Norc
Pettytyrant101
chris63
David H
Eldorion
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where in the world is Forumshire?

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Recoveryanonymous wrote:I wonder how much DOS has helped this year.
I don't know how much of it is down to DOS, but I've updated the map sporadically over the past year, most recently about a week ago. I also switched to a clearer and hopefully more readable map template.

Click the map for a full-size view.

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 40tv4yll
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where in the world is Forumshire?

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:41 pm

cheers  We are finally making some inroads into Africa!

But what is it about us that Greenlanders dont seem to like! Mad  {{{Maybe they havent found a way to run the internet off thermals yet!}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Well there are only like 50,000 Greenlanders to begin with.  Although we have had a visitor from the Faroe Islands, which has a slightly smaller population. Shrugging

As people may have noticed, we have been visited from every inhabited continent in the world! cheers This was true last year too, but we've made some good progress since then.  Notably, we have been visited from nearly every single country in Europe. (the only holdouts are a couple of microstates like Vatican City). Thumbs Up

Here are the top 10 countries we have been visited from:

1. United States
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Norway
  4. Australia
  5. Italy
  6. Canada
  7. (not set)
  8. Germany
  9. Sweden
  10. Kuwait
  11. France
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:00 pm

What does 'not set' mean?

And whilst we do get visited by every continent we dont have representatives from every continent as regular posters- come on foreigners! What you afraid of? Mad 

Where are all the Arabs? I realise things are a bit, busy, in your neck of the wood recently but surely if anyone needs somewhere silly to go its, oh hold on a minute, you are already in a very silly bit of the world, but still at least here the silly isn't lethal Mad 

And the Africans- that place is bloody huge, come on say hello! We didn't invade your country treat you appallingly and leave you in the lurch just so you could ignore us!Mad 

And where are the German's hiding, in a bunker! Sorry! I promise we wont mention the war, except that once, probably not anyway, ok, maybe a bit. But you have to admit there a lot of mileage in a war where everyone had such spiffing uniforms.

And where's the Swedish? Its not like we dont have enough Fjordians here for you to fight and eventually take over their Fjordian thread. We might even let you start a sauna thread, just expect the Brits to turn up with a very large towel and most of their clothes still on underneath. Mad 

And the French, why are you so low on the list frenchies? Mad 
It's all right, there are hardly any English here and we can restart the Auld Alliance and you can buy me a buckie Nod just dont put bloody garlic in it Mad 

There, now if that warm invitation doesn't bring us a more diverse populace I dont know what will Nod 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:17 pm

We've had a couple German members.  And I'm pretty sure there are considerably more English than Scottish around here.

USA number one though, baby! USA

Pettytyrant101 wrote:What does 'not set' mean?
That Google Analytics couldn't tell which country the visitor was from, for one reason or another.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:22 pm

there are considerably more English than Scottish around here.- Eldo

Yes but I make up for the rest Twisted Evil {{You seriously want more of us?}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Sofa

{{{Imagine if we got a dyed-in-the-wool Unionist on here!  Or worse, someone from Edinburgh. affraid}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Only third. Shocked I'll have to visit more often. Laughing 

Middle Earth is obviously a international phenomena, but the map does probably showcase some of the limits in Tolkien awareness in the world.

Also compared to the mad bustle of somewhere like torn this is a much calmer place, and infinitely preferable in my opinion, where one can have proper conversations with people. But it might take people a bit more of a push to properly join in as well.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 pm

It's only really been in this year, I think, that we've seen significant numbers of people finding Forumshire through Google on their own. Before that, the majority of our members came here via the-hobbit-movie.com (both when it hosted the Old Forum and in the Bree era). But we are lucky, since THM is one of the few fansites that can compete with TORn on the search results front. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:
And where are the German's hiding, in a bunker! Sorry! I promise we wont mention the war, except that once, probably not anyway, ok, maybe a bit. But you have to admit there a lot of mileage in a war where everyone had such spiffing uniforms.
They were probably on here, you just thought they were speaking Fjordlandian with a bit of a hiccough.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:50 pm

I hope you are not accusing the Germans of piling into someone elses country? I promised we wont mention the war again you know. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:35 pm

wow thats bizarre, I just think I am talking to you lot, I just got that Gravity feeling. (yeah if you had ACTUALLY gone to see it PETTY you would know what I mean Suspect )
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I wasnt my fault I misplaced my sporran...at the off-licence Sofa 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Hah, all this talk about about germans reminded me of something Henning Wehn said on QI.

https://youtu.be/LqEB_598cU8?t=2m12s

"...nothing but a drain on brittish resources..."

He does have a point I guess. Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 am

That is actually quite funny. If I must say so myself. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:30 am

Well, what this tells me is that people from many walks of life and income and social brackets somehow get on here and read stuff and never come back again. They meet friends at Starbucks every where and talk about the liquor obsessed , swearing , bumbling freaks on here and then their friends come on and see the same and forbid their friends and relatives to come on and well here we are. But also says a lot about our loyalty to one another and stuff.......doesn't it?pale
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 am

Erm... Sure!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Leelee's got it sussed bounce

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:53 am

Just a periodic update to the Forumshire world map.  We have now had visitors not only from every continent on Earth (sans Antarctica) but from every sub-continental region of the United Nations geoscheme. Nod

Click for full size:

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Kbj36N1l
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:17 am

No North Korea?! Sad

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 163kim-jong-un-sad

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:46 am

If they'd gotten Katy Perry to do an ending song for The Hobbit we would've had a North Korean visitor by now. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:40 am

Eldorion wrote:Just a periodic update to the Forumshire world map.  We have now had visitors not only from every continent on Earth (sans Antarctica) but from every sub-continental region of the United Nations geoscheme. Nod

Click for full size:

Where in the world is Forumshire? - Page 2 Kbj36N1l

Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:19 am

We finally got China!! And much better inroads into Africa too. cheers

So come on, out the woodwork with you Chinese and African folks.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 am

Yeah, I was pleased to see that we've had more African visitors (unsurprisingly most of them from countries with substantial English-speaking populations).  I'd love to get Greenland and Libya so we can complete the Arctic and Mediterranean sets, though. Razz

We also just recently had our first visitor from the Falklands, though I was amused to see that Google Analytics referred to it as "Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)".
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:47 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:We finally got China!! And much better inroads into Africa too.

Eldorion wrote:I'd love to get Greenland and Libya so we can complete the Arctic and Mediterranean sets, though.

It's like you guys are collecting trading cards or something. Razz

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next