Eldorion
Mrs Figg
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

edit - Page 2 Empty Eh?

Post by Kendalf Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 am

I sincerely hope Mrs Figg hasn't left.

I enjoyed posting with her on Jackson's Facebook page many moons ago and she was the one who invited me to join The Hobbit Movie News Forum. Only a couple of weeks ago, she invited me to join this one.

Sad

Shireling

Back to top Go down

edit - Page 2 Empty Re: edit

Post by Orwell Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:37 am

What I'm planning is a two week period of full-on reviling of Eldo. I plan to question everything he has done, doubt his Manhood, question his scruples and basically make fun of him over that period... Suspect Hold on! That's what I've been doing ever since I first met him! Shocked Oh Swet Eru Save Me --- have I had a hand in creating a Monster...???

Mrs Figg needs to come back and work on Haddon Hall at the least, Turembar. I still plan to catch up with it {{{early signs were it was a top notch read'}}} in the near future (after my next nigtshift, actually, I've got it planned! Very Happy Actually, I plan to catch up with Needlehole Mysteries then too - but whatever you do, in the current climate, don't ever tell Mrs Figg I said that! Shocked }}}

So Mrs Figg, you must forgive the little toad-aced miscreant (Eldo that is Very Happy ). And, Eldo, don't do it again (whatever it was you did). We're all friends here! Very Happy

As to you, Kendalf, I permit you to talk to Mrs Figg, so long as you don't become too familiar, alright! Suspect

Last edited by Orwell on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:42 am

I don't think Eldo intended it as a public flogging and I'm sure he's feeling quite bad enough. It's hard to know how your words will be read. For this reason alone privately would have been better, live and learn.

I've made plenty of these types of mistakes in the past, it's so very difficult.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 am

I prefer these things to be out in the open, actually. So long as I'm not the one with egg inadevertently and accidentally splashed over my face --- I do know Eldo by now, he'd never deliberately hurt anyone, the frail little milksoppy-do-gooder Rolling Eyes --- nor the one who had my feelings utterly smashed to smithereens. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:59 am

What by Eru's soiled underwear Eldo have you done to my Friendly Outreach Program for the Citizens of Bree? Evil or Very Mad Ruined it thats what- no sonner do we get a new Breelander in the front door in the form of Kendalf and poor Mrs Figg is storming out the back taking her eels and wrangling kit with her.
Go apologise, publicly young man, and fetch her back where she belongs, among friends (well of the dubious I don't really know them they are just words on the screen sort, but friends none the less!).
Get to it young man before this whole incident brings out my crabbit (and I only just got this floor cleaned!).

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Turembar Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 am

halfwise wrote:I don't think Eldo intended it as a public flogging and I'm sure he's feeling quite bad enough. It's hard to know how your words will be read. For this reason alone privately would have been better, live and learn.

I've made plenty of these types of mistakes in the past, it's so very difficult.

I can't read minds, but I don't think he intended it either. I do think it was a poor judgement call, along the lines of 'shoot first ask questions later'. I chalk it up to age/lack of experience.
Turembar
Turembar
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 am

In all my times dealing with Eldo over a long period of time I have never once known him to be cruel, malicous or nasty in any fashion.
In my view this is a storm in a tea cup- as Admin Eldo had genuine concenrs (and the BBST rules do include a bit about not copying and pasting) but he should have dealt with it in a better way- that was a mistake, but we all make them at any age, and Eldo should be allowed to make one or two- he does after all provide and maintain this place for us all to come to.
Mrs Figg has become a prominant, popular and excellent member of our little community since she joined it and I dearly hope she will reconsider and remain so. Even though she has only been here a short time I for one would greatly miss her contributions. And this particular incident is not worth such a falling out over as no offence was meant even if it was mistakenly given.
Besides who is going to organise the summer picnic now?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:47 pm

halfwise wrote:Oh, I just read it literally - Mrs Figg posts a single word and Eldo treats it like an extensive quotation.

I read that too! no wonder I was condused!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, if he had cited her for unattributed quotes based on a single swear word it would have been brilliantly funny. Oh well.

Eldo - you haven't posted. Rest assured that we love you too, even if all our energy right now is focussed on getting Figgy back!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 pm

I think he's hiding in his hobbit hole.

no, but seriously, he's not even 18 yet! And he doesn't come across as a nasty young man, god damn it, he thankses and appologizes all the time and his posts on serious debates are super safe... x) it was probably just a human mistake, get over it..

