I hope you havent edited out any Elves Petty? Extremely Crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Filming Possibilities - Page 4 Empty Re: Filming Possibilities

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:59 pm

That depends which film Mrs Figg!
Actually there gone from a couple- there's a whole army gone from Helms Deep.
And in TH I cut Elronds lot out that kill the warg when they escape into the passage to Rivendell as there is no Radagast in that edit at all save a name drop- and I trimmed the scene where Elrond and co ride in and circle the dwarves- now if theyd all been singng trala-la and teasing dwarves about beards- it would have stayed.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: now if theyd all been singng trala-la and teasing dwarves about beards.....

.....or lack of beards..... Suspect
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:41 pm

I think I would of at least appreaciated the delibrat irony of it if Pj had put in some teasing about their beards being short.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 pm

no Haldy in Helms Deep? BOO! Suspect he's lovely, how could you? Crying or Very sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Because the tension, the build up and the fight is much better without an elite crack unit of elves turning up rght after Theoden and Aragorn have a converaion pointing out how outnumbered they are and how poor the odds are, "My mens courage hangs by a thread"- all good stuff slightly ruined by the cavalry turning up before the bad guys do. :facepalm:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:53 pm

cor blimey! theres nowt as lovely as Elves in silver armour in the rain. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

That particular point did not weigh heavily in my desicion making I have to admit.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Suspect It should have.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Just not how my parsnip is buttered Mrs Figg {{note to self- must ask Dave what that actually means Suspect }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:01 am

Here's a nice parsnip. Buttering them is a bit out of my line. I suggest you talk to the milkmaid.

Filming Possibilities - Page 4 Phallic_parsnip
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:08 am

Shouldn't be HARD Embarassed

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:12 am

I have to say, I'm more disturbed by the stalks coming out of uncomfortable places than I am about anything else in your rude veg collection (which appears to be limitless). Shocked
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:11 pm

yeah, whats with the wormy stalks? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Theres to many weird veggies coming from just one man & his garden ! Either hes got to much time on his hands & no "social" life, OR theres to many "batteries in his torch" & hes genetically engineering every root & flora he can find ! Laughing just how big is his out crop ?

Filming Possibilities - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Filming Possibilities - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Talking of veg is Farmer David still away on his trip?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

I was wondering that. I hope he's ok. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:57 am

Fan made trailer

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:44 pm

found these interesting bits of gossip..........
James McAvoy has revealed that it’s his ambition to play Gandalf on the big screen.

Talking to Total Film magazine, the actor – who has starred in cinematic blockbusters such as X-Men: First Class and Atonement – said he wanted to play the iconic wizard in the future.

James McAvoy also lined up a potential project in which he could play the role, which has been taken on by Ian McKellen in Peter Jackson’s interpretation of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Making reference to The Silmarillion Movie, another tome by J.R.R. Tolkien, he said:

“I’d like to play Gandalf”, before saying of the text: “It’s called The Silmarillion! It’s a collection of poems and songs that chart the ancient history of Middle-earth. My true geek is coming to the fore, but they’re really, really beautiful stories.”

“In part of that is the genesis of Gandalf, or Mithrandir, or Stormcrow, or any of his many, many names. Anyway, maybe that’s the one!” he added.

Last month, it was reported that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey set a new US box office record in its opening weekend after raking in $84.8 million (£52.4 million) – the highest three-day total of all-time in the month of December. In addition to McKellen, it also features Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Cate Blanchett, Elijah Wood, Sylvester McCoy and Benedict Cumberbatch.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm

And this.........................
Dear Mr. Jackson,

I just heard the news! Your recent announcement that you are making three Hobbit movies instead of two has me almost as excited as the fact that we get to see Radagast the Brown’s home. I know that some will worry that this is a mere marketing ploy to get more money from the fans. However, I am not worried. The Hobbit has so much wonderful delicious back story, which is not seen in the book but will make an excellent movie. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see Gandalf taking on the Necromancer in Dol Guldur and to see the very first inklings of Saruman’s treachery in his exaltation to power over the white council.

You and I have have our disagreements over how you handle your male lead characters. I do not think that angst or wavering are necessary to create story arc, even in movie characters. You clearly disagree. However, these are but internecine squabbles between two passionate fans of a master. Thank you! Thank you so much for bringing the stories which I adore to the screen!

Thank you most of all for your dedication to the craft of film and your openly expressed desire to inspire others to become great filmmakers like you. It is a rare gift for someone with your skills and talents to so willingly and openly invite us into the process. You have done so in all your travels in Middle Earth. For that you have my undying admiration.

Mr. Jackson, as a fan of Tolkien, I am sure that you are aware that on their shared tombstone Edith and Ronald bear the names of Luthien and Beren. Tolkien did not choose to be buried under the name of the Evenstar and her mortal prince, Aragorn. Rather, he chose the names of their ancestors, the greatest love story Tolkien ever created. This story has yet to find a storyteller who can bring it to life in any fresh way.

Mr. Jackson, you are that person! If you will not bring the tale of Beren and Luthien to the screen, no one will know why Aragorn sings their love song in the wastes near Weathertop and no one will know why Tolkien chose to be buried under the name Beren instead of Aragorn. Not only so, but along with Beren and Luthien shall fade the memory of the great Silmarils which drove the wondrous stories which fill two full ages in the great saga of Middle Earth. It is the pure light of a silmaril that fills the phial which Galadriel gives Frodo. It is the light of a silmaril which turns away the wrath of the last child of Ungoliant in the pass above Cirith Ungol. Yet how can we know why the light of that star, and that star alone, would serve as a light when all other lights fail unless you tell us? This is why today I write to ask you to take on the challenge of making feature movies from The Silmarillion.

