Lorient Avandi
chris63
Ringdrotten
32 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars   - Page 35 Empty Re: Star Wars

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 pm

bungobaggins wrote:There's a new Star Wars trailer out there. I've decided not to watch it.

cheers cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:37 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 05, 2015 6:36 pm

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars/35245/star-wars-2018s-film-will-be-boba-fett-origin-story

Rolling Eyes Never got what was so interesting about him.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue May 05, 2015 8:02 pm

I liked his voice in the original trilogy, very menacing. Then Lucas ruined it.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Boba Fett is the Darth Maul of the original trilogy. Awesome design, generally badass demeanor, but barely does anything and dies like a buster.

Agreed with bungo; I hope that the new film doesn't give Boba a New Zealand accent, but they probably will since his backstory from Attack of the Clones is still canon.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 06, 2015 2:03 am

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed May 06, 2015 3:54 am

Those hacks, that wasn't a real Plinkett review!!

God I hate reaction videos so much. How vain and narcissistic the internet is.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 06, 2015 6:26 am

I mean, the Red Wedding reaction videos were funny, but if it's just someone going "ooh wow I liked that" then I don't understand the appeal.  But then again I don't really watch reaction videos in general. Shrugging
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed May 06, 2015 6:32 pm

For viewers it probably has something to do with living vicariously or something about shared experiences. For the creator of the video it has to be something about garnering attention or acting. People act up and do things they wouldn't normally do when they're in front of a camera.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 06, 2015 7:09 pm

That's very true.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 19, 2015 5:46 pm

Someone posted some leaked Episode VII stunt footage on youtube, no spoilers, but it was very reassuring to see a big practical set and zip wires rather than greenscreen and clunky 3d cameras...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon May 25, 2015 8:01 pm

If anyone fancies lowering their expectations for Episode VII, this rumoured plot synopsis may do the trick:

Potentially MASSIVE SPOILERS (Rumoured Plot Synopsis):

Alot of this sounds like random guesswork or fabrication, but a few of these details certainly seem credible, the whole
Spoiler:
buisness has been doing the round for months, and after waiting 32 years I'll be extremely annoyed if
Spoiler:
really is that minimal...

The more I read/think about the direction Abrams seems to be taking things in the more worried I become, nostalgia and pandering to the fans may make for a more 'true' or fun Star Wars film, but for all their flaws at least the prequels expanded the universe and did something different, waiting three decades for the sequel only to be met with a blockbuster rehash could be a bigger disappointment...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 25, 2015 10:56 pm

I hope its not a retro looking film for the sake of nostalgia. I would prefer it not to be a selfconscious homage to the originals.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 pm

The Force may Awaken but I think I'll go back to sleep...

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

Star Wars   - Page 35 WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 26, 2015 1:58 am

I'm really curious about what's worrying you, Malick, but I've managed to avoid plot details so far and I kinda want to go in mostly blind (not something I usually bother doing but this isn't your typical film for me). I was pretty pessimistic about the new films when they were first announced and the result of Star Trek Into Darkness didn't help at all, but the trailers so far have been really good. Of course, Episode I also had a dope trailer (if you can watch it at this point without knowledge of the finished film seeping through), so who knows. But I think I'd rather not go in expecting any bad specifics. Though that could always backfire. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 am

These are similar to the spoilers that I had read earlier, but I avoided reading that detailed synopsis. What I don't understand is what is with some people and having to know every detail going in to the movie? No offense if that's you, Malick, but I just don't understand wanting to know every detail of the plot, and then posting it on the internet. I didn't know anything going in to see Mad Max and I had a lot of fun. This takes away all the fun. Shrugging

{{{Oh my, half way to 5000, this feels like it's taking forever!}}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue May 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Deja vu! This is like LotR spoilage all over again! Albeit 16 or so years later.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 pm

bungobaggins wrote:No offense if that's you, Malick, but I just don't understand wanting to know every detail of the plot, and then posting it on the internet.

Fair point, I stumbled across a few of the spoilers by accident, and curiosity got the better of me from there, I don't normally bother looking into film spoilers, but I'm also quite weak willed when it comes to waiting for them, I suppose as I'm actually rather looking forward to EP 7 (unlike say, Jurrasic World-haven't even watched the trailer) I'm more worried it will disappoint me- look at The Hobbit, I was very very excited when it was first announced but the closer we got to release with the trailers magazine articles etc the less interested I got, at least when AUJ came out I was forewarned to some of the changes-if I hadn't known about Azog, Radagast, the CGI etc beforehand I probably would have found it even harder to look at the film on its own terms, rather than as an adaptation

I'm not intending to find out everything about EP 7 before it comes out, but its both fun and a little reassuring to learn a little beforehand. With a film this Big it's very likely most of the rumours are totally wrong anyway...

