halfwise
Ringdrotten
Norc
Pettytyrant101
CC12 35
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:50 am

yeah, you Brit types have to stop picking on accents for middle-earth: shouldn't be british anyway. he sounded consistent to me.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:53 am

And hes got a new accent by the end (and several inbetween!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 am

aragorn is still hot as an old man and a stone tomb wtf

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 am

Maybe it's my Yank's tin ear, but I don't hear a shift that's all that jarring.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:06 am

But you have to understand, to us there's the Queen's english, there's cockney, and there's the Scottish/Irish (we can't hear the difference between the two unless asked to pay attention). Anything else just sounds like another fookin' Limey, we can't tell.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:07 am

Or I should say upper class, Monty Python, and Celtic.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:21 am

Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 am

halfwise wrote:But you have to understand, to us there's the Queen's english, there's cockney, and there's the Scottish/Irish (we can't hear the difference between the two unless asked to pay attention). Anything else just sounds like another fookin' Limey, we can't tell.

well speaking as a fookin Limey I have to say that Viggo was brilliant, and had a damn fine accent. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 am

I thought Viggo Mortensein did a really good job.
No complaints from me Shocked

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:35 am

Where you from, RA?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 am

Oh I'm certainly no judge of english accents - Californian.
I just really liked his performance as Aragorn; can't say the same for the reluctant King bit though.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:What wrong with Persbrandt using his own accent? Why would Beorn be english- not exatly an english sounding name.

Neither is Aragorn.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:31 am

I never said he was. Suspect Merely that it was not consitant throughout the films, or often in the same film, or even scene.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:35 am

i am with petty, i hear his accent Razz especially in fellowship, his nordic is showing haha..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 am

seriolsy, i am not even a native speaker, yet i am pretty good with accents/dialects in english Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 am

maybe not in placing them, but definintely hear the difference.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:38 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

And hes got a new accent by the end (and several inbetween!)

as i said, espeically in fellowship, though unlike Petty, i don't have a problem with it. we're talking about a man growing up talking elvish. srsly.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Razz its his Elven accent cheers I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Alright, fair enough, the accent-changing is pretty terrible.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm

give him a break, he's danish!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:42 pm

he speaks about ten languages, is international, and English is not his native language, as Norc said, give him a break. It was hardly noticeable, and I am English so I would notice a weird accent. I really think its extreme and unecessary nitpicking. Mad probably on the par of grass length. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:52 pm

What I enjoy about Viggo is,that he is quietly spoken, his voice is soft. I take more interest in guys if they DONT come across bold & bolshi & "know-it-all" & if a guy keeps swearing non stop, thats a turn off, Viggo sounds nice, easy on the ear as well as the eye, (oh yeah!) Nod

this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I really think its extreme and unecessary nitpicking.- Mrs Figg

I am not nitpicking. Its never really bothered me, more amused me.
Just pointing out his accent changes every other word as some folk didnt seem it believe it, but it does.
Rewriting Aragorns motivations and attitude, that's a problem worth being crabbit about however. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Viggo sounds nice, easy on the ear as well as the eye,- Azriel

Yeah give a woman a rough looking, hair unbrushed, stubbly, unkempt guy caked in dirt in a film and they swoon alll over him - but in real life? Not so good a look for pulling! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Viggo sounds nice, easy on the ear as well as the eye,- Azriel

Yeah give a woman a rough looking, hair unbrushed, stubbly, unkempt guy caked in dirt in a film and they swoon alll over him - but in real life? Not so good a look for pulling! Mad
lol!

this is a good thread, Carly daughter of Johnwaynehobbit - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next