuck together for long enough it soon descends into manouvering and positioning and jostling, and all the politics that comes with that- whereas a group of men will tend to settle quite quickly into a pattern of alpha males and followers with far less hassle and dissent (it may take a outburst of agression to decide who ranks where, if necessary, an occasionaly to maintain ranks).

Orwell- you are quite right- not only do the women of Forumshire invade the Manly Thread in a non cooperative fashion, they then refuse to listen to the manly wisdom found here or do as they are told {{{Bloody women. Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 31, 2013 1:13 pm

It's funny how the world is so full of violence and war if all the men does is skipping around, holding hands and trusting each other, batting their eyelids to their beloved alpha male. No bitching in the men's world. Nope.

While the women can't wait till the men have left so they can eat the other womens' babies.

And, of course we got the strong willed man = strong man and strong willed women = bitch. That is a must.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 pm

well said Amarië. I still think women would make excellent country-leaders. men are egoistical and just arrg.. so freaking stubborn (at least this one). women think of the community(the tribe), not just themselves and their "group"(hunting gang)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 31, 2013 1:38 pm

The debate rarely gets beyond this point. Women are bitches, men are bastards. Clearly the only ones fit to rule are transgenders and hermaphrodites, a new master class is on the rise.

The ability to rule is not about having the 'bestest' gender, but to be the right person for the job.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm

now lets all go and watch the new arrested development

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm

It's funny how the world is so full of violence and war if all the men does is skipping around, holding hands and trusting each other, batting their eyelids to their beloved alpha male.- Norc

You seem to have missed the bit where I mention outbursts of violence to maintain the ranking.
That is a male trait, its how we decide the pecking order, even still. It doesnt have to overt physical violence either- intimidation and fear work just as well. And you will always get a jostling for power as men try to move up in rank within their tribe (whether thats a company, a political party or whatever) but it tends to be more confrontational, more direct and upfront- women are more likely to scheme, deploy tactics, use others to get what they want ect- its a different approach.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next