Shrugging I guess I'm too impatient/ curious for my own good.

(A guy I know went to the auditions in London, and his cousin was apparently involved with building a few of the props, I learnt very little from them, but some of the rumours and random guesses from me combined could make for a worrying film)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm really curious about what's worrying you, Malick

I did start to write out a long and detailed/boring response, but the post was rambling (as my replies often are) and was wiped by accident so I'll keep this short:

A) Disney-good track record, but obsessed with sequels and universe building, worried they may make things too generic-the prequels were crappy but at least they did something different
B) Abrams-he's got a good eye for visuals, great at directing actors and always turns in a fun film,but he picks some spotty scripts to work with, and is a hardcore fan at heart (which could be good or bad, giving a director a massive budget and freedom to play in his favourite playground could go either way as Jackson proved)
D) It's been 32 years, I sincerely hope they recapture the magic, but they shouldn't try to hard to, or simply not bother-the trailer was great...but it was basically ticking boxes in the safest ways possible
Spoiler:
as the gap between sequels has expanded so much, I hope they expand the scope of things to match, I wouldn't mind, but I don't necessarily want more of the same...

And perhaps most importantly

D) As you have probably realized by now I'm a pessimistic nerd by nature Laughing

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 pm

bungobaggins wrote:

We joined the forum not that far apart and you hitting the big numbers much quicker than I am at least*, just do more norcing...

*Though I should hit 2000 within the next couple of weeks... Smile

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Deja vu! This is like LotR spoilage all over again! Albeit 16 or so years later.

I'm very thankful 7 year old me didn't have access to the Internet at the time...

Kinda wish I could see some of the speculation from back then would be interesting to see how the online fanbase has changed...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 26, 2015 7:46 pm

The online experience was in it's infancy back then.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 pm

halfwise wrote:The online experience was in it's infancy back then.

Well, yeah obviously but I know some of TORn's old forum is still archived, its interesting to read about the reaction to 'Xena Arwen' the casting etc...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I appreciate you outlining your thoughts, Malick. Smile I wouldn't describe myself as optimistic but I'm trying to go along for the ride and hope that the general positivity will help me enjoy the experience (though there's a good chance that I'll enjoy the film much less on later rewatches if the atmosphere plays too big a role).

I used to spend a lot of time reading through old archives of LOTR (and to some extent Star Wars) forums and newsgroups. Some things were quite different -- forums played a bigger role for those who were on them, since social media didn't exist yet, and blogs hadn't really begun either so anyone who had their own website had to know at least a little bit of HTML; the whole thing was more traditionally geeky, more computer literate, and yes, more male -- but plenty of other things have remained constant. Like the propensity of nerds to complain about things (something I myself engage in all the time Laughing).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 am

malickfan wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:No offense if that's you, Malick, but I just don't understand wanting to know every detail of the plot, and then posting it on the internet.

Fair point, I stumbled across a few of the spoilers by accident, and curiosity got the better of me from there, I don't normally bother looking into film spoilers, but I'm also quite weak willed when it comes to waiting for them, I suppose as I'm actually rather looking forward to EP 7 (unlike say, Jurrasic World-haven't even watched the trailer) I'm more worried it will disappoint me- look at The Hobbit, I was very very excited when it was first announced but the closer we got to release with the trailers magazine articles etc the less interested I got, at least when AUJ came out I was forewarned to some of the changes-if I hadn't known about Azog, Radagast, the CGI etc beforehand I probably would have found it even harder to look at the film on its own terms, rather than as an adaptation

I'm not intending to find out everything about EP 7 before it comes out, but its both fun and a little reassuring to learn a little beforehand. With a film this Big it's very likely most of the rumours are totally wrong anyway...

Shrugging  I guess I'm too impatient/ curious for my own good.

(A guy I know went to the auditions in London, and his cousin was apparently involved with building a few of the props, I learnt very little from them, but some of the rumours and random guesses from me combined could make for a worrying film)

I didn't really follow any spoilers or rumors in the lead up to AUJ, so I didn't know anything about the major changes. I heard they were going to show all the Gandalf stuff and that Radagast would be in it. Had no idea about Azog and female elf warriors and love triangles. I feel like if I read that entire detailed plot synopsis I won't have to see the movie at all, and I probably won't want to see it. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next