Lorient Avandi
chris63
Ringdrotten
32 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars   - Page 21 Empty Re: Star Wars

Post by David H Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm

malickfan wrote:now we just have to wait to be dissapointed by the script...

I know. I'm a bit divided. I'm hoping Kasdan can recapture some of the old magic, but I don't know.....
It's been a long time since he hit a home run.... Rolling Eyes 

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm surprised Max von Sydow is still alive. The Seventh Seal was forever ago.  cyclops 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:32 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I'm surprised Max von Sydow is still alive. The Seventh Seal was forever ago.  cyclops 

Do you suppose he's still playing chess? Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Didn't realise Von Sydow will be 86 by the time this comes out...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Actually this is better news than I had hoped- not so keen on Abrams screen writing after the ST films but Lawrence Kasdan did Empire (the best of the original three in my view) and Raiders of the Lost Ark- the best, and arguably only really good Indy film.

Mind you is also responsible for the Ewoks ad the cheesy awful ending to Jedi, so swings and roundabouts.
Still better than I hoped.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:47 pm

The weirdest thing about this is how accurate The Sun newspaper was, they mentioned Serkis as a member of the cast only yesterday, yet I hadn't read him rumored anywhere. Noticed Lucas wasn't around, hopefully he has minimal involvement...

As for Jedi, that was Lucas, both Kasdan and Ford wanted to kill Solo off halway through the film.

I guess we might see a a title announced soon.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:57 pm

bungobaggins wrote:So in the E.T. movie universe we are to assume that Star Wars exists in both our galaxy and the real Star Wars galaxy? scratch

Clearly George Lucas is also a Jedi. Nod

{{{Maybe ET was actually based on Lucas' and Spielberg's own hijinks together? Razz}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Lorient Avandi wrote:DISCLAIMER: SOME ON THIS FORUM ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT I ACTUALLY LIKE LUCAS, AS WELL AS THE PREQUEL TRILOGY, WITH AOTC OR ROTS BEING MY FAV STAR WARS FILMS. I STILL RECOGNIZE THAT MANY PEOPLE HATE HIM AND THE PREQUEL TRILOGY THOUGH

It's okay Lorient, we forgive you. Very Happy {{{Wink}}}

Well I might agree with you if he actually had any part in this. He has had little connection with Disney and the upcoming films since the sale. I highly doubt he played a major role in this. They may have consulted him (he is known for not caring too much for the EU) but I would bet the final decision came from Lucasfilm and Disney.

I can't say that I share your love for the Star Wars EU, though I have enjoyed several of the books and video games I read/played from it. The graphic novelization of ROTS was also very important to me since I wasn't allowed to watch the film when it was released (because it was PG-13 Rolling Eyes) so the graphic novel was the only way I had to complete the story for a couple of years. I'm glad that at least Disney/Lucasfilm won't let all the old EU stuff go out of print. Whether or not it's canon, it'll at least still be there for people to read and enjoy.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:07 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I'm guessing Andy Serkis will play Jar Jar Binks.

50 bucks says that whoever he is, it'll be mocapped (forcing Serkis to don the spandex fetish suit yet again).

Funny thing about Jar Jar Binks though ... he was actually the first completely CGI character to inhabit an otherwise live-action film and interact with all the actors, and he came almost three years before Gollum. And yet it's Weta and Serkis who get all the credit for driving forward technology, not ILM and Ahmed Best. Such is the power of people's hatred for Jar Jar. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Even though he was the best thing about ROTS, I'm glad that Ian McDiarmid's name hasn't come up yet. Hopefully that means they won't be using a "let's clone the Emperor" plot for Episode VII.

malickfan wrote:The weirdest thing about this is how accurate The Sun newspaper was, they mentioned Serkis as a member of the cast only yesterday, yet I hadn't read him rumored anywhere. Noticed Lucas wasn't around, hopefully he has minimal involvement...

I'm not that much more keen on Abrams' work, myself. I was really disappointed that he got the SW job. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong and get a great SW film out of this, but neither Abrams nor his frequent collaborators (most of whom are mercifully uninvolved here) give me much cause for optimism.

I do hope we'll see a title soon though, definitely.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:I'm guessing Andy Serkis will play Jar Jar Binks.

50 bucks says that whoever he is, it'll be mocapped (forcing Serkis to don the spandex fetish suit yet again).

Funny thing about Jar Jar Binks though ... he was actually the first completely CGI character to inhabit an otherwise live-action film and interact with all the actors, and he came almost three years before Gollum. And yet it's Weta and Serkis who get all the credit for driving forward technology, not ILM and Ahmed Best. Such is the power of people's hatred for Jar Jar. Laughing

That's actually kinda interesting, Jar Jar was a great achievement technologically, I personally think he was very well done for the time period, but nobody remembers that. Only Gollum.

