Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
Gandalf's Beard
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The New American versions of Sherlock: Perception and Elementary - Page 3 Empty Re: The New American versions of Sherlock: Perception and Elementary

Post by Yavanna Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 pm

LOL, PettyTyrant! Well, the last ep of Elementary went on its way to using original stories from Doyle: an adaptation of "Silver Blaze". Mind you, it was nothing as fiendishly interesting as the Jeremy Brett version.
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

The New American versions of Sherlock: Perception and Elementary - Page 3 Empty Re: The New American versions of Sherlock: Perception and Elementary

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 pm

Few versions are, although I do really enjoy Sherlock, both for the Moff's writing but mainly because I think they do preserve the core of the originals in feel remarkably well.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Yavanna wrote:LOL, PettyTyrant! Well, the last ep of Elementary went on its way to using original stories from Doyle: an adaptation of "Silver Blaze". Mind you, it was nothing as fiendishly interesting as the Jeremy Brett version.
Kissing 

The New American versions of Sherlock: Perception and Elementary - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Yavanna wrote:@ Eldorion: Are we talking Irene Adler? Yes, the season finale was sparkling, showing  Jonny Lee Miller's capacity to shock and amaze with his acting. He's not just another "Monk", nor is he another Tim Roth "Lie To Me". He's much more complex, capable of great feats of emotion that they had previously withheld from the audience. As for Lucy Lu, I await her return to a little more dramatic acting. That constant frown (someone else said this further back in the thread?) is quite...boring. I can overlook the lack of writing because I expect great things from this series, once they get back on tract with rewriting some of Doyle's greatest works.
Yep, I was referring to the four-parter (never expected a CBS show to do something that long, btw, but I don't watch very much broadcast TV) with Adler and Moriarty. Not wanting to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the first season yet, but I was really pleased that Elementary managed to pull off those two characters in a fresh way without feeling like a ripoff of the BBC series, which they were very clearly inspired by in a lot of other ways. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3