Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Arwen undomiel
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hello! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello!

Post by Ally Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm guessing that you're under the legal age of consent which is 13 I think, to join most internet forums

If there is a rule that everyone has to ask their parents to join that sucks as mine are either dead/no idea where they've been for the past 10 years Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen undomiel Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Ally's comment is why I said you will not understand this!!! But I will not post anymore. Im sure you will not understand this, i think you dont even want to understand!!! Ally, why did you put a smiley after that sentence about your parents?

Arwen undomiel
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Bye then sweet Arwen. Leelee's all about doing the right thing for people, that's probably all I need to understand.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Arwen undomiel wrote:Ally's comment is why I said you will not understand this!!! But I will not post anymore. Im sure you will not understand this, i think you dont even want to understand!!! Ally, why did you put a smiley after that sentence about your parents?

well. I actually do understand. Or partly. I am over 13, yes so maybe I don't have to ask, but I've been 13 once. I do want to understand. Please don't stop posting, we barely just met and you seem like someone fun to be around. This is actually a far safer place to post, because we are not so many so if anything happens, like someone stepping across a line, you will have people backing you up and so.

Ally put the smiley up because she is a bit.. erm.. a bir of a lunatic. I bet she expects a letter from hogwarts any minute now, now that she is an orphan or whatever.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Ally wrote:I'm guessing that you're under the legal age of consent which is 13 I think, to join most internet forums

didn't we just celebrate a 13 year olds birthday here?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:33 am

I thought that Arwen's profile, before she blanked it out, said that she was 13, which is old enough to join forums in most countries. Then again, Leelee has previously asked that we ban everyone under the age of 19 from using this forum (which would include me), so I don't know what to make of her post.

I hope that you didn't leave because you thought you weren't allowed, Arwen. I hope you'll come back. Smile Besides, like Norc said, Squach was only 11 or 12 when she joined here (albeit by following her mum, Kafria).
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 am

Well its perfectly fine at 13 you get your parents permissiion to visit here Arwen- get them to come on and have a look- check the place out- there is the odd bit of bad language (well, mainly when Norc posts Very Happy), and there is a fair bit of innuendo and double entrendes, but thats more Benny Hill than 50 Shades of Grey.
I don't think there is anything here to cause concern to a parent (get them to join the rest of us old fogies here and see for themselves) and with any luck Forumshires better traits- respecting others opinions, debating without arguing, and its sense of commnity all come to the fore.

So do stay about Arwen, but do get permission if required- Tolkien, Who and Sherlock- its like the place was made for you!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen undomiel Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 am

[quote="Eldorion"]I thought that Arwen's profile, before she blanked it out, said that she [i]was[/i] 13, which is old enough to join forums in most countries. Then again, Leelee has previously asked that we ban everyone under the age of 19 from using this forum (which would include me), so I don't know what to make of her post.

I hope that you didn't leave because you thought you weren't allowed, Arwen. I hope you'll come back. :) Besides, like Norc said, Squach was only 11 or 12 when she joined here (albeit by following her mum, Kafria).[/quote]

No I don't leave for that reason. I know dearest Leelee quite well and I know what she means. And for some private reason's I will stop posting here.

Arwen undomiel
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 am

If one doesn't feel comfortable here it is only wise not to visit. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Eldo is right, I did. But in this case, it simply has to do with parental approval. The family and our family have been close for a long time now. The little elf had to have permission to be a council member and her family, devoted Catholics, do not wish their little son or daughter to be on sites that have swearing, images of any nudity or other things they feel are detrimental to the well being of their children. I am sure they would like everyone here, but it is just on principle until the children are young adults. And it seems she did not in fact ask or show them the site. nothing personal.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen undomiel Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Sorry

Arwen undomiel
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:56 pm

oh, yeah, then I see Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Arwen undomiel Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Im really sorry. I didnt want to cause discussions. Ok?! It's just....