Mr. Jackson, think of the stories you can tell. Just think! There is the story of the creation and the coming of the gods. There is the story of the great trees and the forging of the Silmarils. There is the story of the elves’ rebellion against the will of the gods and Feanor’s flight to reclaim the great jewels. What about Turin and the seven sons of Feanor? There are epic battles between elves and dwarves. We could see Durin look into the lake of Kheled-zaram and found the great city of Khazad-dum. Consider the overthrow of Morgoth. Think of whole armies of balrogs arrayed against a host of elves and gods as the great northern lands are plunged into the sea! This doesn’t even cover the second age with the rise of Sauron and the forging of the rings, the tragic but glorious fall of Numenor and the coming of the Kings of Numenor to Middle Earth.

Do not all of these tales cry out for an epic filmmaker like yourself to bring them to life? What technical feats and storytelling challenges to overcome! There is enough material there to last a lifetime, five or six films worth at least. The tale of Beren and Luthien alone is worthy of two movies — or perhaps you could split the latter half and make it three! (Sorry, couldn’t resist.) What spectacle, what glory! Think of the freedom, Mr. Jackson. Most of these are mere sketches just waiting to be filled out by a filmmaker like yourself. No more pedantic critics — like me — telling you that you got Aragorn wrong or complaining about Frodo’s mistrust of Sam. Please, Mr. Jackson, strike while the iron is hot. Use the cash and profit you will generate this December to get a studio to agree to bring us The Silmarillion Movie.

Sincerely,
A Fan
This nearly made me puke ! What a sucker-upper ! hope its done in sarcasm ?!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 pm

And finally, this..................
After bringing 12 minutes of The Hobbit Movie to Comic-Con — where Peter Jackson purposefully did not present footage in the 48 frames per second/3-D presentation that perplexed audiences at CinemaCon — the Lord of the Rings filmmaker spoke further about his desire to explore even more ground in the fantasy universe created by J.R.R. Tolkien. One possibility may be a third Hobbit film culled from Tolkien’s expansive LOTR notes and appendices, though Jackson admitted that the author’s posthumously published Silmarillion might present more of a challenge.

Familiar faces filled the screen in the Hobbit preview, which gave Comic-Con fans glimpses of Cate Blanchett’s Galadriel, Ian McKellen’s Gandalf, Orlando Bloom’s Legolas, and new cast member Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins in the two-parter, which will hit screens in December 2012 and 2013. Speaking with press, Jackson acknowledged his choice to present the footage in 2-D rather than the 48 fps that earned mixed-to-negative buzz at CinemaCon. “We have to try to figure out ways to make this cinematic experience much more spectacular, more immersive,” he said. “But you know, Hall H isn’t the place to do it.”

Neither is showing just ten minutes of footage in 48 fps an adequate way to introduce the format to thousands of uninitiated fans who may not even be used to big screen 3-D, he insisted. CinemaCon seems to have also taught Jackson not to let 48 fps overshadow the actual film at hand. “I didn’t want to repeat the CinemaCon experience where literally people see this reel and all they write about is 48 frames a second. That doesn’t do us any good. It doesn’t do 48 fps any good. To accurately judge that, you really need to sit down and watch the entire film.”

Meanwhile, Jackson and collaborators Philippa Boyens and Fran Walsh are in the early stages of looking at a potential third Hobbit film based on the vast 125-page appendices in Tolkien’s Return of the King, some of which was used to flesh out The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.

“Philippa and Fran and I have been talking to the studio about the other things we haven’t been able to shoot and seeing if we can possibly persuade them to do a few more weeks of shooting — possibly more than a few weeks, actually — a bit of additional shooting next year,” Jackson said. “There are other parts of the story that we’d like to tell that we haven’t had the chance to tell yet.”

Jackson looked to the additional Tolkien notes to fill in certain character backstories and events missing from the primary texts. “For instance, in The Hobbit where Gandalf mysteriously disappears for chapters on end and it’s not really explained in any detail where he’s gone, much later Tolkien fleshed those out in these appendices,” he explained. “It was altogether a lot more dark and more serious than what was written in The Hobbit Movie. And I do want to make a series of movies that run together so if any crazy lunatic wants to watch them all together in a row, there will be a consistency of tone.”

A completist’s cinematic tour of the LOTR world might include Tolkien’s The Silmarillion Movie, a collection of universe-building mythology edited and posthumously published by Tolkien’s son Christopher in 1977. The problem, Jackson says, is in who controls the rights to the work. “The Silmarillion Movie is the big volume, but that’s owned by the Tolkien estate,” he said. “It’s not owned by Warner Bros. or MGM — and I don’t think the Tolkien estate are very fond of these movies, so I wouldn’t expect to see The Silmarillion Movie any time soon.”
Source...."movieline".

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

whats McAvoy on about? Gandalf? Shocked *mind boggles*
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm

thats gossip for ya !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah Gandalf in the Sil- I assume he hasnt even read it. Laughing

As to that letter, by a remarkable coincidence it is exactly the opposite of the one I sent him! Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm

I read that article before. The author is petitioning to get the film rights of the Silmarillion released.
Ironically I think he's the same guy reporting on the current lawsuits between WB and the Estate.
He's been casting the Estate in a favorable light.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next