Eldorion wrote:I can't say that I share your love for the Star Wars EU, though I have enjoyed several of the books and video games I read/played from it.
I definitely love the Expanded Universe, but I'm not the fanatic that some people are about it. The thing that bugs me most is that all those books I read, the games I played, have not meaning in the Star Wars Universe anymore. Neither do the books you read Eldo, or the games you played. Or any of the countless things that people have read/played in the SW universe. I almost feel like I have wasted my time and money because they have no impact. I would feel the same way if this happened to the Halo Universe, or any of the other things that I love.

The Star Wars Universe had an established history of thousands of years, thousands before Ep. 1, and thousands after Ep. 6. Now we are back down to about a 50 year time frame is all. I'll liken it to the Middle-Earth Universe again: how would people feel if Chris Tolkien came out and said that only the three LOTR books and Hobbit were actually canon. None of the other stuff happened. No Narn. No Silmarillion. No Histories of Middle Earth. I would feel like I had wasted my time and money with those other books as well.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 pm

I still say Luke should be the next Sith Lord- he turns to the Dark Side in Jedi.  Nod 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 am

I think one of the 3 original cast should die in the new movies. I know it is Disney but they have done tragedy before.

Seems to always be a parent that gets it.

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Well, Harrison did want Han killed off in Empire, so maybe he'll get his wish.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Yeah but Leonard Nimoy wanted Spock killed off too, and look how that's worked out for him.  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:01 pm

http://www.jarjar.org.uk/

Go on you know you want to sign it...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 01, 2014 12:11 am

I'll sign it if the only reason to get him back is to kill him horribly. Or maybe it could be a running joke - they keep killing him off but he's too stupid to realize he's dead and keeps popping up again.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 am

'Oh my god, they killed Jar Jar'

'You bastards'

Something like that Halfy?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:
The Star Wars Universe had an established history of thousands of years, thousands before Ep. 1, and thousands after Ep. 6. Now we are back down to about a 50 year time frame is all.  I'll liken it to the Middle-Earth Universe again: how would people feel if Chris Tolkien came out and said that only the three LOTR books and Hobbit were actually canon. None of the other stuff happened. No Narn. No Silmarillion. No Histories of Middle Earth. I would feel like I had wasted my time and money with those other books as well.
I would feel like Christopher Tolkien was talking out of his you-know-what.

Personally I'm not quite grasping what the big deal is here. Presumably the copies of the European Union works that you lot have collected will still be there for perusement. So really, even if this film disavows all that EU stuff you can still just ignore Lucas and his ilk and keep canon whatever you wish to keep canon.

Honestly, I don't possess much love for Star Wars. I feel about it how some future version of myself would feel about the Lord of the Rings. If he first watched The Hobbit and then heard about how great it was from a sub-culture of TORN fans with false hobbit-ears and fake New Zealand accents. Oh yeah, and if Christopher Tolkien had previously erased any history of his father's work and burned all Tolkien works the world over, 'cause, you know, George Lucas and what-not made all that Star Wars stuff up, as far as I know.

P.S.
I signed the petition as "Peter" from New Zealand.  Razz 

P.P.S.
The "notes" page for that petition website has about 4 entries, and then 8 months of internet spam. I read a few posts and then wanted to find some button that would erase the internet. Internet forum spam is probably the absolute worst thing there is. Reading it, you try and find some sort of justification for why humanity is ok even when it make things like that, and you just can't think of anything.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 01, 2014 1:52 pm

I didnt actually get to watch the new Star Wars films, I couldnt stand 20 minutes of the first one before I walked out the cinema. That kid irritated me to the point of teeth grinding fidget inducing doctors surgery Readers Digest levels of boredom.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Lancebloke wrote:'Oh my god, they killed Jar Jar'

'You bastards'

Something like that Halfy?

Precisely. Over and over.  Twisted Evil 

Then they can use disinfectant on the midichlorians.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 05, 2014 3:28 am

Saw this on another forum. Laughing

Star Wars mock draft on NFL.com -- Guess who the number-one pick was
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 05, 2014 3:31 am

I'm going to guess Jar Jar.

Edit: Crap. Ha! The Vikings got Luke! Laughing

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 am

Unfortunately the Cowboys got stuck with Jar Jar, but I can't really argue that it was a "Cowboysy thing to do". Damn Jerry Jones. Sad

NB I was pleasantly surprised to see Porkins and Wicket come in near the end. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon May 05, 2014 3:47 am

Porkins! Fuck yeah!

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next