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm not sure Eldo made any mistake as such. Having thought about it, I can both see why Mrs Figg might be offended, but also how Eldo meant no harm in the least. Petty's right, sometimes what we send and what others receive come to seem two different things. No one is to blame. And lay-off Eldo, folks. He is a great guy who keeps this place going. I am forever indebted to him for what he has done and is doing for Forumshire. He is a gentlehobbit of the highest degree who I have utmost respect for - and him a teenager ( Rolling Eyes ) what's more, so that's saying something. But I also still love you Mrs Figg, and I certainly don't blame you either, so please come back soon! Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Orwell wrote:I'm not sure Eldo made any mistake as such. Having thought about it, I can both see why Mrs Figg might be offended, but also how Eldo meant no harm in the least. Petty's right, sometimes what we send and what others receive come to seem two different things. No one is to blame. And lay-off Eldo, folks. He is a great guy who keeps this place going. I am forever indebted to him for what he has done and is doing for Forumshire. He is a gentlehobbit of the highest degree who I have utmost respect for - and him a teenager ( Rolling Eyes ) what's more, so that's saying something. But I also still love you Mrs Figg, and I certainly don't blame you either, so please come back soon! Rolling Eyes

edit - Page 2 Iamwithstupid
(I agree with Orwell! Shocked Mrs Orwell, did you use your hubby's account just now?)

Thing like this happens all the time in forums. (And I have been a mod for 10 years or so, since age suddenly is very important here.) Sure he could have take it via PM, though that doesn't mean our dear mrs Figg would have reacted any differently, and we have been non the wiser of what had happened. Eldo didn't edit her post, she did. We (at least I) don't know what it said originally or what the topic was. But I am sure Eldo will do his best to sort this out. And I am sure he is glad he has such supportive and understanding members and mods. Suspect

Do come back, Figgy! Sad

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Ooooooooooh! It was potted art history, wasn't it?

I was looking forward to that...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Me too Amarie!
And I dont think this is a case of bad Eldo or anything- he was acting as he felt he should as Admin. It could have been handled better (on the basis its hard to imagine the outcome being worse than current) but thats all.
Eldo has always done a superb job running the place but that doesn't make him, or any of us, infalliable and misunderstandings are bound to happen from time to time in a format with only printed words no inflections.
I hope a short period of time to cool emotions and normal service can be resumed.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Amarië wrote:Ooooooooooh! It was potted art history, wasn't it?

I was looking forward to that...

Actually Eldo linked to site quoted. It was much more interesting: painted nudes and social backlash!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I think what Eldo did was fairly fair. I mean, sure.. pm, but it goes for everyone, everyone should be aware of that fact Smile I think he is being quite a good admin I don't think any of us could do any better job.

((gawd... drama -.- ))
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Indeed Norc Eldo does do an excellent job- thats not at issue though- there has been a mishandling/misunderstanding, feelings have been hurt. The fact I dont for a second believe there was any intention whatsoever to cause hurt does not change the fact there has been hurt however.
Hopefully a show of appreciation for both of them will help soothe the matter over. The place is poorer without either posting and the loss becomes everyones. Sad

I blame Pj for putting everyone on such a downer with his bunny-drawn sleds and birds nest under hats! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 pm

this is such a typical drama... it's all in the end pointless misunderstandings.

(btw, I do not mind a lot about the birds nests under his hat.. I think it's cute.. but the rabbit, might need some time getting used to them)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Have you read Gandalf's description of meeting Radagast from the Council Norc? That Radagst is not even vaguely like the joke version PJ is giving us. Evil or Very Mad He is one of the Istari, an angelic being made incarnate, not a joke.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Saruman felt he was a joke, maybe there was something in it? I mean, he felt Gandalf was a fool spening a bit too much time in the Shire (btw, notcie in the first chapter in the Hobbit, it's said Gandalf was responsible for SEVERAL young lads and lasses wandering of on adventure, so he liked hobbits). And how is that a joke? I mean, yes.. he likes animals, but there's no joke in that. I bet he is terrifying in battle against Bened.. I mean the necromancer.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:14 pm

But Sarumans view is supposed to tell you more about the arrogance and huborous of Saruman than be an accurate description of Radagast whom Gandalf describes as 'an excellent wizard and a master of shapes and hues' and in conversation with Radagast there is nothing to even hint that Gandalf holds him anything less than high esteem. Saruman might see him as a joke but its clear he is not.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 pm

yeah, but that is Gandald opinion against Saruman's. I mean, someone may look at hobbits and think they're a joke, but not Gandalf.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:22 pm

I know whose opinion of character I would trust between those two! Doesn't help that I dont like PJ's idea of humour anyay, not if LotR's was anything to go by, so the thought of him turning an entire character into a humorous one is frankly appalling to me.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:27 pm

I wonder if we'll see the two blue wizards too.. maybe they'll be identical twins.. or women.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

You say these things to pain me Norc!! affraid

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next