Arwen undomiel
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:05 pm

Nono, one should respect that sort of thing, it's all our own choices what and where we choose to be. Just a bit sad to see you go so fast Wink i wish you luck with whatever you're up to next Smile

btw, I am not the one who swears the most here!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 pm

I think this video sums up Forumshire nicely:

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:46 pm

that forumshire doesn't make sense?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Ally makes perfect sense. Forumshire is the kind of place for people who like this kind of place - Planet Tolkien is for a set of folk with different sensibilities --- both places are for people who can go both ways, even if I think them a bit schizophrenic --- and if that means it's gun racks for girlies (and boyies - consenting* boyies that is) then so be it! Nod

*consenting equates somewhat with everything 'non-doctinaire' here. Consent to think (for yourself); consent to play; consent to dance (like David outside the gates of Jesualem - even if prudes complain); consent to be yourself; consent to be different but still be appreciated; consent to be respected but not through the prism of life (love) negating dumbarsed religious oppression; consent to... well, I won't go on - Ally's vid does say it all. cheers

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 pm

... and consent to have a poetic sensibility... forgot that.... Bless Eru. Nod

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm reminded for some reason of this Psalm (which forms part of a Boney M song, which no doubt gives it more street cred, though I can't recall Boney M mentioning the smashing of baby heads bit).

PSALM 137

By the rivers of Babylon
we sat down;
there we remembered Zion.
On the willows near by
we hung up our harps.
Those who captured us told us to
sing;
they told us to entertain them:
"Sing us a song about Zion."

How can we sing a song to the
Lord
in a foreign land?
May I never be able to play the
harp again
if I forget you, Jerusalem!
May I never be able to sing again
if I do not remember you,
if I do not think of you as my
greatest joy!

Remember, Lord, what the Edomites did
the day Jerusalem was
captured.
Remember how they kept saying
"Tear it down to the ground!"

Babylon, you will be destroyed.
Happy is the man who pays you
back
for what you have done to
us -
who takes your babies
and smashes them against a
rock.

Good News Bible.

I've been trying to interpret this Psalm for a Modern Sensibility, but the best I can come up with is that Jerusalem (in the imagery of this psalm) might be like Planet Tolkien, and Babylon might be Forumshire, and Edom might be Bree-land (or the like). I haven't got any further in my interpretation at this stage though. Shrugging

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Orwell wrote:Ally makes perfect sense. Forumshire is the kind of place for people who like this kind of place - Planet Tolkien is for a set of folk with different sensibilities --- both places are for people who can go both ways, even if I think them a bit schizophrenic --- and if that means it's gun racks for girlies (and boyies - consenting* boyies that is) then so be it! Nod

*consenting equates somewhat with everything 'non-doctinaire' here. Consent to think (for yourself); consent to play; consent to dance (like David outside the gates of Jesualem - even if prudes complain); consent to be yourself; consent to be different but still be appreciated; consent to be respected but not through the prism of life (love) negating dumbarsed religious oppression; consent to... well, I won't go on - Ally's vid does say it all. cheers

as I say... nothing makes sense..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Everything makes sense, Norc, it's just sometimes we're not ready to understand. Those who have ears to hear will hear - but only when (and if) they're ready! Nod

leelee, are you 'Amarie' after all, playing a fine joke upon us all? Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 am

Orwell wrote: consent to dance (like David outside the gates of Jesualem - even if prudes complain);

How did you hear about that? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:25 am

Well, I hope it's not too late for me to royally welcome you! I am Her Makesty Queen Tinuviel, finest nose and distributed if forumshire's.... Umm... Rasberry juice! And as far as age is concerned, I joined the old forum when I was 14 I think, and my parents were a little wary at first, but they realize its harmless! We're all just good natured lunatics! queen

Hello! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:31 am

Arwen sweetie! cheers You can live with me in the Dark Planet Embassy! We'll invite Kafira and have a Merlin marathon on the big screen Palantir. I'll have a room ready if you decide to stop by. Smile

I am a mother, and I have been a teen. And I have been a mother and a teen on the internet and in some years I will be the mother of teens who are on the internet. I am suppose to watch them, not the websites.

Of all the "evil" out there on the internet, this forum is not one. If I had to, I would rather let my kids loose here than on Neopets, Facebook or any social network.

This site is founded on trust, respect and humour. There will be reason for blushing and moving to another thread, but there is never ever any reason to be scared. It might not be quite the right place place for you, Arwen. Or perhaps it is. Either way, it's not an evil place.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 pm

yeah, Amarië pretty much is the mothering character here ;D
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi