Amarië
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
Norc
GabrielFW
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Page 2 Empty Re: Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Post by Gandalf's Goatee Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:51 am

GabrielFW wrote:This music needs to play at the end of The Hobbit

I can but agree, Gabriel...  Wink 

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Page 2 Empty Re: Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:19 am

I mean no offense to any parties involved, but if I never see that clip again it will be too soon.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:03 am

Its still better than this-

Shocked 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 am

well thats an interesting slant on it !  Very Happy I think towards the end William Shat-me-pants is taking the mickey out of the character hes trying so theatrically to portray, OH God, its SOOOOO lonely here in spaaaace ! *sob,sob,blub,blub* Were the fook did you find that petty ?  Laughing

Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Leonard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:26 am

This made me giggle !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 am

Were the fook did you find that petty ?- Azriel

I first saw it with a few mates late one night long ago in my misspent youth tripping on mushrooms- was years later before I found out it was actually real!

Loving the dance vid!  Very Happy 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf's Goatee Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:40 am

That was slick and funny...  Very Happy (Not talking about William tho'.  Wink )

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:40 pm

benedict owns it though..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Oh Richard looked SO uncomfortable reading that ! But, Cumberwumberbutty was having fun with it, & why not !  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Its still better than this-

Shocked 

An early essay in the form, if you will. The comedy worked so much better with about 30 years added to him. Or do you think he wasn't trying to be funny?  Shocked 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

I think he was serious!  Shocked 

'Shatner's musical career began in 1968 with the release of his first album, The Transformed Man. Shatner used the album to compare contemporary pop songs of the period to the works of William Shakespeare by providing dramatic readings of Shakespeare interspersed with dramatic readings of the lyrics of songs such as "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and "Mr. Tambourine Man".
In 1977 a live double album titled William Shatner Live was released. Recorded on a live tour shortly before, it features Shatner performing excerpts from The War of the Worlds and Cyrano de Bergerac, among other things.
Shatner has defended his "stylings", refusing to acknowledge it as an experiment that went wrong, and insisting instead that it was an acting performance from the perspective of an LSD user.'- wiki

In this one he, 'interprets' one of my favourite Pulp songs, Common People-

Thing is, listen to enough of it and you either want to go on a world wide rampage, or you find yourself questioning whether or not its actually a form of pure genius!  Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2